101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Wino's Weekly has given it 6/10.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ffs.
  • Super is a cool drink in Rome for reason.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Super is a cool drink in Rome for reason.

Tennant's is fancy in Italy. I was just reading a reddit thread yesterday about this, all sorts of goodness like a premier European drinks menu in the US having bodingtons, another fancy American hotel having newky brown as a fancy tipple, and Strongbow being sold in expensive, small glass bottles as a fancy euro beverage. Love it.
  • I was on the Strongbow in New Orleans, but it was still fairly cheap at least.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Super is a cool drink in Rome for reason.

Tennant's is fancy in Italy. I was just reading a reddit thread yesterday about this, all sorts of goodness like a premier European drinks menu in the US having bodingtons, another fancy American hotel having newky brown as a fancy tipple, and Strongbow being sold in expensive, small glass bottles as a fancy euro beverage. Love it.

Aye, you see that all over the US. What we’d class as “cooking lager” they sell as premium imported beer. Top lols.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm glad they have Boddingtons. There's too much IPA over here now and I like a good old fashioned pint of beer.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I was reading a Reddit thread where everyone was hating on IPAs, I’m pretty much off beer these days, but IPAs make me feel physically sick. Hoppy beers were never my thing, but I’ve been in bars in Toronto where every beer tasted like an IPA to me, even the stouts.

My hatred of hops probably stems from them looking a bit like Brussels sprouts.
    Things can only get better.
  • Yeah, IPAs are the devils piss.
  • I used to like them but they're getting a bit much. I suspect they favour cans these days because the flavour is so acidic you just can't tell they're not from a bottle. There's no subtlety.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I like a good IPA, but there doesn't seem to be that many good ones. They also give me a hangover before I've even gone to bed.
  • Maybe I'm getting old but I really miss the hand pulled stuff that Yorkshire seems to do so well these days. And it doesn't cost a fiver.
  • I prefer my beers slightly higher on the IBU scale, which makes IPAs a safe-ish bet, though I do tend to avoid ones that go nuclear with their hoppy-ness nowadays. A good session IPA (assuming it's properly labelled) is often my go-to when I want a couple of pints outside.

But, obviously, there's more to bitter beers than just IPAs, and I do try to mix it up. Deffo don't hate IPAs, though.
  • There's actually a couple of really cracking Sea Salt IPAs that get brewed locally here, and a Jasmine Tea one, both of which are an absolute delight - though I wouldn't do an evening of them.
  • This morning I'm so close to snapping. My tolerance for other people was exhausted about 3 minutes into the school run.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They're not important. Just keep going.
  • They're not important. Just keep going.

They're just trying to cross the road, no need to run them over!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Especially the little ones at the school gates.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Vitality Healthcare. You make one enquiry and they just don't stop. 3 calls a day everyday for 2 weeks. And the worst bit is, if you answer they ask you to speak to one of their advisors and then put you on hold for 10 minutes!
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Aberdeen FC.
    Things can only get better.
  • monkey wrote:
    Me and the gf were due to meet someone from the LEA about my daughter's schooling needs. We both took the afternoon off work. Half an hour before the meeting, the woman texts saying she's cancelling because she's stepped in dog poo.
    UPDATE: Dog Shit Woman has said if we don't arrange another meeting to take place within the next two weeks, we lose our place.
  • Tell her you would, but you stepped in dog shit.
  • I'll let her in through the back and see if she can navigate the minefield of dog shits on the lawn.
  • monkey wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Me and the gf were due to meet someone from the LEA about my daughter's schooling needs. We both took the afternoon off work. Half an hour before the meeting, the woman texts saying she's cancelling because she's stepped in dog poo.
    UPDATE: Dog Shit Woman has said if we don't arrange another meeting to take place within the next two weeks, we lose our place.

She would fit in well with the DWP.
  • UPS. 

Fuck you and your useless AI website assistant, your broken app, and your useless automated phone lines.

JUST DELIVER MY FUCKING PARCEL.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mouse doing it's random click generation thing today. Fucking pain in the hole.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    UPS.  Fuck you and your useless AI website assistant, your broken app, and your useless automated phone lines. JUST DELIVER MY FUCKING PARCEL.

The only one I've found to be anywhere decent is DHL, 1 hour window, map updates properly.
  • To be honest, I find Amazon deliveries more reliable than any of the couriers.

Although I have a soft spot for Evri now, because out here that means 80-odd year old Shona rocking up in her battered Mercedes and dragging your parcels along the floor to your door with a smile and some local gossip.
  • Fuck Evri. DPD for life. Well, my DPD deliverers are nice and take care of the package anyway. Evri never have.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh, they’re a shite company. That’s hardly auld Shona’s fault though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!