Monster Hunter
  • The cat armour sets are fantastic and made it the ghost set.

Had a look at supremacy blade requirements.  The dual Diablos quest is easy as you get a lance.  Urugaan and Radoban on the other hand, yuck.
  • Done Uru and Rad a couple of times now, not too bad solo.

Ayns, where are you?
  • Not played on PC since we did those Arena quests tbh. I'm about HR 100. Was going to pop into Harvest Festival and get the Rocket GS, but we'll see.

Did a bit of Arch Tempered Lunastra on PS4 yesterday.

Polishing off village quests in GU. Should be on Monday.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Made the blade myself.  Just need a Daora Horn for the armour piece with handicraft 2 to go with the 3 charm.
  • Made fancy Elder armour for tons of affinity and handicraft for the new sword. Tested it against Tempered Nergi a few times along with switch axe (using same armour build). Still much faster (and safer) using lance.

And the sharpness loss speed, wow.

Need to learn how to use long sword properly.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Did a bit of Arch Tempered Lunastra on PS4 yesterday.
    How's that one? Haven't looked into it yet as I was away the whole weekend. Really need to make an effort to get the y armour sets, otherwise I won't be ready when they might announce more good stuff. Or G-Rank.

Looking forward to GU later, was away the weekend on a motorcycle camping event and I fell so beat up right now, will be nice to relax with some Monster Hunting.
  • AT Lunastra is OK, just the aoe blue fire decimates groups if you're not ready. Beat it once, need 4 more lol

Got the Rocket sword tickets on PC over the weekend.

Hopefully be on GU tonight, but just got in from work a tad shattered.
  • Got a Protective Polish gem!  Still suck with LS though.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice! The gem that is.

After you left @ayns we decided to take on both our urgents, Lao (I see why you left now, Plesioth and Lao in one session is quite a thing). Did mine first and cleared that in exactly 35 minutes (which is the time cap). Still not sure if that was the game feeling sorry for us, or if it was actually that close. Second one wasn't that close luckily.

Good fun though. Wonder how my fully upgraded hr armour will hold up in G3 quests.
  • Protective polish can be a decent slot a times, cool.

Nice work on GU last night. I actually like the urgent fight. Repeated it a few times when I originally went through as the weapons are sweet.
  • Not being able to sleep last night, I had a look through this thread starting from the first page.
    Amazing to see the history since MH3U, the new players, those having played it for hours before, and to track progress or, conversely, see where people gave up and stopped posting.

Put me in the mood to run through a few versions this morning.

First up Portable 3rd on the Vita.  Nice and colourful and great being able to claw again.  The game is quite slow so clawing suits the pace of the game, with both hunter and monsters being slow but in a balanced way.  Tried Barroth with Switch Axe and took me ages to kill it.

Then MH3U on the 3DS.  That game is hyperactive.  Obviously the 60fps helps but the game plays at a much faster pace.  Barroth and Switch Axe again and it was so much more dynamic - almost too arcade-like.  Landscapes didn't have the character of P3rd (more washed out) and seemed a bit more barren but the clarity of it all was fantastic.  The amazing monster animation really shines through with fully organic, naturally moving monsters.

Then MH4U.  Instantly it looks crap on the original 3DS XL.  Rubbish textures and crayon colouring in.  Hunter movement is closer to P3rd than 3U and the dynamic feeling of 3U has gone.  That's fine but when fighting Congalala (no Barroth in this game), he instantly jumped back and hit me with a poison attack while I was still performing my 2nd hit with the Switch Axe.  Reminded me of my complaints at the time, hunter control is quite slow like the PSP versions but the monsters are now faster, and without the frames of animation, don't have the same balance as previous versions.  Very MHFU in that regard.  

Strangely, I probably preferred this approach and the need to concentrate more than the more polished and smooth 3U - but probably because 3U feels a little sanitised, not that I preferred 4U's clunkiness and approach.

Will try MHGU demo and see how that compares, and maybe Tri.

MHW is still the best - no paintballs needed :-)
  • We must have played original FU on PSP on the old forum? I have a feeling there was some chat about the original PlayStation 2 version too, but it's a tad cloudy tbh.

Wow, sweet recap. What a history! I still have all my versions and consoles.

Had a run on PS4 MHW today. Arch Tempered Lunastra set obtained. Even went back to a bit of Hunting Horn for old times sake. Very nice support set with strong wide range and earplugs. I slotted a load of evasion too. It's now my go to support. There's even room to use a Handicraft 3 charm if necessary.

GU is top notch. However, I was only in the mood for it after many hundreds of hours of World.
  • AT Luna - I didn't kill the normal one.  Will rectify that on PC, someday.

We did have a MH thread before and that would have been mostly FU, then Tri, and the odd bit of P3rd.  PS2 was before my MH birth.
  • Ayns, I've solo'd that quest now.  Died twice to Ura, one with a bounce then bomb combo, and another to an innocuous head bash - just a normal one, not even raged.  That was a surprise.  Azure was easy but Lava was a real pain with the mini Teos knocking me down, and I had to be super careful due to last life.
  • I actually failed a quest at last, by being a idiot against an otherwise pretty harmless Temp'd Pukei investigation. Didn't realise it had a one-cart limit and was trying to trigger the Fortify skill, derrrrrf.
  • yeah, yeah, failed intentionally ;-)
  • Yeah, I got one shot Ted by his chin last night. Was rolling, couldn't see where he was...then chingate lol

I need to make some good stuff on PC. Can't believe that I don't own a lance. Disgraceful.
  • No prizes for guessing who caused this spectacular death.

Reminiscent of Ripley at the end of Alien 3.
  • Not played much this week.

Popped on today to get the Arch Tempered Zorah set on PS4. A fun set that'll give you some support with a status weapon v niggley monsters lol. The actual fight is a bit dull tbh.

The Origin set is now available as layered armour too.
  • Actually completed the weekly bounties on both PS4 and PC over the weekend.

Mega Man Palico Event is available on PC too.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've been twinked up to HR5, but now the cracks are starting to show - I was repeatedly one shotted last night by the Silverwind Nargacuga. Time to grind up some better armour.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Enjoyable session, Swirl. Silverwind is definitely a step up. My Silverwind armour is only at level 1 so happy to farm him as much as you guys want.

I like the Deviant fights. Never played Generations enough to get stuck into them wholesale but it's cool going back in GU.

Was Nina playing healer cat? Phenomenal whoever it was lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't even have the Silverwind armour yet, I'm pretty sure I might need (the higher level) parts for weapon upgrades. Enjoying the deviants too, Matt and I did a couple, but none are maxed out yet.

Think you can upgrade the deviant armour well into g rank right? So might be worth trying to get the level 1 set for Swirl, then get him to HR7 so we can do the deviants past level 5.

And yeah, I was a healer cat. Haven't found a good setup yet (don't think I even have detox horn unlocked) but I enjoy playing around with them.

Matt and I did another G3 key after you left Ayns (Mitzu) so we have 3 left. I need to work on my Barioth X armour at some point, but can't find rooms for him.
  • Finally felt like taking on Vaal. I did it very drunk and managed to pwn anyway. The Miasma gems I'd managed to squeeze out some earlier monsters didn't hurt (was HR armour parts farming; I have all the armour now)
  • So that's HR100 and final quest done.

Tempered Kush is a dick.
  • Did last story quest tonight, at last and am now all of HR29 and facing the dreaded Temp Baz duo. Just in time for Kulve Taroth too, looks like. And it seems they've had a go at fixing the stuck textures, bless 'em.
  • Rocked Kulve yesterday on PC, but no R8 drops. Pretty sweet fight in vanilla armour. Think it's my fave fight overall. 4 players, debuffs and environmental strats - oh yeah!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    CURSE YOU INTERNET GREMLINS.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Numpty randos kept getting carted on me during my KT goes tonight. I can see trying to farm the good gunlances (a mere 5 of them, apparently) is to be a pisser.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!