101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Got a taxi 1hr to help the in laws move into a new bungalow, they're moving from east London so I'm heading to their new place near Bournemouth from mine in Dorchester to collect the keys for them and meet them at the new place.

Picked the keys up at 11.45, got to the house, unlocked, checked everything, took pictures etc. wondering where the in laws are, waited an hour in the completely empty bungalow (which is great for whistling acoustics tbf), called the wife, she's called her parents - they're still in London, haven't left yet and still faffing with loading etc. they'll be at least 2.5hrs from when they leave, which sounds like may not be for a while.

Happy to help like but this seems like a shit show of organisation. I was lead to believe everything was ready and all that was needed was loading up a van then they'd be off and meet me here about the time I arrived.

Off to the pub now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah that would annoy me
  • Disappointed the story didn't twist into ' i was in the wrong house all along ' rather than just ' they're running late'.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nothing as exciting I'm afraid, but still something that annoys but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.

They still haven't left afaik, which means probably a 6pmish arrival, a couple of hours unloading to do here, then an hour back home. Thought I'd be done by now tbh. Definitely grabbing a few tins on the way home.
  • I generally agree but they did let me and the wife live with them rent/bill free for 6 months when the eldest was born and I moved out of my place in SE London, plus they're keen to babysit the kids now they'll be much closer. But yes, I am rather fucked off nonetheless.
  • Update: they left at 1.30, so hopefully here ~4pm.

Deffo have time for two more pints but should probably only have one more.
  • I'm two in already, the beer energy probably maxes at 3 I reckon
  • Nah, 3 then stopping is sleepy time. You need to get to 8 for max power, you'll be lifting heavy stuff on your own completely oblivious to injury (until tomorrow)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • 12 and a kebab or what’s the point?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You'll drive home much quicker after 15 tho.
  • I can't remember the last time I went past 8 pints. Probably an early start a few years ago, and that would've been Guinness, which I find easier to drink. Beer does me in now, I tend to switch to spirits and mixers after about 5 otherwise I'll sit there all mangled and bloated, constantly needing to smoke and wee.

How's the non smoking going, Nick?
  • I would've left and gone home. Then when they arrive say "oh yea, sorry still sorting out bits. Will be about 2.5 hours. Is that ok?"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • After 3 pints I'm asleep.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Got a taxi 1hr to help the in laws move into a new bungalow, they're moving from east London so I'm heading to their new place near Bournemouth from mine in Dorchester to collect the keys for them and meet them at the new place. Picked the keys up at 11.45, got to the house, unlocked, checked everything, took pictures etc. wondering where the in laws are, waited an hour in the completely empty bungalow (which is great for whistling acoustics tbf), called the wife, she's called her parents - they're still in London, haven't left yet and still faffing with loading etc. they'll be at least 2.5hrs from when they leave, which sounds like may not be for a while. Happy to help like but this seems like a shit show of organisation. I was lead to believe everything was ready and all that was needed was loading up a van then they'd be off and meet me here about the time I arrived. Off to the pub now.

Never trust people who think moving to Bournemouth is a good idea.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Finally done, was two vans to unload, back is killing me

FIL is such a hoarder, had a laugh at some of the ridiculous tat he has. A 1970s steamer that looks like it belongs in a retro sci fi film, a box of wedding cake pillars, four or five sets of old pc speakers, a box of landline phones, amongst other assorted bric a brac that you'd see for 50p or less in a charity shop. Best of all were two bags full of stones and a 90s AA roadmap of Israel.
  • It’s a bag of stones not a big of can’ts.
  • A bag of sdon'ts, surely.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    My wife lost her bank card about a month ago, after it fell out one of the pockets in her phone. She froze it via an online app then eventually ordered a replacement when the card didn't turn up. The new one arrived, and on three separate occasions I've found it on the floor in the house, after it had fallen out the phone pocket she obviously continued to use. Instead of gently reminding her not to be an idiot on the third occasion I had a bit of a strop and gave her an earful....which actually went reasonably well for a change, because she said 'point taken, you're absolutely right' (which shocked me enough to stop moaning). Fast forward to just now, when the fiver she was carrying didn't cover the oranges she was buying: she's lost and frozen her card again.

Phone/card combo update:

Just got home from work and saw the wife pick her phone up from the table, which caused her bank card - obviously still kept in the same pocket - to fire out the case and skid across the floor.  "So you didn't listen to me then" was my comment.  Which got blanked.
  • Just buy her a new case.
  • The Barman in the pub has sprayed so much cleaning fluid around I’m getting hints of Flash at the back of my throat with every sip of Carling.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh my god that sounds disgusting.
    Who orders Carling?
  • lol
    The Forum Herald™
  • I got a cask of Tenets for my perfect draft machine and was sure you’d all be proud
    The Forum Herald™
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Oh my god that sounds disgusting.
    Who orders Carling?

Lol
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    I got a cask of Tenets for my perfect draft machine and was sure you’d all be proud

Think you’ve got that backwards.

• Back when I used to work as a manager in a local Offy (many moons ago) we used to refer to Tenets as "Trampagne"
  • I found out special brews been reduced to 7.5% from 9%, presumably due to rising alcohol tax. Doesn't seem the same now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!