Monster Hunter
  • Nina, happy to jump in with Arch Tempered Vaal either on lance or support LBG if needed.

Nice one Curtis!

Presuming mobile MHS is full fat version?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That'd be ace, guess it would be best to pick a time next week?

I actually also need the other y sets, but feel like I should just focus on getting one first. I know it's supposed to be easier in so, but that just feels like a slog, could always try that again. Got him one (and that is also my only arch tempered kill I think, maybe a Kirin once).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What was your armour set for Arch Tempered monsters? I went with one Arrekz had in one of the mix set Monday videos, but it's not working for me I think. It's based on peak performance and all health recovery tricks.

Think I need to make more of a tank set, both effluvia resistances, large health bar, divine blessing, maybe evade window.

Tried it solo but failed, couldn't concentrate. Decided to put up a tempered Vaal investigation, get 3 type quickly. One that stays in camp, one that is decent and one that dies 3 times, almost never healing when needed.
    Decided to hit some tempered Pukei's for money instead.
    Did one more tempered Vaal to end the session, got some better team mates this time. Killed it good.
  • For solo I used 4 pieces of Vaal beta and a Girros Coil beta with Perdition's Hand lance.

For group, most probably support LBG with rapid fire flame ammo.

You're on a roll now! Available Monday or Tuesday.
  • ...and the next few hours by the looks of it.  Time zones tho lol
  • Woo, just booted up the PS4 version again.  After waiting 4hrs for the game to load, I then had to put up with a truly crap framerate.  Did a quick expidition to Wildspire Waste (another 4hr wait) and as well as the lower resolution there seemed to be less scenery compared to the PC version.

PC version, even with the few issues it still has, is still 300% better for 99% of the time.
  • Yes. But so much progress made on PS4!

Love PC version but lacking motivation to replay.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    For solo I used 4 pieces of Vaal beta and a Girros Coil beta with Perdition's Hand lance.

For group, most probably support LBG with rapid fire flame ammo.

You're on a roll now! Available Monday or Tuesday.
    Wouldn't really call it a roll... More annoyed that I don't have those new pieces of armour. I was looking at my tempered quests yesterday, for some money making quests and it's just all the same. It's either elder dragons (I don't want to solo those and online is hit and miss), multi monster quests with always a Bagel or the lowest rank tempered quests with a Pukei. Now I do still need a large crown for Pukei, but looking at the quests lists there's just no real draw to them.

Hm, I'll try your solo set up, I had the Eyepatch, 3 pieces of Vaal and Empress legs. Sword and Shield probably isn't the best for it. Does guard 5 help with the lance against arch tempered monsters?

I'm up for some games on Tuesday!

@mrsmr2 are you running the game on a high spec pc? And did you have a ps4 pro? I'm playing with the idea of getting it on pc once it's 60% off or something, just not sure how the laptop would take it. Better loading sounds great though, it's bad on the Pro.
  • I have a i5 3570k and 970.  Medium spec at best.  Not sure of the PC settings but not maxed.  I have a base PS4.

And, after 200 hrs on PS4 and 100 on PC, I've finally used the cat for expeditions!  I was fed up with the messages that pop up at that start that obviously require the cat to follow up so I thought I'd see what happens.  And, I was quite charmed by the grimalkyne quests so the cat no longer stays at camp (for expeditions).  And, he healed me when fighting Jho - easy life.

Managed to unlock the final 4* optional ques as well.
  • Ayns, I'm not much behind where I was on the PS4 even with half the play time.  I didn't get to the tempered elder farming for the augments.
  • Guard 5 is not necessary but Guard Up is pretty sweet as you can block the aoe cloud.

I will play PC, just not playing World as much as GU currently. Will get that Longsword though MrsMr. Rocket GSword out now/soon on PC?
  • HR49 so that means everybody's favourite - Tempered Kirin.  yippee :-(
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I have a i5 3570k and 970.  Medium spec at best.  Not sure of the PC settings but not maxed.  I have a base PS4.
    That's not too different from my laptop. B says it's an i7 and 960. Will keep an eye out for steam deals, don't think I'm gonna renew plus and better loading sounds good. Hopefully by that time they added all the extra content too.

Been busy today working my way through high rank SP quests, unlocked 9*. Been doing most of that as prowler, which is actually a lot of fun. Got a couple that I'm tweaking the moves off in the dojo, quite nice how you can customize them.

• I've also got in installed on a SSD so it's not a fair comparison to the PS4.  I suspect it will still load substantially faster even on a mechanical drive.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    My laptop also has a SSD according to B.

In more prowler news, it took my 40+ minutes to take out Zinogre last night. Was the first time trying that prowler, and I guess level was a bit too low, but it was exciting to see the "10 minutes left" message again. Had to be very careful on that one.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Prowler you say? ;)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yep, although I've switched to hunter again for the 9* quests.

Will use prowler for the Monday online sessions and do the 7* and 8* with them, I need to level them up more and relearn skills etc. I don't have Gaijin's set, but am actually enjoying creating my own. They're fun to play, I like the mix between ranged and melee. Also I can't choose what weapon I want for my hunter, I've got the Insect Glaive now but feel like I want to use different weapons, I just don't know which one.
  • Managed to time out on Tempered Kirin.  But I did spend half the quest walking behind him gathering footprints to get the tempered elder investigations.
    Got him next time.

Then failed to tempered Jho, doh!
  • Tempeted Jho done and then, after three attempts, the crazy Tempered Azure and Pink in the arena quest.
  • Monday night GU?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yep, think Matt has set up a room. I seem to have some trouble logging in, don't know if that's because I just bought Switch online or not.

In SP GU news, I just beat Valstrax last night, he looks good!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @ayns, don't think I'll be around for World later, apparently I need to take the car to garage. I'll just try some solo lance later today I guess.

Matt and I managed to get to G2 yesterday, so if you're around next week we can do some G rank stuff if you're up for it. Week after that will be helping Swirl again, who I think can almost do the high rank hub quests?
  • I now have the rocksteady mantle for the first time. Wonderfully overpowered item.
  • I've got the demo for Android. Seems life-ruiningly risky.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Week after that will be helping Swirl again, who I think can almost do the high rank hub quests?

Thanks to rocking around with you lot I'm HR3 in record time, but I'm not sure how close that puts me to High Rank. But yeah, I'm not around on the 8th but I'll be back on the 15th.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • 110hrs, done all quests I can do so far - a handful of 9* optional quests yet to appear, and I finally get a miasma jewel.  This game!
  • So I think I've done everything in the PC version until I get the HR100 quest.

Do I need to farm Tempered Elder Dragons to get the weapon and armour augments now?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Not just Tempered Elder Dragons. The other Tempered quests will get you decent rewards too. Think the first tier (that requires you to be HR 13) isn't to useful, but the one that requires HR 30 can give good stuff.

Also, doesn't pc get the Harvest Festival today?
  • Ta.  Festival not there yet.

Got my first augment tonight - health regen on my lance.  Almost unfair.

Farmed Tempered Jho tonight before the event expires.  A rando joined me and carted three times so it was solo after that.  Can't laugh because I carted twice when joining an Jho SOS earlier.
  • All tempered  monsters are decent, but rewards are better as you go from HR13/30/50 monsters - not sure if the 13/30 quests have buffed rewards on PC yet as this was added in a later patch on PS4 - worth checking that out.

New events in GU this week include a particularly sweet looking Garo GS - G Rank BOTW Link gear too, I believe.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!