101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah, if you want to go up, push up.

When you have more than one lift but only one button, how would it work otherwise if one lift was above you and one was below you?
    Yes that's why you press all the buttons.

You’re a monster.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Hahaha, I can be quite indecisive, might just use hazards at every junction, you know, just in case

I'm talking highway here.

I'm just really surprised by the way Americans drive (or maybe it's Californians) now that I'm thinking about it. It would be great if one of them would ever use the hazards, that way I can keep even more distance.
  • Talking of twat drivers, I was about to emerge from a T junction yesterday when a car approaching from the left flashed me... then continued driving.

Now, people always flash you (wahey) in these situations to let you go. She didn't do that and was presumably just ensuring I knew she was coming... but visibility was fine.
  • That’s common in China - flashing lights and a beep of the horn don’t mean you can go, they mean make sure you see where I am because like fuck am I gonna slow down and let you through.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That suggests that the driver has ample awareness of your intention to join the road and the time to let you out, but instead choose to come the cunt and let you know about it for good measure. Amazing.
  • Nina wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yeah, if you want to go up, push up. When you have more than one lift but only one button, how would it work otherwise if one lift was above you and one was below you?
    Yes that's why you press all the buttons. (I do know how to use an lift btw, guess I just like pressing buttons. It's even worse when there's no light behind the button that goes on / changes colour after you've pressed it. How do you know you were actually strong enough to push it.)
    Just press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A for infinite lifts.
  • That suggests that the driver has ample awareness of your intention to join the road and the time to let you out, but instead choose to come the cunt and let you know about it for good measure. Amazing.

Yup. China is so aggressively "me first" in any public place. I've seen cars speed up in order to close a gap and prevent other cars from merging, because, you know, this is my space and I was here first, fuck you.
  • JonB wrote:
    Just press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A for infinite lifts.

This deserved more love.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    That suggests that the driver has ample awareness of your intention to join the road and the time to let you out, but instead choose to come the cunt and let you know about it for good measure. Amazing.
    Yup. China is so aggressively "me first" in any public place. I've seen cars speed up in order to close a gap and prevent other cars from merging, because, you know, this is my space and I was here first, fuck you.

Huh. I wasn't looking for confirmation that I'm an angry driver today but there it is.
  • My internet is rubbish.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The way it’s so hard for your brain to accept that an escalator isn’t moving even though it’s clearly not moving.
  • Those are stairs Yoss.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I hate that feeling, nothing yo can do about it either. I wonder if just painting that stripey pattern on a normal set of stairs would also induce it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • People that comment 'who?' under articles about actors/musicians/celebrities they've never heard of.
  • 420 69 nice
  • Because page number
  • Talking of twat drivers, I was about to emerge from a T junction yesterday when a car approaching from the left flashed me... then continued driving. Now, people always flash you (wahey) in these situations to let you go. She didn't do that and was presumably just ensuring I knew she was coming... but visibility was fine.

She was spot on though; flashing lights or using the horn is meant to convey "I'M HERE LOOK AT ME!"

110 - [font=arial, sans-serif]Flashing headlights[/font]. Only [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights[/font] to let other road users know that you are there. Do not [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights [/font]to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.
  • Wtf formatting
  • 110 - [font=arial, sans-serif]Flashing headlights[/font]. Only [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights[/font] to let other road users know that you are there. Do not [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights [/font]to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.
  • FUCK EBERYTHING

110 - Flashing headlights. Only flash your headlights to let other road users know that you are there. Do not flash your headlights to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In Ireland, putting on your hazards is a way to say thanks to the driver behind you, which I find just plain weird. Here it means be careful because you're slowing down abruptly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My car has an ariel but it doesn't have a font.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Talking of twat drivers, I was about to emerge from a T junction yesterday when a car approaching from the left flashed me... then continued driving. Now, people always flash you (wahey) in these situations to let you go. She didn't do that and was presumably just ensuring I knew she was coming... but visibility was fine.

She was spot on though; flashing lights or using the horn is meant to convey "I'M HERE LOOK AT ME!"

110 - [font=arial, sans-serif]Flashing headlights[/font]. Only [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights[/font] to let other road users know that you are there. Do not [font=arial, sans-serif]flash[/font] your [font=arial, sans-serif]headlights [/font]to convey any other message or intimidate other road users.

Yes, technically. But nobody in this country ever actually does that using the lights. It was made worse that she was also slowing down to turn into the junction I was emerging from but didn't indicate until she was almost at the junction.

I never put my hazards on to say thank you. Everyone else in the world seems to.
  • yeah but you just use the hazards that way with a quick flash or two...someone lets you out, you get in front of them, pop the hazards on...off. often only if it's darker too, if a hand wave wouldn't be seen.
    if there's an incident ahead, stick the hazards on and leave them on.  in the unlikely event someone lets you out straight into unexpected danger...fuck 'em! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Most people use their hazards to mean one of two things.

“Thank you.”

“I know I’m parked somewhere I shouldn’t be but special flashy lights make okay.”
  • The latter really gets my goat.
  • Maybe buy your goat some sunglasses?
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!