Monster Hunter
  • We are.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Unlike dualblade spamlords who keep knocking me out my zone every fucking time. There's a special hell for them.
  • A giant glowing pickle nearly pwned me good today. How do these gigantic creatures still manage to sneak.
  • Bow users that spam the useless rock attack thing can burn in hell. Just setting up for a nice combo and then flinch,finch,flinch. Cheers bower.

I had loads of problems with lance (not just from bowers) on ps4 as you get flinched easily and that can then set you up to taking a hit as your guard advance is disrupted.

I find upswing on my switch axe very useful for ‘moving’ certain people. It’s funny to watch as well :-)

There is a skill to stop the flinching.
  • Yeah I'm researching that one.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of people have deeply resented my wyrmfire blasts and wide slash combos too, in fairness. Visibility around me is typically poor what with all the muzzle flare.

It's sort of funny that the studio elected to not lean on bullshit clipping in this one game design instance.

Should really see off the Pink Rath tonight, I doubt I'm going to be able to craft a more appropriate GL than the Kadachi+ for the task at this point, unless I want to trying farming Nergigante when the Zorah quest rolls round again, which I probably don't.

"Nergigante" is Spanish for "huge nerd" fyi
  • You are not far from nergi now anyway.

I don’t think you can farm the zorah fake one.
  • Probs just best to expect to get tripped with randos. I used to get bugged by it as a careful lance player. I'm a bit more laid back about it in MHW. If you've had enough get the longsword out and start whaling - very therapeutic.

It's one of the best things about a 4 player talking group, the co-operation is a thing of beauty.
  • Solo'd that Diablos.  And broke his horns, ha.

I let Bettlejuice fight him a few times so that probably helped.

And now I see I have an investigation with 77k reward!
  • Just transferred my 3DS MHGen save to my Switch. I cant remember how to play this  game at all, even though I'd previously spent 120+ hours on it!
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Finally into the Elder's map. I want more maps plz Capcom, you've been really fucking good at them this round.
  • Also I've realised I automatically buy new armour and weps for my cat long before me. My cat is fucking hench.
  • Apparently my cat has more defence than me.  No idea how because I've not spent a p/zenny on him and he just sits in the base camp all the time.  Maybe he needs it for when the (possibly) psycho quest lady beats him up when I'm questing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Quite happy with the map selection. Perhaps a full-blown blizzard map would be nice :) -- maybe at Christmas eh. Wildspire Wastes tops it though, great map that.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Apparently my cat has more defence than me.  No idea how because I've not spent a p/zenny on him and he just sits in the base camp all the time.  Maybe he needs it for when the (possibly) psycho quest lady beats him up when I'm questing.

Mine definitely has like twice my HP even when I'm maxed with potions and shit, and he's never been carted ever. Absolute unit.
  • SLEdge wrote:
    Just transferred my 3DS MHGen save to my Switch. I cant remember how to play this  game at all, even though I'd previously spent 120+ hours on it!

It comes back to you. 5 hours and it feels like second nature. Maybe start a new save to get back into it then go back when it feels sweet.

My palico has nothing in MHW PC lol

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Using cats is cheating anyway :P
  • Speedhaak wrote:

My man! You and me against the rest of em
  • ayns wrote:
    SLEdge wrote:
    Just transferred my 3DS MHGen save to my Switch. I cant remember how to play this  game at all, even though I'd previously spent 120+ hours on it!
    It comes back to you. 5 hours and it feels like second nature. Maybe start a new save to get back into it then go back when it feels sweet. My palico has nothing in MHW PC lol

You're right. I actually picked it up again faster than i had expected (it's the interface that is the confusing part), and managed to rank up to a massive HR7. If any weak ass hunters wanna team up, please feel free to add me.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:

My man! You and me against the rest of em

... and me o/

• I'm not keen on this rejection of cats.
  • I dressed mine as a Moogle on PS4 as punishment.
  • Cats are for cooking and fooling around.  For those purposes they are ace.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Cats are for cooking and fooling around.  For those purposes they are ace.

That sounds like you’re some sort of pervert who enjoys seasoning and grilling kittens
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kittens? That would be weird.  Give them a few years....
  • You prefer a tougher meat?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Speaking of cats being great, apparently the Jho weapon for them has 100% Affinity lol

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @ayns if you ever see me online on a Monday between 8:30 and 11pm, feel free to drop in. Password should be 3141. It's me and @Swirl's friend, hopefully Swirl in the future as well.
    I noticed you were playing today as well.

We just unlocked the G1* quests, so not that far yet. Gonna need you start thinking about armour again.
  • I'm not quite wise enough to arrest The Pickle solo, but in teams it's been fine. Trying to break its face specifically is fucking chore though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    @ayns if you ever see me online on a Monday between 8:30 and 11pm, feel free to drop in. Password should be 3141. It's me and @Swirl's friend, hopefully Swirl in the future as well. I noticed you were playing today as well. We just unlocked the G1* quests, so not that far yet. Gonna need you start thinking about armour again.

Seconded! I skipped this week's hunt as I'd been rejected for a job and wasn't in the huntin' mood. But usually, yeah, Monday Night Monster Hunter is go. The password is correct, but so far Matt (my long time hunting buddy, right back to MH Tri on Wii) has forgotten to set one, so you should be able to jump right in.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!