Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • D.Va! Three for the price of one and the first two are huge and never disappear for reloading. Science. 

Quick dalliance back in to this to celebrate the periodical loot box openings. Lovely to catch up with Stormy and face the pain train of them leet badger lot! Shall try and get on PS4 a bit more in the coming weeks and hopefully get some more games in.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Never mind that — get yer arse on Tekken 7! June 2nd.

Tekken_Pez.gif
  • Go Mei, Tiger. Even if you can't play her, the sight of Mei with a golden gun causes such terror in the opposition that you'll have already won the psychological war.

And 'twas awesome to get some games in, Pez! Hurry back, y'hear?
  • All over it Scape. Shall main Eliza for ultimate Roujin trollage.

Hopefully be back on sooner rather than later Stormy! Next day or so I would hope, got the itch again.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Another decent night in comp. Played more Rein and Lizzy ran attack Bastion on the Payload/Hybrid maps with ScantAki on Mercy. Ultimate trolling I know, and I'm astounded it worked so well, and more than once.

Was languishing in the 2300's a week ago and I'm now in the 2800's so there's hope yet of joining Lizzy and Scant in diamond by the end of the season.

Got my silver profile though.
  • Yeah, similar scenes. Dragged myself from 2300 up to 2700 over my last two sessions. Annoyingly, I won 8 games in a row and started getting a streak boost and then after losing 1 lost the streak bonus. Won 4-5 more but would have flown up the ranks if it wasn't for that loss. Oh well.
  • It's taken some fucking work to get up from 2300. It's fucking messy at those ranks. Some very good players (generally good at shooting but not working together) but loads of quitters and idiots.
  • Man.........

That was refreshing.

Lovely games with stormy, scantaki, and lizzie tonight. I was tempted back in by the lure of scan's vast viewing figures.

Shook some rust off.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Nice work, Tiger. And yeah the games really can be messy at that level, but like you say, not all of 'em. The good players climbing really do seem to be balanced out by the morons though.

And great to get some games with Skade last night. With him and Pez dipping their toes back in it's almost feeling like old school Team Narcolepsy! Don't think we played any Capture the Rooster though, if you jump back on this week, Skade, we'll make sure to get a few in.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I desperately miss getting my Overwatch fix. Been unavoidably absent from home in the last 2 weeks and will have about 24 hours back in front of my PS4 from tomorrow afternoon. Would love to get involved in the Team Narco rebirth!

I still need to finish my placements before the chance disappears but I would be just as happy getting some quick play done. Haven't even tried Hook 2.0 yet, would love some seasonal skins too, especially the Hog one!

Anyway, hope y'all will be around tomorrow and have a spot for a piggy in your ranks.
  • Missed you, man. Hope all's well. I'll be on tomorrow evening, we'll definitely get some games in. And Hook 2.0 is chuffing awesome!!!
  • @woodimari If you can hold off finishing your placements 'til this evening then Lizzy and Scant should be able to join in as well. And yeah I know we don't usually four stack, but placements are cool. The others will be on their smurfs so no solid diamond opposition with any luck.

• Interesting stuff in the latest development update. First up, Capture the Flag will now be a permanent mode with modified versions of all of the KotH maps. Woulda really liked dedicated maps but I'm willing to give it a try.

Huge changes are coming to Custom Game, with a ton more options and best of all, a brand new server browser! You wanna run a custom Payload game with just Genji and Widowmaker playable (lolzers) and open it up for public consumption? Go for it!

Also, the Bastion buffs/nerfs hit the PTR. His assault rifle is Recon mode is way better from what I've seen, almost Soldier 76 like. His spread in Sentry mode is bigger though and headshots don't count so he's less of a turret sniper and of a more tank killer. He also takes less damage in Sentry mode, he can heal while moving, and changing modes is much quicker.

For anyone who hates the thought of a multiple turret defence meta this, along with Torb and Symmetra's resurgence is fuck-awful news. Can only imagine the trolls are pissing themselves with laughter.

Me? I'm dreading attacking any bloody capture point when this all goes live, but I'm more than happy to spread the salt while in defence. I'm complicated, okay?
  • Need to get back on this.

Will people be on for Quick Play tonight?
  • I mayn't be on for long tonight depending on stuff n whatnot. There's nary a Badger on with regularity these days, Petey aside. 'Tis a mighty shame.
  • 'Kay so the shift in character selection since the last update has thoroughly upset my lovely lil group. Tanks and supports are what we mostly play, with Soldier thrown in, and the tank meta suited us down to the ground.

Now the flanking DPS are bloody everywhere, and with Ana and D.Va's nerfs they're proving more than a match for our hefty sustain. Although funnily enough KotH maps, where we always struggled as a group, proved our salvation last night. Mainly 'cause the opposition were flanking a lil too much. 'Tis a strange and wonderful game.
  • Also, why is Genji still being pulled to the side of me when I hook him? I thought Hook 2.0 was supposed to fix that? Together with the changes to Hog going into the PTR (hook cooldown up to 8 seconds from 6 and hooked enemies brought 3.5m away instead of 2m, out of melee range) he's really gonna struggle against the mobile DPS. 

'Course, Winston gets a reduction to his critical hitbox so the game wants you to go ape again against a resurgent Gengu and Tracer. But fuck no aim required characters like Harambe and Symm. Srsly, the counters to the highest skill cap characters in the game are the lowest skill cap characters in the game? No thanks.
  • Uurggh. On a 5 game losing streak in comp atm and fell back into mid plat. Doesn't look like diamond is on the cards this season, and not sure about next season either tbh. Thing is, I hate solo-queuing and the peeps I play with most often don't play a lot of comp. So.

Anyhoo, this is the quickest I think I've ever done Anubis in attack. Typical weekend Overwatch quick play though, completely bloody random. 

• Do you lot play on PC?

I love this game and have clocked up a fuck load of time but I seem to get no better with any of the offensive lot. Everytime I walk into a game and have to be Phara or god forbid solider or Hanzo I'm hot garbage.

I think my mains are Sym, Junk and Mei. I can't shoot for shit but I do love this game. Does anyone use Sombre well? I just can't see how she fits well, the hack doesn't last long enough, what is it 5-8 seconds?
  • Bring a Rein shield down in the middle of a fight is huge.
  • I'm on it regularly (500+ hours so far), @Dogfingers, but PS4 only I'm afraid. I play flex with Lucio, Soldier, and Reinhardt, being my most played in comp this season but I'm happy with multiple heroes across all categories. That there's so many ways to play this game is still one of its biggest draws, if I can't hit anything on a particular day that's cool, there's plenty of heroes to suit and remain effective with.

I still can't play some of them for shit though, Genji and Hanzo in particular, McCree also. Just can't make 'em work at all. I'm in the same boat with Sombra but I haven't spent the time on her, she's definitely useful when played right though. Like Chopper says, taking down a shield (or all shields) at the right time can be game changing, her area control with the health packs is great when done right, and most of all, she's just really fucking annoying. I've seen half a team ignore the objective to try and hunt her down. Quality Sombra-ing right there.
  • So, no Doomfist but an Efi Oladele instead. Coolio.
  • How many months until it's revealed what an OR15 is then?
    Can-of-sprite
  • Efi's gonna create it's successor ain't she? As an expert in both AI and robotics. Dunno if that'll be the hero or her, and she pilots/summons it, or ends up somehow transferring/copying her personality to it. There's a big red robo-thing in some early Overwatch media that shares certain design cues with Efi's costume. It's a hell of a leap, but a Numbani built defensive tank would be great, and may be that long awaited alternative to Reinhardt the game's been crying out for.

Overwatch-efi-oladele_1200x500.jpg

overwatch_early_characters.0.jpg

The big red robo-thing's hard to miss, the common design elements are err... Knobbly head bit and triangles innit. As for all the quadruped talk, you can't see it's legs but you can see what look like hoofed feet. A humanoid torso with four legs (similar to Oddworld's Stranger) would be cool.
  • The game really does need another tank IMO.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Do you lot play on PC? I love this game and have clocked up a fuck load of time but I seem to get no better with any of the offensive lot. Everytime I walk into a game and have to be Phara or god forbid solider or Hanzo I'm hot garbage. I think my mains are Sym, Junk and Mei. I can't shoot for shit but I do love this game. Does anyone use Sombre well? I just can't see how she fits well, the hack doesn't last long enough, what is it 5-8 seconds?
    I bought this on PC on launch, but haven't even started. Might have some more time from now on, are there more people on PC playing this from here?
  • Mo4qwEa.jpg

Ooh, something's happening at Numbani airport!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I need to get back into this. Just don't have the time.
  • I was gonna say that it's the perfect game for a half hour blast, just a couple of games, but that never happens does it? Half an hour inevitably becomes two hours. Or six.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!