Monster Hunter
  • Just rebought this. Shinies have me moist.

Nice!

Thanks to @Nina for the hunts. Was a little rusty and probably careless with the Lance poking but it’s good to be back in this game. Looking forward to more violent research in the near future.
  • Just rebought this. Shinies have me moist.

J0PzVxH.jpg

For page turn.
  • DS needs to sort out that armour sharpish, though - this ain’t Dark Souls, bruv.

Fluffy hat. Giant skirt made of bones. Trousers that sparkle. *chefs kiss*
  • Hey Nina - just saw you come on - gonna make a late lunch and try and get on after.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hey, yeah, just saw you log off! Enjoy that lunch, I'm not sure how long I'll stick around for tonight. Good season earlier though!
  • Good hunts. Thanks for the help.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Two-year anniversary appreciation festival is on.  Guild palace gear is nice but really I'm here for the chicken drumstick hammer.

roadmap_en.jpg
  • The armour set ain’t bad either, at least for early MR content. Got a couple of pieces and they’re serving me well.
  • Have a hammer setup now that maxes out KO, Drain and Sleep (the hammer itself is a sleep one) plus maxed part breaker and 30% extra affinity on a slide for spiny downhill hammer action.

Took it for a test run against Swordtail Boi. Felt bad by the end. Dude got bullied hard.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is there any point in getting the DLC straight away or wait till end game?
  • Is there any point in getting the DLC straight away or wait till end game?

It’s not accessible until you’ve done the base game, so feel free to hold off.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Dubs, tell me more about this chicken drumstick. What do I need for it?

@Cinty, Swordtail Boi ehh, sounds like you've caught up to me already! What are your next objectives?
  • Nina wrote:
    @Dubs, tell me more about this chicken drumstick. What do I need for it?

@Cinty, Swordtail Boi ehh, sounds like you've caught up to me already! What are your next objectives?
    Spoiler:

Spoilered in case people don’t wanna know monsters.
  • Angry Cat Boi gear looks fantastic for a bow. Might have to find a good investigation with him in it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yup, you're at the same point as me. Didn't want to spoil it for you when Tigrex unlocked last night, but now you know! He should be fun with the hammer.
  • :D

In other news World + Iceborne has hit around 15 million units and now represents 25% of the total series sales. That’s insane. Chuffed the game has done so well.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is there any point in getting the DLC straight away or wait till end game?

It’s not accessible until you’ve done the base game, so feel free to hold off.

Sound, will do. Cheers

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just scrolling through my Twitter again and I noticed Iceborne PC is on sale on one of the platforms. This will happen quite often, if it's gonna be the same as World, so that would be another reason to wait @DS, just buy it once you reach end game and it's a good price.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Drumstick hammer is from the event quest "Beef is Never a Mi-steak".  You need to be MR16 which I guess means finishing Iceborne's story.

Extra crowd control is always welcome for Tigrex, anything to stop him charging.  Poor guy doesn't have any other moves but he makes up for it with some simply unreasonable hitboxes.
  • Tigrex doesn’t need any other moves. Dude is an all-timer.
  • Dubs wrote:
    some simply unreasonable hitboxes.

I thought you were joking. Jesus. There’s some flangers but that palm push...
  • And I know dodgy hit boxes for Tigrex ain’t a new thing, but given how good the hit boxes have been for pretty much every other monster I thought they’d deal with Tigrex. Seems not. Armpits still deadly. 10 / 10 still Tigrex.
  • Getting lectured last night by some folk about Master mode in World, like I wasn’t G-3 in MH4U, like I didn’t put 500 hours into that bastard game, like I didn’t stay up until 5am helping people clear Dalamadur, like I didn’t have so all that on 3DS with that horrific add on pad. I was there in the shit. “Stuff kills you in two hits” haha, fuck you greenhorns! Come back when G rank Seregios was your mountain to climb for that first sweet set of G rank armour. Fucking 100 hours in World, and you step to ME?! ME!!!
  • Trying to tell me Rajang is really hard i wu

Cry into your temporal mantles! Oh we dreeeeaaaamed of mantles in 4U, but no all we had was roll and dive! The liberty of it!

I don’t know why this game does this to me
  • Perhaps, perhaps.

Much to think about.
  • Don’t think too hard, you got monsters to research.
  • Was expecting more of a Cinty dressing down on this. A real intellectual kneecapping of my misplaced frustration.
  • Why would I dress you down, bud? I have to stop myself from “teaching” stuff all the time, as there’s people with far more hours in the series than me. Can imagine being on the end of that would be annoying.

We’re all human.
    Spoiler:
  • Why would I dress you down, bud? I have to stop myself from “teaching” stuff all the time, as there’s people with far more hours in the series than me. Can imagine being on the end of that would be annoying.

We’re all human.
    Spoiler:

I think I still do pal it was unplayed.
    (your spoiler)
    I also have the psp version on psn account, only stopped playing as I was playing it on vita and left stick hovers up meaning vita don't work at all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!