Monster Hunter
  • Tempy wrote:
    It could be nice to get a breather.

They have recently confirmed in an interview that World will be a foundation for future titles, but I hope the equivalent G rank stuff is an expansion rather than a new title.

We can hope (and it would be amazing if they did) but people buy the grank expansion games so there is nothing to stop them.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Back in the ultimate bullshit tomorrow
    LETS GO G RANK
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Ah The meta Ah

Efficient animal murder. Nice.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nice one, Wookie. I hit 3* G Rank today in GU it plays really well.

Extreme Behemoth breaks Guard Up in MHW with some of his moves. Dudes like Kulve Taroth can't break it but they can chip you to death if not careful. Power Guard FTW.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • ayns wrote:
    Extreme Behemoth breaks Guard Up in MHW with some of his moves.
    Ah ok, finally something that does.  Not that that matters for PCers at the moment.

How do you get chipped by Kulve?  I've stood in his mega lava stuff and been fine (have to keep moving to recover stamina though).
  • Spent an evening grinding and hit HR rank 2. Crafted a full set of upgraded Hermitaur armour and a pair of Duel Hatchets and feeling much stronger now.
    Loving this, can’t put it down
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I thought Kulve's lava chipped, maybe it doesn't with Guard 5? Perhaps it just sounds like it does. I tend to run HBG without a shield lol

Nice one, Wookie!
  • Yeah, it does plenty of hits so you have to creep forward otherwise you run out of stamina. But otherwise laughably safe if you have a lance.
  • Yay in HR now and everyone’s favourite gatecrasher is back. Oh how I have missed you ....
  • I actually quite like him now lol

Opened up the G4 urgent in GU. Took way too long farming up a set of Barioth gear, but it looks so good!
  • Yeah, I got used to dungball at the ready routine.

Although failed my first quest to kill him yesterday - ran out of time.  That was a bit of a surprise but I think I spent too long collecting materials and watching the numerous fights between him and the others.  Might go back to longsword for him as switch axe is too slow in axe mode (for reach) and sword mode doesn't reach but is faster.

Also failed Nergi three times.  Which is more expected as that bugger can one shot me at 150 health at the moment.
  • Upgraded armour and Bagel and Nergi are down.
  • Grats man. I'm more of a ranged guy v Baz, gotta love that lightning pierce all the way down him!

Unlocked that pesky HR restriction for the first time in GU yesterday too.
  • Finally bothered to open the HR quests myself.

I wish any of the armour sets were as cosmetically versatile and cool as Dork Souls's, seen no call to turn off the samurai skin at all so far.

How do people like their camera and camera rules set up btw? I think whatever I've got it on is mis-orienting me at crucial moments. I want to be auto-pivoting to hit monsters during combos, if that's possible.
  • Click right stick I think.  Gives you a lock on.  It will cycle through the different monsters on the map so you have to make sure you select the correct monster if you've accidentally clicked it again.

You can also change the left bumper/trigger (configuration dependent) to look at target whenever you press it.

I used the lock on option when originally playing on PS4 to get a feel for annoying things like Anjanath who can bite you from half the map away.  Useful for Odogaron as well.  But once I got familiar with their patterns I went back to manual camera control with the right stick.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The most imperative one is turn off the 'terrain auto-adjust' bullshit. Also get the Battle Cam set up to auto-centre on the monster when you press a button, and get used to using that button rather than analogue-sticking-it.
  • That helped, ta gents.

First Bazel invasion last night. Lol at the music change, lol even harder at the fact it managed to appear overhead suddenly in a cave??

One of these days 3D videogames will actually handle clipping objects with something like physical sense.
  • It wouldn't be MH if it didn't have epic clips.
  • I don't think that really makes it unique in its production class tho.
  • Having despatched Nergi yesterday and Teostra today, spent both nights farming said monsters with randos.

Nergi wasn't too bad but Teostra, blimey.  I think it was a 60% success rate.

Highlight was watching a dual blade user decide to take on Teostra as he was super-nova'ing.  He could have got away but no, he was taking Teostra with him.  Reminded me of Billy in Predator.
  • Poor Rando.

Can't get off GU, HR 50 and Deviant farming runs ahoy!
  • I'm not looking forward to my actual first mission failure. I can only suppose it hasn't happened yet because my prep is decent.
  • Val Doonican farming tonight with randos.  Randos are truly shit with old Val.

Pro Tip, when you've half health don't just stand there fighting head on as you will die.

Annoyingly I don't have any miasma jewels this run so he is annoying for me solo as well.

Online is really weird with this game.  I think if someone has a bad connection the game just slows down.  Fighting Tesotra last night and it was slow, someone died and it went back to normal speed. And there are odd timing glitches as well with attacks that hit you that seem miles away.
  • Is there ever a point to mounting? Seems like a lot of effort for fuck all damage.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Is there ever a point to mounting? Seems like a lot of effort for fuck all damage.

If you succeed you'll topple the monster.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You seem to knock off more parts too, there's nearly always something flying off during a rodeo. Dunno if it works on each hit having a percentage chance of a drop or something, you get loads of minor hits in while mounted.

You can also target specific parts (head, back, tail) easier if you need to break them for drops.
  • If you have a high output weapon it's very useful as the monster stays put.
    If you are in a team, then it's open season for a lot of damage in a short time.
    Allows you to focus on a body part that can be hard to hit normally, e.g. Val Doonican's tail.

If you play without a cat it increases your damage quite a lot as it gives you time to get decent combos off (something you can do often if you play with a cat).
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Is there ever a point to mounting? Seems like a lot of effort for fuck all damage.

Oppph, so many clever responses orbiting the grey matter. Must... resist.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!