Monster Hunter
  • Shame, Swirl. Do you get on at other times? Happy to hunt in the week.

Brooks, what do you think of the fight itself? Randos aside lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • It's fine, though the linearity is a bit underwhelming.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Shame, Swirl. Do you get on at other times?

Up until last week things were hunky-dory. Nina pointed out that last week there was a firmware update that I didn't have, that was probably why I couldn't connect at all for the last hunt. Last night, I've no idea what happened. Matt said it seems that once I get disconnected my Switch throws a hissy fit and I can't get back on.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Also happy to come online for a hunt or two during other weekdays, I just can't make a big session out of it and need to try to keep it at an hour max.

Matt and I did our last G3 key yesterday after you left @ayns, so that means Valstrax is unlocked. Not sure how that will go with current armour, some of the G3 quests are pretty close. I've got two Barioth pieces, so still a bit to go. I've tried searching for him specifically but never get any hub in the search, maybe I should help people with G3 keys and hope to get it that way.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Also happy to come online for a hunt or two during other weekdays, I just can't make a big session out of it and need to try to keep it at an hour max.

Noted. I'm too old for four hour plus MH marathons like me and Matt used to do in MHTri.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    For me it's that I'm starting at 12.30pm, so just after lunch. I'll allow myself a long session on Monday's, but I don't want to make a habit of doing it every weekday.
  • Cool.  I'm happy with Mondays.  If I see anyone on in the week then I'll jump in.
  • My turn for the DC shenanigans this week
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You trying to get back in?
  • Couldn't get back in.  Weird.

I haven't been trying for 2 days tho lol
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    I haven't been trying for 2 days tho lol

Lacking dedication. You're out of the group.
  • If I buff with drugs am I back in?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yes. Yes you are.

trainspotting.gif
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    In other news, I'm probably being really stupid, but how do you change the arts that you're using? I've been using the same two since I started. I talk to the arts guy in the main village (the "close your eyes" chap who teaches you new ones) and as far as I can tell he only lets you check the ones you have, not actually equip different ones. I've got some arts that are level III, I've not even used the level I versions yet!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I keep forgetting that too, is it maybe at the board where you also switch palico? Or your item box, could also be your items box somewhere.

It's even worse when you switch weapons, because I don't think it saves the art with the equipment if you save sets.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ah, the board inside your house? I'll try that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I think it might be the item box though, had a quick google (but only read whatever google showed me, not clicked on any actual links).
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Anyone about this weekend? Starting now. I'm pretty much the same place progress wise in Village and online (Gore Magala etc).

I'm pure Palico but if we hook up i can switch to Hunter so i can gift these gaijinhunter cats i have.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What time in the weekend are you thinking of going online? I could try an be there for an hour or so. Probably not on Saturday as I need to get some Splatfest wins in.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Anytime that suits everyone involved. Not easy to organise given the different time zones. But i need an excuse to get back into it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm usually awake from 4-5pm UK time onwards. I'm happy to jump in when others are available for an hour or so, I'm expecting to be doing stuff at home so can take a break from that a bit.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    At the weekend that sounds like a perfect time of day for me. 

I've been thinking about going back to MHW, but after playing Palico for 50 hours its a harsh transition. That said its been a while and i do need to ween myself back onto MHGU. 

I'm away on holiday again for the entire month of January, so i'm sure i'll play it then, but co-op with friends is soooooo much better.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll try to be there around that time then. It's 8 - 9am for me, and usually I'm awake by then and I like Sunday mornings with a game and coffee, but there's always a chance I'll sleep longer.

Haven't been able to get into World myself either, I tried with the Arch tempered monsters but they're a waste of resources with randoms and I don't like solo-ing them. Not sure what else to do apart from grinding for decorations.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I loved the late night sessions me, you & Mike had on MHW, but that game has run its course until they add some heavyweight DLC next year (we hope).

MHGU is as good as it gets with regards to volume of content. And i'm so glad i started fresh. No save transfer. And i'm also glad i stuck with Prowler despite the first 10 hours being pure frustration. But now that i get it, its honestly the most fun i've had with any "weapon" in the series. 

Prowler might be sneered upon in some circles, as a "toned down" version of the core game (no stamina worries, no health potions, no desire sensor for all the rarest drops), but i look at it as a breath of fresh air.

You could also argue that its MonHun distilled down to its purest form - 1 on 1 combat with you and a pissed off beast 10-20 times your size! Who comes out on top is all about skill and know-how. 

Very few games these days reward smart and learned play.
  • I am planning to be on the Switch this afternoon, so will hop in if hunts are happening.

Equipment sets do save your Arts too - v useful.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Equipment sets do save your Arts too - v useful.

I'll have to remember that, I tried out some new Arts (turns out Nina was right - cheers!), and I switched gear and lost my new skills.
  • Scored the Buster Water gunlance off Katie, which would seem to be basically the best GL around for a simple and cowardly poke'n'shoot style of play. I will see what I can do with this.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Woke up a little later, making coffee now. Let me know if someone is online and I'll jump on for a bit.
  • Might not be on tonight. This has nothing to do with Pokemon.

No, nothing at all.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wrong sort of monsters, innit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!