Podcasts
  • Hit 10000 downloads during the week.
    Downloads have taken a massive jump recently which I'm delighted about.
    Any support would be gratefully recieved.
    Www.werenotwizards.com

Been downloading and listening. Not always my particular area of interest (depending on the guest), but it's a decent listen and I'm always happy to see a new one come up - chuffed that it seems to be paying off for you. Congrats.
  • Excellent stuff Rev.
  • Thank you Cinty and Dante
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Revisionist history is back and great.

The ad at the start for the make up is incredible in its shitness, but otherwise, it's great.

Oh god, that advert is so bad it's good.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Also, congratulations rev, that's great news.
  • Thanks Goobs. I appreciate that.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I just got home. I don't know what's going on, who is where or what's going on. I am dunno etc.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    An Irish folk myth to explain drunken crop circles.
  • Facewon wrote:

Also, mentioned it earlier. 20,000hrz continues to be amazing. Last ep was about forensic audio. Fascinating.

Latest about sound underwater. Even more fascinatinger.

Get in.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Irishman Abroad podcast got tiring as it filled up with mostly unknown sportspeople, etc but the most recent one is with Bob Gedolf, and is worth a listen.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm way behind on that, last one I listened to was the jockey who got his head stove in. Then they had a literal child on, guess I'll skip through to Bob then
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Geldof,what a prick. Should be locked in a room with Bono.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I quite like Geldof. He says a lot of shit things but I always get the feeling he's doing what he actually believes in, not just posturing like that Bono cunt. Plus, he achieved monumental stuff with Live Aid etc. Can't really fault that.
  • In an era of obvious neoliberal implosion he definitely doesn't sound like a crier of wolf, at very least.
  • So...

AC Jimbo has left The Guardian (alongside producer Ben), it seems. Hope that's not true - Football Weekly is one of my favourite pods. :(
  • So, after several amazing arcs it seems like The Adventure Zone has shat the bed pretty comprehensively. I'll stick it out since we're now at the finale - but the slightly railroady (yet still cool) D&D campaign has now turned into the DM telling his own story and the other players just going along with it.

There was a prequel arc which removed a lot of agency and that was ok, it made sense for some agency to be lost, but it's now evident that Griffin McEllroy has this super amazing story all worked out and doesn't even make any effort to try and let the PCs decide what to do. A spectacularly quick decline.

I feel bad for recommending it so strongly before, now.
  • Which arc is this? Weirdly I've seen people praise it more, recently. I stopped on the train cos I am a bad pod boi.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Which arc is this? Weirdly I've seen people praise it more, recently. I stopped on the train cos I am a bad pod boi.

Story and Song - Finale.

The train was a good arc, but it got crazy good after that for several arcs.
  • I kinda started going off it slightly when it got all:
    Spoiler:

It's still pretty great though and I'm listening. ;-)
  • So, after several amazing arcs it seems like The Adventure Zone has shat the bed pretty comprehensively. I'll stick it out since we're now at the finale - but the slightly railroady (yet still cool) D&D campaign has now turned into the DM telling his own story and the other players just going along with it.

There was a prequel arc which removed a lot of agency and that was ok, it made sense for some agency to be lost, but it's now evident that Griffin McEllroy has this super amazing story all worked out and doesn't even make any effort to try and let the PCs decide what to do. A spectacularly quick decline.

I'm still only on episode 38 so I'm good for now. Saw him tweeting about the latest episode and how much great feedback he was getting. It's a bit shit if he's fucked it though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Speaking of McElroy I'm going to miss CoolGamesInc, it was a hoot.
  • Rest in peace, Softboy culture

I don't agree that it's terrible now, but yeah it's become less about the players recently which is a shame. It's not really a dnd podcast anymore.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Brooks wrote:
    Speaking of McElroy I'm going to miss CoolGamesInc, it was a hoot.
    Tempy wrote:
    Rest in peace, Softboy culture

What happened? Saw lots of tweets around the subject but nothing direct
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The co-host was caught being a sex pest with fans or something. Whatever the details, guy is toast.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nick Robinson's, softboy in chief at Polygon made a shitty tweet about the Switch port of Overcooked, leading to people subtweeting him about his creepyness on women, which led to more people saying "yeah this s a thing" and apparently he's a real sleazeball who uses his position to try to get nudes out of girls.
    McElroys are furious, Ben Pack and Matt Kessler (from Giant bomb (well, pack is, Kessler interned there - so did Robinson)) have cut ties with him on their poddo and he's now been suspended pending Investigation from Polygon. Seems there's real merit to allegations.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Nintendo Defense Force on prime form.

Latest Crate & Crowbar is nearly 3 1/2 hours. Ugh.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Only just realised RPS have their own poddo now. Electronic Wireless Show.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Nintendo Defense Force on prime form.

Latest Crate & Crowbar is nearly 3 1/2 hours. Ugh.

It's good though, they do 10 questions at the end and are very drunk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!