Monster Hunter
  • Dubs wrote:
    I'd take stuff like Luna's aura, power-ups and supernova over simple damage and speed upgrades. 

Yet Luna has the speed upgrade and damage boost, while having a hard to hit weakspot.  Plus the aoe crap and random supernovas.  Cheap monster.

Can't wait to see Narga again.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    She can be countered and predicted.  The supernova's not random and you can even trigger it yourself with a flash bomb.  Feels like she's designed to negate the temporal mantle, as much as that is possible, and setting the ground on fire seems like a good way to go about it.  Ecliptic meteor's pretty great, too.

Saw Narga but didn't fight him.
  • Is the beta event different to that of last weekend?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Supernova seems random to me as she can do another one within minutes.  Maybe there is a tell.
    I know about flashbombs but stopped bothering when she just does another one soon after.

I love World but the mantles are by far the worst addition.  Here's an easier game and we are going to have auto evade, or allow you to tank hits, ffs.  I like the flare things, e.g. healing, removing status, etc. The healing is useful for a Luna supernova (if you plant it in time).

I also hate Luna's tail.  It's got a stupid hitbox and she can catch you up, turn, and hit you with it, even when you are sprinting away.  Just an annoying monster and totally out of keeping with the mostly sensible rest of them.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Is the beta event different to that of last weekend?

Narga has been added, but the Desire Sensor is high!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I keep thinking I should try World on PC. Is cross-platform a thing, or is it segregated, like a bus in 1950s Alabama? #topicalhumour
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No cross play. It is 60fps though, but quite a demanding beast all told. Don’t think it’s using the RE engine which is surprisingly good.
  • PC build also lets you mod a bunch of shit, including HP/DPS display which can be right handy when spec'ing new tools and gear.
  • The PC version is best version.

The only downside is that it is behind consoles on content releases.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ah, dang. The PC version sounds tempting. I can deal with content delays, but lack of cross play means I wouldn't be able to play with my brother. Back to the drawing board.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Cross play would be the dream.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Free Attack decoration alert!  You get it as a login bonus.

D_t1AcFXsAE1LuK.jpg

They're also running all the festivals back to back from the 26th.
  • Just realised earlier this week that that you can get this on Game Pass. My son is now absolutely obsessed with it and to my eyes it looks like great fun. Is the hunting all there is to it?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Pretty much, plus associated gear rabbit holes lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh, I still can get that attack gem!

I haven't followed the Iceborne hype, because I haven't been really feeling it yet. Was looking to pre order the game, but if you already own the original, you can only upgrade digital? I'm a bit confused by all the editions out there.
  • I guess so. That's what I will be doing.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm I see, I kinda wanted a case, as I got one for the base game. Ah well, I really should start looking up the trailers etc, and generate some hype for this. Doesn't help that we'll be away for two weeks when this is out.

Generations Ultimate is still a weekly thing, we might have done our last village quest (but who knows, new ones keep coming every once in a while). I really hate hyper khezu.
    Unlocked the G5 quest for Crystal beard, and I'm scared, I'm gonna be proper annoyed if we can't do the EX crystal, I just want my Gundam transmog.
    Haven't looked at the deviant Diablos yet, but he's unlocked for the both of us.
    I'm trying to get the lance up to 100 uses but having trouble with it, I can't get in a proper rhythm. It's so much better in World.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Zinogre has been announced for Iceborne people, why was this thread on the 3rd page?
  • A classic.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    The beta is on now until Sunday on PS4, Monday to Thursday on Bone.  Includes new ice dragon Velkhana.  Wasn't going to bother as I played around with all the weapons in the last beta but here I am adding it to my download queue.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Is the hunting all there is to it?

Yes. Think of it as the best and longest boss rush mode in gaming. (By "it" I mean MH in general, rather than World specifically.)
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Uh oh...

I love/hate this thing.  Mainly because it was hard to bop his head without getting pulped.  Hopefully this means we'll get Congalala and the other monkey skeletons.  I'd love to see Hermitaur, Seltas Queen and Zamtrios but I guess they're unique skeletons and therefore less likely to appear.

Not long now.  There's a 35GB update to download btw.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah that was a good surprise.

So who's playing then? I'm expecting dubs and ayns to be on it, Curtis maybe? Anyone else?

I'm holding off for a bit, not feeling hype, being away for two weeks from Sunday and destiny being f2p when I'm back makes me hold my $50,- a bit longer. (also, I need to stock up on Dutch liquorice).

Never thought I'd say this about a new MH release. Feeling kinda sad.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm on holiday all this month. I'll be jumping in early October.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I'll likely be tooting away in the squad session for the next few months.  

Loving it so far though the weapon designs aren't as distinctive as I'd hoped, maybe that'll change once I get further up the tree.  There's some very silly headgear which is making the cut-scenes 100% better.

Going to get myself a Master Rank set today.  The skills aren't too great on them but I want to tinker with the new decorations and change out of my Santa outfit.  It doesn't feel right sticking to mixed Behemoth sets when there's all this new stuff to wear.
  • I'm not bothering yet either. I'll get there at some point no doubt.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Good to hear you're enjoying it Dubs, did you see ebony odogaron already? Heard he can be a wall.
    ayns wrote:
    I'm not bothering yet either. I'll get there at some point no doubt.
    I'm even considering waiting for the first discount, think with World that didn't take too long.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    No I've not fought Odog yet, last one I did was Barioth before going off to gear up and unlock stuff.  The variant monsters have been fun so far, except for one which I kind of ruined by making myself immune to its gimmick.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I’ve got Iceborne, though because I took my sweet time with the original game (only playing when a friend could), I can’t actually play the new content yet (got some elder dragons to deal with first I believe). Weapon changes and clutch claw are cool though.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I was really hoping that master rank weapons would have unique designs but it's the same as the base game where a lot of them share a model.  GaijinHunter says that most paths ending at Rarity 10 will not have their own design which is right for the weapons I can see.  I'm pretty disappointed as this was one of my few problems with World.  
    No silly hunting horns. :(

Loving the actual fights and everything else.  Fought black dog and he's not too different from red dog tbh.  Had more fun with the monster you unlock alongside him:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!