Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • So my Battlenet ID is Goku#25923
    Peter3C
  • Would be great to get some games in, guys. My Battlenet ID is Stormy#22869 for crossplay, I'm on PC and PS5.
    pc71 wrote:
    So my Battlenet ID is Goku#25923

Added. Mine is Drumbeg#2540.

Oh and I bought the Battlepass too. Fuck it! Cost me £9. I thought something was due to be honest.
  • Would be great to get some games in, guys. My Battlenet ID is Stormy#22869 for crossplay, I'm on PC and PS5.

Unrelated, but still on Battle.net, found a gift for you in Diablo 3 the other day. Should be waiting whenever the next time you login to that game is.
  • Oh wow it's been years since I played D3! Cheers, Cinty, will load it up this weekend.
  • Queue times are too long in a group but I'm really enjoying this all the same. I don't like 5v5 as much but am having lots of fun. Having chat in there and seeing all the toxic comments is pretty amusing.

Miss the days of touching Diamond, even if only temporarily. I'm a lot worse now.
  • Glad you're enjoying it, Tiger. I've got a lot worse as well, plus playing with PC friends and having no aim assist on controller sucks (I fucked my right wrist years ago and can't comfortably play with a mouse.)

5v5 is very divisive. DPS and many main-tank players are having a whale of a time and the games are definitely faster, but for me as a flex player who played more off-tank and support than DPS, it feels worse in every way. Less strategic options and no peel. Thing is, as they've shown with Orisa's very well done rework - they didn't need to get rid of a tank to get rid of shields. 

But hey, it's still fun. Played some games in a full five stack last night with a couple of old players and couple of new players. The matchmaking was all over the place and our teamwork was a complete mess, but every game had moments that made me grin like an idiot.
  • I play the tank role a lot. If my team is struggling I just switch to Zarya and it often swings the game completely. She is so OP.

• Yes she is, and if the leaks are to be believed they've targeted her for a nerf in the mid-season patch. Sombra, Genji, and DVa as well. Kinda strange though, as only yesterday it was being reported that there won't be any balancing done til season 2. 

Loving all the current memes about Moira players going purple only and getting out healed by their DPS. Every single time I load up Twitter there's more of 'em.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The account stuff is a real bugbear of mine, you have my sympathy there, Cinto. Drives me up the wall trying to set stuff up for Nate too. I got his Overwatch account set up but I've had problems with Ubi I think where they want you to set up a child's account but they're only for 12 year olds and over so that's Nate fucked. Pisses me off just remembering it

And inevitably I've come unstuck with this shite again.

Nate wanted to play the new shooter on the block, so I set up his account. He didn't have his phone on him (I doubt many eight year olds have one anyway), so I used my number for his account. Piece of piss, happy kid and dad combo.

That was a while ago, and since I had Overwatch 2 on my console I thought I'd give it a go. Apparently you can only use a mobile number once. No bother, I'll delete it off Nate's account, add it to mine and he can put his own phone on his account next time he plays.

Only the game still won't let me sign in even though I've updated Battle.net and it's accepted my phone number. So both accounts are now fucked.

Feel like murdering someone
  • Ooof, my sympathies Sparky. Fingers crossed you can support ticket that shit and get it sorted.
  • The Halloween challenges are a nice distraction, especially the "bride" one as it takes you through a few areas and has some nice secrets to find. More of this kind of thing would be welcome and it perhaps gives us a taster of the PvE stuff that may land at some point in the near future.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ooof, my sympathies Sparky. Fingers crossed you can support ticket that shit and get it sorted.

Haven't the heart to even try again with it just yet. Hopefully the changes worked after a server update or some shit. Honestly, account/login/password stuff really cuts through to my very soul. I understand the need for hoops to jump through with this going FTP etc but still. Fucking kryptonite
  • Just had the most incredible comeback in a game of mystery heroes (mode where you are assigned a random hero every time you die).

We were getting hammered on Colosseo, but then pushed the robot from our spawn to the enemies spawn COMPLETELY IN OVERTIME with an awesome comp of double-Zarya, double-Lucio, plus Pharah in air support. Lot's of stacking going on. Even overlapped Zarya's ultimate in the final few feet for a team kill.
  • Good stuff, mate. Comebacks are a rare thing on Push, let alone in Mystery Heroes. That comp sounds insane.  

That new tank looks great as well, but the thought of him (or any new hero) being locked behind hours and hours of grinding challenges or the cost of a battle pass doesn't sit well with me.
  • I agree. I don't mind paying for a BP, but the rewards in the current one are largely cack. I think they need to reward some currency redeemable in the store, as grinding for currency is completely unviable.

Grinding for new heroes is also a no-no. Pay-to-win. Feck off.

Some people will always be anti-freemium, but hopefully they find a middle-ground. For me personally, £9, 4 times per year I am totally fine with if they keep the content coming.

These maps are getting a little stale now, so I think they could do with broadening the pool for the next season.
  • Yup, hero's should be free with the battle pass offering much better cosmetics. 

And yeah I really don't like the map pool idea, all playable maps should be available at all times - as it was previously. This seasonal map rotation experiment makes the games feel really repetitive, and I can see the refresh with next season feeling just as repetitive a few weeks in. 

Shit, if they remove King's Row for a season I might actually stop playing. Changing the time of day was bad enough.
  • So, OW2 season 2 is live and you'll be lucky to get two games in a row in QP without someone on your team learning how to use the Ramattra badly. The flipside being, an enemy team with Ramattra almost guarantees an advantage.

The real story for me is just how buffed Doomfist is. Massive upgrade and he is really fun to use now.
  • Glad you're enjoying it, mate, but I think I'm gonna take a break for a while.

I mean, I do wanna play some games but I'm so against the anti-Overwatch practice of putting new heroes in the battle pass that I can't even bring myself to load up. I'm certainly not paying Blizzard any money for this patch pretending to be a sequel, so it's 30 odd hours of grinding to get to level 45 to even play Ramattra. With how I feel about the general state of Overwatch right now, that's a big nope. Absolutely gutting for a game I used to love and have over two thousand hours on. But hey that's just me, and fingers crossed some of the issues I have will get addressed from next season now there's a new guy in charge. His brief statement the other week was pretty positive and good to see. 

I'm interested in how you get on with the new champ though, some tuning aside, he actually seems really well designed for 5v5.
  • That's a shame. I paid the £8.99 (or whatever it is) for the battle pass straight away. I don't think I can reasonably expect ongoing support for many years post release for what I paid back in 2016. I respect your stance though.

Ramattra will take a while to get used to. Lot's of abilities to play with and seems like you have to mix up play styles a lot depending on the situation. Perhaps less singular/focussed than the other tanks.
  • Season 4 is live. What does it mean? Well, there's a new support hero called Lifeweaver who is unlockable via battlepass after a fair bit of grinding (or by handing over some £). Not much else is new. The usual buffs and nerfs and adding/removing of maps we've already played for years to the pool. Plus all the cosmetic shite in the Battlepass.

Lifeweaver seems to have a fairly complex toolset.

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/
  • Update : Lifeweaver is shocking. Worst hero in the game at the moment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!