Overwatch 2 is in Beta and apparently they’ve changed all sorts!
  • Oh shit yeah they also dropped the Kiriko cinematic yesterday. Beautifully animated as ever.

• Zarya feels absolutely lethal in this now. Love playing as her. Does she have a strong counter?
  • No hard counters, just the same soft counters as before. Zen for of his ult to counter hers and Reaper to burn her down quickly. Zarya's just great and a proper carry. 

Ideally the whole team would focus her hard to burn through her bubble, but that takes coordination. With a team of randoms you're just as likely to make her more lethal, as you're no doubt all too aware.
  • Haven't been able to log in at all tonight on PC or PS5 due to the same login error. Blizz have acknowledged it as a known issue but today's patch didn't contain a fix.

Looks like I'm out 'til it they sort it.
  • Strange. I was playing last night on PS5 with no issues. Is your migration complete yet?
  • Yeah, it completed on Friday and I played that night without problems. Overwatch posted about these LC-208 errors on Twitter and it looks like it's affecting thousands of accounts, they plan to post another update on Monday.

It is annoying, but I'm fine not playing Overwatch for a few nights. I feel really bad for Team 4 though, between having to release this update as "Overwatch 2" and all the shit they got for it (I'm as guilty as anyone here) plus all the server and account problems, it must be soul destroying.
  • No hard counters, just the same soft counters as before.

With Symettra, I've found that her primary can burn down Zarya very quickly, especially since bubbling just allows me to ramp up the damage (maybe the same for every enemy though). Still, in a strict 1v1, Zarya wins. As for Symettra's rework, I'm struggling to see the point in her changes, since she seems to have been largely nerfed even though she was never a popular pick.

Having said that, she's still an absolute go to on certain choke-point maps for me.

I've always felt that Junket feels very OP, at least when I play as him. He seems unchanged.

The state of the game for me, since about day 3 has been rock solid. Zero disconnections. I like the priority requeue feature after you do a backfill.
  • I tried to set up Overwatch 2 on my PS5 couple of days back. Never had a battle.net account as I didn't use cross-play at the time, and when I updated from Overwatch 1 to 2, it needed me to set one up. 

Load of hassle to start the account, and then it needed a phone number, except i'm in China. The account I set up defaulted to being in America (maybe because VPN, or maybe because of the Apple account I usd to set it up) and it wouldn't let me change country without...er, paying money. And even if I wanted to, I'd still need a phone number and China uses a different account system so that would be impossible.

tl;dr

I know they want to discourage smurfs but their account system and phone number "solution" is obnoxious. I deleted Overwatch 2 without even making it to the queue. 0/10
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Think they've gone back on that now Cinty.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Think they've gone back on that now Cinty.
    New SMS Protect requirements are in effect. Console players who already had Overwatch connected to their Battle.net account no longer need to meet SMS Protect requirements. Any PC player who played OW1 in the past has this requirement removed.
    I never had a battle.net account when I played Overwatch, as it wasn't necessary on console until cross-play came in, and even then it was optional (if you were happy skipping cross-play). I mean, if it is properly removed, that's great and i'll try again, but from what i've read that doesn't actually seem to be the case.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sorry I mean't the phone number requirement. Yeah it's completely complex and convuluted... I never had Overwatch on PC but it somehow linked my Xbox version I think? And my Switch one. Tbh I don't know what's gone on :P
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The account stuff is a real bugbear of mine, you have my sympathy there, Cinto. Drives me up the wall trying to set stuff up for Nate too. I got his Overwatch account set up but I've had problems with Ubi I think where they want you to set up a child's account but they're only for 12 year olds and over so that's Nate fucked. Pisses me off just remembering it
  • Yeah that sucks, Cinty. And yeah as far as I can make out - new players and anyone who hadn't connected their accounts prior to OW2's launch will still need a phone. According to their blog post about it anyone who has played Overwatch since 9th June 2021 already has their accounts linked though. 

It really is a shit show.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finally a challenger to FFXIV's account setup eh Cinty? Long overdue...
  • Speedhaak wrote:

Hahahahaha
  • Thought I was going crazy in a match before. Couldn't find Bastion in the menu when changing heros.

Just saw he has been removed from the game temporarily as his ult is bugged.
  • Yeah his ult has been amazing, you've been able to shoot as many shots as you can within the ult window. I've seen half a map saturated by that thing.
  • digi wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:

Hahahahaha
    Three words…

Metal. Gear. Online.

neva4get

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ok, so Doomfist really needs fixing. I really want to play as him but he is hopeless. His damage output is ridiculously low now and his new blocking ability is crap. The health bump was welcome, but he is so ineffective as a tank, that he makes no sense. He still feels like a DPS but with a health bump and a bad damage nerf.

Orisa feels like a drastic rework and she plays a lot differently. Pulled off a great POTG right at the end on King's Row when I was last man standing.

• Nicely done! Orisa feels good right now and actually fun to play.

And yeah Doomfist is weird. In the beta he felt great and was getting love from all corners, but now people have put more time in his problems are far more apparent. He's honestly felt like one of the game's most problematic characters since he came out, from years-long bugs to broken abilities needing nerf after nerf to a playstyle that made him feel like he was created because someone thought his kit was cool rather than something designed to work within the game.

I still think he suits a dive tank better than a DPS and I don't want to see those bullshit one-shot punches back in the game, but he definitely needs some work.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Been trying this but I get disconnected maybe 75% of the time, usually near the end of the game (often right as it says victory or defeat). The game thinks I've only played for 23 minutes, rather than the few hours I've put in. Seems good but I can't really be putting up with getting booted so often.
  • Nicely done! Orisa feels good right now and actually fun to play. And yeah Doomfist is weird. In the beta he felt great and was getting love from all corners, but now people have put more time in his problems are far more apparent. He's honestly felt like one of the game's most problematic characters since he came out, from years-long bugs to broken abilities needing nerf after nerf to a playstyle that made him feel like he was created because someone thought his kit was cool rather than something designed to work within the game. I still think he suits a dive tank better than a DPS and I don't want to see those bullshit one-shot punches back in the game, but he definitely needs some work.

His rocket punch does feel way too underpowered now. At full charge, I think it's fair to be able to 1 hit a squishy.

I've also come around to loving Cassidy's new grenade. It's lethal!
  • Yeah the grenade's pretty cool, except when it's abusing the hell out of you as a support. 

Kow wrote:
    Been trying this but I get disconnected maybe 75% of the time, usually near the end of the game (often right as it says victory or defeat). The game thinks I've only played for 23 minutes, rather than the few hours I've put in. Seems good but I can't really be putting up with getting booted so often.

Well that's shit. If you are having some fun I would say it's well worth trying again when it's fixed. They're having a proper nightmare with this launch.

I tried loading up on PC with a couple of friends and and we've had to call it off for tonight. Can't even load into a game due to errors.
  • EU servers are completely shot right now following maintenance.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yah, it's not working at all now.
  • I've only had the odd problem but overall it's been solid. Haven't played in about 5/6 years when I played nightly till far too late with stormy and a few others on the PS4. On Series S now. Been playing for two days and it's just as great to play as it alway was. Speaking as a casual of course. Forgot how much I loved DVA. If any badgers fancy teaming up at any point....
    Peter3C
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Feck off.
  • pc71 wrote:
    I've only had the odd problem but overall it's been solid. Haven't played in about 5/6 years when I played nightly till far too late with stormy and a few others on the PS4. On Series S now. Been playing for two days and it's just as great to play as it alway was. Speaking as a casual of course. Forgot how much I loved DVA. If any badgers fancy teaming up at any point....

I remember playing with you back in 2016 with that crew. If you catch me on in the evenings after 9ish, I'm up for a game.

Ah, just seen your are on Series S, but cross-play is supported. I played a while back with a mate on PC. What's your Battlenet ID?
  • No idea but I'll look for it and get back to you!
    Peter3C
  • Would be great to get some games in, guys. My Battlenet ID is Stormy#22869 for crossplay, I'm on PC and PS5.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!