Monster Hunter
  • I can’t decide wether to pop for Worlds PC or GU Switch.

I’m guessing the former is a little breezier
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm guessing World will show up in steam sales pretty soon, the ps4 game has been discounted a couple times already.

How much of Gen have you played and are you able to transfer the save? If you played a lot and can't transfer and don't want to redo, don't get GU.

World is good, the quality of life stuff is mostly great. Where it lacks is the endgame, hunting for armour sets, weapons and decorations isn't as much fun as it's in the other games.
  • I won't play the earlier versions after World.

Also, just unlocked first Kirin. That's going to be a challenge as I'm maining Switch Axe this time so lots of careful upswings for the majority of the fight I think.
  • Tried the extreme Behemoth fight today on PS4. Don't think I'm going to be able to SOS it lol

Went full support, but damn, everyone needs to be sharp!

@Swirl you transferring your Gen character?

@Tempy both good man. Makes me laugh that people say MHW is easy. Yeah, probably is. I do remember 4U vets saying the same about Gen with its easy mode arts. Both superb imo.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I don’t mean easy as in skill, just breezier cos it’s PC with lots of QoL shit rather than a ported 3DS game that’s still hiding behind Kiranico
  • My copy of Gen Ultimate arrived!
    I’m gonna transfer my Gen character across and see if I can get to G Rank.
    Probably sometime by 2020
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Got to Rotten Vale, which somehow manages to be most handsome shithole of any videogame to date. I don't even resent the toxic clouds much.
  • I'm taking my sweet fucking time though, I might be at 40 hours now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's where I stopped. Had my fill of it. Still hope to come back and see what the end game beasties are about but it's looking less likely as more time passes.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    ayns wrote:

@Swirl you transferring your Gen character?

Never played Gen. Lost my mojo with 4U, after sinking my life into Tri and 3U. World and GenU are both attempts to rekindle the fire; hopefully GenU is more successful than World.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's where I stopped. Had my fill of it. Still hope to come back and see what the end game beasties are about but it's looking less likely as more time passes.

This. World is good, it just lacks something I can't put my finger on to draw me back in.

Difficulty is a factor but not the whole story. I don't think any fight has hit the 5 minutes left marker. The end game fights in the MH3 games were always down to the wire. Heck, my brother, who never played MH before World, finished the story without having to do any fight more than twice or so. Me and my mate took a few weeks of trying to beat the Barroth in Tri. I can solo a Barroth in World in a handful of minutes with my low level scrub gear.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Lol Kirin. One shotted in my 31 defense starting armour. Diablos it is then.

Edit: diablos no easier. Rage horn sweep one shots me at 140 health and most normal attacks one shot me at 100.

Looks I’m going to have to upgrade or get some new armour. Or just lance the bugger.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    OK, so the Transpurrter in GU is the greatest thing ever.
  • 111 defence and thunder resistance and the Kirin and Diablos are down.  Kirin's thunder attacks still hurt a lot.

Zorah bashing next.
  • Can I turn in a Handler carcass for some materials.

Fucks alive what a naff NPC.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:

What’s this?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:

What’s this?

Felyne in a wicked hat. Appears in the starting camp. You can give him things to take back home, freeing up inventory space. His animation when he sets off is top.

You can only use him once per quest, but it's a great compromise between World's "you have complete access to everything even out on a quest" and previous MH's "I know you're on a gathering quest, but your inventory is full, so get fucked".
  • He was in p3rd. At least the concept of a cat to take things back mid quest. He rides a barrel in 3rd
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    He was in p3rd. At least the concept of a cat to take things back mid quest. He rides a barrel in 3rd

That's the one. Didn't realise he was in previous titles, he would have been supremely useful during 3U.
  • P3rd also had true weapon values like Gen, which I prefer.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    P3rd also had true weapon values like Gen.

Who with the what now?

• The attack value for the weapons have their own scale so great sword as an example has very large numbers whereas sword has low.

Once you divide by the weapon multiplier you get numbers from 80ish to 256 (more for grank).

So for p3rd and gen you can actually compare weapons across the weapons classes.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Looking forward to the unlock tomorrow. I have a 25 hour save on 3DS but didn't bring it with me on holiday, so i'll start again (despite a 50 hour MHXXS save on the same Switch). 

I'm going full Prowler this time so it feels like a different game to my extensive but not yet exhaustive MHW playtime.
  • I still have yet to actually fail a single mission yet, but my fucking word hunting Rathalos makes me fail at being civil. 20 minutes of chasing his swoopy, camera-baffling ass around the jungle and then his fucking missus turns up. Pair of cunts.
  • They are a pair of utter cunt bags. Hate fighting them.
  • Dung bombs to make one leave.  Flash bombs to stop flying things fly.  There is no shame in flash bombing Rathalos because he is tedious.  Same with a certain other flying thing that turns up (all the time) in High Rank.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah flash bomb that fool. Forgot dashing 'bout the map like some errand boy.
  • Yeah dung bombs and flash pods.

Or rule the sky with guns.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    So for p3rd and gen you can actually compare weapons across the weapons classes.

Neat, didn't know that.
  • MrsMr, was in your session mate. Sent you a message in Steam chat.

Moving to another session. Let me know if you need anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!