myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Swirl, yeah I wouldn't mind waking up earlier but 4 am is right between waking up really early or staying up just a bit too late.

We'll figure out how we'll go about it once you're settled as well I guess.

Haven't had time to look into the new MHW stuff, do you need PSN to get the new quests? Mine ran out couple weeks ago.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Isn't it a guaranteed Attack Gem for that Witcher quest?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Yes if you complete the two sidequests*.  Make sure you take the lifepowders out of the supply box and forage some blue mushrooms and godbugs to make more.

*Correction: you just have to
    Spoiler:
  • Beat the Ancient Leshen a couple of times - tough fight. Got enough to upgrade the Witcher sword and shield or make the R8 dual blades.

Whilst deciding I elected to smash my head against Arch Tempered Xeno'jiva. Not fought him before, but there's a fair stack of hp to whittle away in 30 min.

Went full support light bowgun each time. Cuz randos.

Overall, been a cool Appreciation Festival.

3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Any advice? I've just started this and unlocked the area after Wildspire - what should I really be focussing on? Ploughing on with the story, optional missions or assignments and grinding for upgrades?
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Been a while since I played World, but usually it's a combination of doing the story quests and optional quests (they can unlock things although I forgot what). Focus on upgrading gear when you've hit a wall in difficulty.

I completely missed the Appreciation Festival, do you have everything the game offers by now @ayns? Like all the event armours etc?
  • I've got pretty much everything on PS4 @Nina. The only thing I haven't beaten is extreme Behemoth as it requires team co-ordination unless you have a group with clusters. I think you get a title and FFXIV Guild card back, so it would be sweet to have.

The Ancient Leshen fight is similar in that it needs co-ordination but I've beaten it a few times with randos. Got enough to make either the Witcher SnS or dual blades. Both look cool.

750 hours in and it still feels fresh. Spent about 3 hours sorting out my longsword and lbg sets last night lol. The Appreciation Fest was great, nice chance to catch up. Missing a few layered sets, but that's it.

@TOMH just do what you think is fun. It all benefits you in the long run. It's not really a story based game, just a means to get you to end game and more bad beasties. Experiment with the weapons and stick with the one you enjoy the most to get through low rank. I remember the first wall being Anjanath, so you could upgrade your armour for that
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice, part of me wishes I'd keep up with the game. Maybe after I finish Horizon (and probably Hellblade) I'll pick up Plus again and will see what's going on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Iceborne update hopefully this Thursday. Capcom is gonna announce something MH related.

Also bumping because I saw @ayns in other threads, if you ever want to jump into our Monday sessions you're free to do so! (Actually, Swirl can't play because of timezones and we're struggling with g4 hyper Zinogre)
  • See what I can do @nina

Not played any MH for a few months, but GU is timeless!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Don't feel like you need to! There's still loads that we want to do, but we're struggling a bit with the village key quests in G4. Managed Brachy last Monday, but Zinogre is just brutal. Amazing hunt though.
  • Not at all, would be cool to play with you all again.

I will just be a bit rusty. Will have to remember the horn combo notes lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm sure that'll come back quickly!

Apart from doing the g4 village key quests we're also working our way to bloody Diablos. Have done nightcloak for the both of us and one rustrazor last time. So there's some fun to be had still! You remember what your progress is on the deviants?

I've decided I want the crystalbeard as my transmog armor, so I've got a long way to go with that one! Am still only hr77 so won't be for a while before I can actually do it.
  • I've definitely not unlocked bloodbath Diablos. I saw Gaijinhunter post stuff but not sure what the unlock criteria is. Just did many random deviant fights for gear I liked. Misu, Owl and others but there was no pattern involved lol

Sounds cool.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm going by what Matt told me, doing each level 1 deviant quest. That should apparently unlock bloodbath.

Jumped online in a random Ahtal-Ka room last night, second hunt gave me 3 gems. I'm probably cursed now and won't ever get any more. Sigh.
  • Returned to this after a few months away and had a laugh with the giant Jagras.  That thing hits hard.  Even my impenetrable lance of ultimate defence was useless against the claw slam.

Even Jho doesn't fuck with him.

Plenty of jewels to collect though.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Same, just bought on PC. Although I don't think it runs as nicely on my rig as the X version. Was surprised to learn that PC players will have to wait a substantial time again for the expansion. Ouch :/
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Matt Lees' bit about Monster Hunter in the latest Cool Ghosts resonated strongly.  Very fond memories of carving my own route through the loot in 4U and Gen and often forgetting why I wanted the thing in the first place.

Starts at 14:20.
  • That crazy little cactus guy in the Wildspire Wastes is ace.  Need to try and catch one.
  • My word, keeping puke puke alive in the Witcher Quest is trying.

Exactly like playing an srpg when you have to try and save a character that is intent of getting into as much trouble as possible.

Took me 5 attempts. Not touching that quest again.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Apparently this is full of hype (haven't watched it yet)

Capcom has been dropping short videos about weapon changes as well, think gaijin hunter covered all of them on his channel, there's some good stuff coming later this year!
  • Hope he’s tough again. Kind of lost his crown since MHFU.

By tough I don’t mean the tedious, gimmicky bs of Lunastra. And don’t have that silly looking back over his shoulder before charging from 4U. Not manly at all.

Going to watch video now.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Iceborne Beta coming to ps4

Get a taste of the wintry Hoarfrost Reach with the #Iceborne Betas on PS4!

PS Plus members play June 21-23.
    All PS4 players hunt on June 28-30.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Will give it a go.  Iceborne is £35 on PSN which seems very steep.  Can't they see that I only have £18 on my account?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its not steep. It has more content than the base game.
  • Will be there Day One.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    Its not steep. It has more content than the base game.

Am ambivalent.  I know I'll buy it and it'll be worth my money but it's almost the price of a new game in which everything is new, not just whatever is classed as "content".  Logical brain says that the base game was a bargain, that all of those other games look rubbish anyway and that I've been spoiled by MH4U and MHGenerous.  Hope they release more solid info soon, anyway.  Literally all I need is one silly hunting horn.
  • I want the soapy horn.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Hope he’s tough again. Kind of lost his crown since MHFU. By tough I don’t mean the tedious, gimmicky bs of Lunastra. And don’t have that silly looking back over his shoulder before charging from 4U. Not manly at all. Going to watch video now.

I'd take stuff like Luna's aura, power-ups and supernova over simple damage and speed upgrades.  Unique gimmicks should mean unique tactics.  Anything to force a switch from maximum affinity and Attack Boost.  Like how water weapons douse the flames she leaves on the ground, it's a nice idea and people might actually use it if she wasn't resistant to water, d'oh.  I can only see there being more auras+AoE stuff in Iceborne to counter the clutch claw.  Not that the devs seem too interested in making a tough game, it's not what World is for.

Tigger's only 4* in the beta so doesn't provide too much resistance if you've fought him before.  He does the run, he does the spin, apparently his damaging roar is still there but has a teeny tiny hitbox so I didn't notice it.  Good fun though, all the weapons feel really powerful but long sword is going to be everywhere with its infinite spirit combos.  Even more everywhere than before.  Best dig out your Flinch Free decorations.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Just a reminder that the open beta starts today.  You don't need to own World or PS+ to play.

Narga has been spotted.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!