101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    DHL are a parcel of cunts.

Unable to deliver a Switch game to me from the US. Failed twice. Feck them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That slightly stilted, semi questioning tone... that some female podcasters and YouTubers affect... when producing their content?

Almost as if... the thoughts are coming to them as they talk, are forming the sentence spontaneously... But then, they'll say something else that brings into question what they originally thought.. or did it?
  • My neighbours are visiting from Finland. They're nice, but very chatty. Every single time I go out to put stuff in the garden or the bins or to the car I get collared. It's like he just waits out of sight until its too late for me to avoid him - I'm even using the peephole on the door to check if the coast is clear beforehand, but he still just emerges whenever I go down the stairs.
  • Haha
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Annoyingly, I hate people and avoid social situations but I am totally that neighbour. I love chats over the fence with mine lol
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    People who talk over their fences are the worst. I expected better.
  • So your neighbours aren’t usually there, they usually live in Finland?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • F-in neighbours!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So your neighbours aren’t usually there, they usually live in Finland?

Yeah. They're here about 5 or 6 times a year.

He doesn't just talk over a fence, he's been known to actually walk into my garden for a chat while I'm in there.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My neighbours gave me a few bay leaves from their garden.
    RgqOPCf.jpeg
  • For two years I lived next to an absolutely lovely old Italian couple.
    He was an Italian woodworker and every bit the old Italian woodworker stereotype. He had an amazing workshop in his garden and he and his wife would always be out working on projects or in the garden or sat outside on the bench on their decking drinking wine on a summer evening.

We would talk for hours over the fence or share a bottle of wine in the front garden.

Absolutely loved living next door to them.

Best neighbours ever.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So your neighbours aren’t usually there, they usually live in Finland?

Yeah. They're here about 5 or 6 times a year.

He doesn't just talk over a fence, he's been known to actually walk into my garden for a chat while I'm in there.

You lucky bar steward! My neighbours aren’t and but I’d still prefer to have the shared drive all to myself most of the times :)
  • For two years I lived next to an absolutely lovely old Italian couple.
    He was an Italian woodworker and every bit the old Italian woodworker stereotype. He had an amazing workshop in his garden and he and his wife would always be out working on projects or in the garden or sat outside on the bench on their decking drinking wine on a summer evening.

We would talk for hours over the fence or share a bottle of wine in the front garden.

Absolutely loved living next door to them.

Best neighbours ever.

Hellish.
  • No it was lovely. During the height of COVID both were considered very vulnerable so I would help out with their shopping and we would sit in our own gardens drinking wine and chatting.
    We were often the only social contact they would have.
    And they adored my twins. Made such a fuss over them :)
  • Talking to neighbours. Ugh.
  • We've had a new neighbour now for over a year and I've said hello to him once I think. Man of mystery. Barely leaves the house. No car. No proper shop in walking distance. Gets a Waitrose delivery once a fortnight. Not a peep through the walls. I love him.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    We’ll see him on the news soon.

“He was a nice quiet chap”.
  • How is it that I, a miserable antisocial grumpy bugger, is the most sociable with his neighbours?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well your neighbour is clearly a WW2 Nazi in hiding.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha
  • My neighbours have kids at the same school as mine. It's a daily game of cat and mouse to avoid walking up for pick up at the same time. Sometimes I can get caught there and back, but I've barely got enough small talk for one trip.
  • It's like the dreaded bumping into someone you work with on the way to work. Whether I like you or not, my travel time is mine and I do not want to engage at all.

Shout out Elf and Muzzy.
  • nick_md wrote:
    It's like the dreaded bumping into someone you work with on the way to work. Whether I like you or not, my travel time is mine and I do not want to engage at all.

Shout out Elf and Muzzy.

I feel seen.

I’ve been known to actively hide on the train station platform to avoid a friend. We’re mates, but I don’t want to talk to anyone on the morning commute. And we’re not close enough mates to sit in silence.
  • Plus there's the talking on a train carriage thing for me, you're pretty much having a conversation for everyone else to hear. Who wants to hear my banal bullshit on the way to work? See also: not answering my phone on a train or bus. Anything non urgent can wait.
  • I regularly see people take video calls on packed trains. Hellish.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    To clarify: I mainly sit next to Elf with the exhibit goal of ruining his journey
  • And it’s always a tremendous success for you. And always will be.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    <3
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Plus there's the talking on a train carriage thing for me, you're pretty much having a conversation for everyone else to hear. Who wants to hear my banal bullshit on the way to work? See also: not answering my phone on a train or bus. Anything non urgent can wait.

Same, avoid phone and conversation on public transport at all costs. Worst is when my mum used to visit me in London and we'd be getting the train from charging cross to Woolwich, she's there giving me all sorts of family updates and asking me stuff in an otherwise silent, packed carriage. Nightmare stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The neighbour who talks to me over the fence... I had to get a bus AND tube commute with him once, and he didn't shut up the whole way. One of the worst hours of my life.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!