Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Seagull's vid on this was pretty good:
    Interesting and a bit grim. Thanks!

Yeah some of the changes are odd. You've got a few characters like Orisa who were reworked to better suit the switch to 5v5 and all the differences that'll mean for game balance - and then you've got a bunch more who haven't been touched, and some of who now feel completely out of place. 

With only 3 new heroes and 1 new game mode plus PvE being delayed, I really would have liked to see more of the old characters getting reworks that keep them relevant. As it is, OW2 feels very cynical and half arsed.

But yeah I'm an Overwatch simp so I'm here for the long haul. I'm so disappointed in myself.
  • But yeah I'm an Overwatch simp so I'm here for the long haul. I'm so disappointed in myself.

We all have those games that we can’t evangelise to others without a million caveats. Some games hit some people and will be loved, in good times and bad, even begrudgingly. Don’t think that’s a bad thing - hope OW2 gets through these launch period pains and questionable decisions, for fans like you.

For me - I’ll be keeping an eye on the tank situation very, very closely before deciding whether I wanna jump back in.
  • Played a few matches this morning. Straight into the game, no queue, no disconnects.

Enjoyable, if unbalanced (no role queue) matches. Just unlocked the role queue stuff though, so that's my next go-to.

Well, it's Overwatch 2.0 rather than Overwatch 2. But that still makes it one of the greatest multi-player games ever made. The bar was set extremely high. So far, 5 vs 5 isn't an issue for me.
  • Nicely said, cheers Cinty. 

As for tanks, that single role is now super important. Doomfist is great and makes much more sense as a tank than he ever did as a DPS, and Zarya, Dva, Winston, Orisa, and Sigma are all in really good places. 

But as ever, stick to QP and tier lists mean nothing.

@drumbeg Glad you could get some more games in! I'll give it another go tonight. Fingers crossed they've sorted out my account merging issues.
  • I was utterly useless with Doomfist previously, even though I wanted to love him.

Will give him another whirl.

Just read that they have removed Cassidy's flashing. Can't get my head around that one. One of my favourite abilities...

...although, that magnetic grenade looks the shit!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    As it is, OW2 feels very cynical and half arsed. But yeah I'm an Overwatch simp so I'm here for the long haul. I'm so disappointed in myself.

Imagine saying something like this about a BLIZZARD game 10-15 years ago... I mean, a new Blizzard game was a sure bet and would have the entire world excited and invested. So fucking sickening how the industry has just crumbled to dust these past 5 years.
  • Yup. It all makes more sense if you view it as a content patch for Overwatch rather than a sequel (which is what it is), but the optics are not good and a lot of people are wise to this shit. 

Maybe if we'd got the PvE content there'd have been more of a buzz and the "2" would have made more sense, but that didn't happen. Plus, the whole live service thing is getting me down right now.

Such a shame, as it's still Overwatch and it's still a great game to play with friends. Plus they're now supporting it with regular updates, which is what the player base have been begging for for years now.
  • It's a weird one. It is both sequel and patch. The incremental character changes and new content feels like a patch.

...but what kind of patch would move previously playable characters behind a Freemium XP system?

I don't really mind. I paid what I paid in 2016 for hundreds of hours of fun. I'm about due to pay something else for the ongoing support, but even then, I won't. I'll just grind it out.
  • Yeah I really don't like the idea of locking new characters behind a grind. It's a move that feels totally at odds with what Overwatch is at it's core, and its my biggest issue with the update besides removing one of my lovely tanks form each team's line-up. /sob
  • More like No-verwatch.
  • Yeah I'm stealing that.

Spent two hours trying to get in this evening before calling it off, tried again later though and it was working. We played half a dozen games in a four stack and had fun. It's not gonna recreate the magic OG Overwatch had at launch (familiarity ensures that) but it's still a great way to spend some time with friends. 

Annoyingly the new characters were still locked for all of us and the account merging was still borked for me, fingers crossed this doesn't take too much longer to fix.
  • Bless you Dunkey :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Spent two hours trying to get in this evening before calling it off....

Same for me between 9pm - 10:30pm.

Got in fine yesterday during the day though. Maybe because the US haven't woken up yet.

g.man wrote:
    Bless you Dunkey :D 

Ha. Standard.
  • This game is trying hard to make me not like it.

Had a few games this morning. No issues. Then kicked off the "merge account" thing that will bring all my OW1 content in. I was placed at 180,000 in the migration queue, but I can play in the meantime. Whatever...

...only, now, the characters I unlocked in OW2 so far are back behind the BattePass wall.
  • That sucks, mate. Blizzard have said that if you own OW1 all three of the new characters will be unlocked from the start, so that you had to unlock any of them via the battlepass at all is bullshit. It's the same game file on the same platform, why is anything locked? 

I clicked to merge my accounts on Tuesday and it's still not done. I have no access to any of my OW1 unlocks and no access to the new characters.
  • Looking at Reddit and Twitter these same issues are rampant. I've never experienced a launch like this, Blizzard have fucked it so hard. DDoS attacks are one thing, but there's no way in hell that accounts for the majority of the ongoing problems here.
  • That sucks, mate. Blizzard have said that if you own OW1 all three of the new characters will be unlocked from the start, so that you had to unlock any of them via the battlepass at all is bullshit. It's the same game file on the same platform, why is anything locked?  I clicked to merge my accounts on Tuesday and it's still not done. I have no access to any of my OW1 unlocks and no access to the new characters.

It wasn't even solely the new characters that I unlocked. I unlocked Symettra, Cassidy and some others. Now I can't even play with some of my old faves, which is a real tactical hinderance!

I did also unlock Sojourn and played a couple of rounds with her. She seems like a great addition, but alas she is also now locked out.

There is a message in the menus that says whilst the migration is taking place some features will be locked, so it could just be expected behaviour. The queue is moving at a snails pace, but hopefully by tomorrow morning all will be right.
  • Have you switched platforms then? 

If not, that's not how the update should work. It's treating you like a brand new F2P account, but if you just updated on the same platform everything you had in OW1 should automatically should carry over without the need for account merging. 

Plenty of other people having similar issues, not that that's gonna help.
  • Just tried logging in to see if my account's been fixed and lol, no. Third straight night of queues and disconnects. How is this even real? 

Blizzard gotta be the biggest joke in gaming right now. Feelsbadman. Can't imagine how sick the team feel about it all.
  • Show networks
    PSN
    Prankster
    Steam
    Prankster

Send message
    Not being able to select chars, is a known bug, some explainations https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-launch-status-update/700480

If you are having any problems logging in, on PC, try changing to an off peak region.
  • Hey Prankster! Hope you're doing alright, mate. 

I haven't downloaded the PC version yet, I've been trying on PS5. I'll just give it a rest for a few nights and hope it all settles down soon.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just tried logging in to see if my account's been fixed and lol, no. Third straight night of queues and disconnects. How is this even real?  Blizzard gotta be the biggest joke in gaming right now.

Tried it on Switch for the lols last night. At 11:45 there were 4k in the queue. Really just cba with that any more. It's not since I stopped playing Live Service and Online Games (mostly) back in March that I have come to realise how irritated they used to make me :P
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think me and Tempy are gonna fuck around with this on Sunday if anyone would like to join.
  • Hey hey. If I'm free when y'all are I can be your Lucio-oh!
  • So, just been into the game to check and the merge is complete. Everything looks good now. All characters available and all my cosmetics from OW1 have been migrated.
  • Good stuff! Just checked and my account is still in the queue to be merged, specifically, 320,000 in the migration queue. Oh well, at least progress is finally visible.
  • Finally got into a few of the new robot push matches. These are a great addition, since the area of battle changes as the match goes on. Doomfist is a lot better for me as a tank. Kiriko seems good too, although I've not worked out how to be totally effective yet.
  • Looking forward to diving back in. Overwatch, despite the flaws, is still an absolute masterpiece.
  • Word. Hooked again. It's so good.
  • Aye, played into the early hours last night in a four-stack and had a blast. Even finished on some fun mystery heroes games. Had issues with a couple of crazy long queue times (around 20 mins), but mostly it was fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!