Monster Hunter
  • I do wish there were means for turning off more icons and shinies though. At least the waypoint insects turn off during combat.

At the same time, with arenas as heavily decorated as these, I sort of wish there were more ways to interact. Bit more wanton destructibility, bit more reshaping of dirt in response to explosions etc. Classic issue of the more one ups the detail of presentation, the more the omissions stand out.
  • Anyway, when are you PC people on this, I've only hunned with randos which is fine, but.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Caved and bought Generations Ultimate.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Do we have a B&B Discord already, then?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Caved and bought Generations Ultimate.
    Of course you did because you’re a dirty Mon Hun bitch like the rest of us.
    Oh I can’t wait
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Why are randos so rubbish at tempered Val? Tried farminng tempered elders for the investigations and the most common (common as in 1 in 15 sos searches finds someone doing it) is the odogaron and val doonican combo.
    Odo goes down and then they fall over themselves trying to die as quickly as possible to Val’s charge or beam.

I might try disconnecting from the network next time to keep the quest active. I only want footprints for investigations.
  • Idk but I definitely enjoyed several parties of strangers keep falling for the Tzitzl's flash attack last night while I continued to poke at it from behind my massive fucking shield.

Gunlance fucking owns, pokepokepokeEXPLOSIONEXPLOSION. Most satisfyingly cataclysmic weapon since the RPG in GTAIV.
  • Ftr, it's a bad idea to wail on a beast while someone else is mounted on it right?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Of course you did because you’re a dirty Mon Hun bitch like the rest of us.

That escalated quickly.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Ftr, it's a bad idea to wail on a beast while someone else is mounted on it right?

It definitely was in previous MHs, not sure about World, though.

• Not now. Wail away
  • Boughted on PC.  I'm weak.  My excuse is that the 30fps or lower does my head in on the PS4 so I need the extra fps on PC.  In addition, I doubt I'll pay for PS plus again and this game is the same price.

Still, fuck denuvo and my weakness to principles.  But it is Monster Hunter (ultimate justificaton/excuse).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Not now. Wail away
    Yeah wailing is fine.

People don't usually appreciate it if you flash a mounted monster though.
  • Holy shit, the load times in the PC version!

Gone are the days of making a cup of tea while a quest loads. 

And the framerate is glorious.  Hadn't realised how much the base PS4 downgrades the resolution.  Everything is sharp now.
  • I think there's still some muttering about the textures being accidentally low res but
  • @mrsmr good man!

PS4: rocking for those new Kulve weapons
    PC: just beat nerg
    Switch: bought GU

I claim the filthiest
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    You guys Clan'd up on Personal Computer?
  • No but I would like to be, I'm still very early in. 24-ish hours, rank 6 I think. Set my unit as the B&B Steam mob. Tonight I pwn a Rathian or two for its bits.
  • Unlike the console versions where squads are a thing, I believe the PC version just uses Steam groups. I did see MrsMr come on last night.

The only issue with the PC version currently is the connectivity seems to drop on occasion. Apart from that the performance is very good.

Apart from the rarity 8 drops from KT, I'm up to date with all content on PS4 so I can keep that ticking over with minimal play time and focus on PC progress instead.

Regarding the resolution mutterings I think I remember Capcom saying they'd release a free upgrade pack.
  • First time I've fought Zorah Magdaros and seen all the details on him.  And the smoothness allowed me to run around and explore rather than just get frustrated like I did on the PS4.

Feels like a different game.  Still have frame drops so it's not perfect but so much of an improvement overall.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    From what I've been reading it's quite demanding to get a consistent 60fps. I'm only running a GTX 1050ti / 16gb DDR4 ram and an i7 Laptop so not sure I can get to that frame lock.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Yeah, I have an i5 3570K paired with a 1060 6 GB and I certainly haven't been able to get it to run/look the way I want. It's miles better than the PS4 Pro version but apparently that isn't enough for me. And with Dragon Quest XI arriving in less than two weeks I'm shelving this for the foreseeable future.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Silke, these are my settings:

RS: Variable (Prioritise Framerate)
    TQ: 1024
    AO: Low
    VRQ: Off
    SQ: Mid
    AA: Off
    LB: Variable
    MLL: No Limit
    FS: On
    SS: On
    SSR: Off
    AF: Mid
    WR: Off
    SHDQ: Low
    DR: 32
    ZP: On

vysnc off and framerate no limit.
    Adaptive sync via control panel

3570k running at 4.3GHz
    970 core at 1,500MHz, memory at 8GHz - should be close to a non oc 1060 6GB

Ironically, had two crashes since today's patch - before I'd got into the game
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    In addition, I doubt I'll pay for PS plus again and this game is the same price.
    That's some solid reasoning there. Doubt I'll pay for plus again in January, so might grab this on the Christmas sale, if my laptop will be able to run it in some way.

Less than a week for GU people! Think the download is 11gb, so make sure you have the space if you want to go digital!

Both of Gen and GU are released at dates that don't really work for me though, Gen came out the Friday before I was getting married, now GU releases on the day my mom and brother will land on LAX. Urgh.
  • My laptop's running a decent 1060 6gb, 16gb RAM and an i7 - [email protected]

You should be good enough Speedhaak

I've preloaded MHGU, Nina
  • Ayns rocking the new laptop, nice!

Further note for nvidia peeps.  The latest drivers deliver worse performance than the version before.  Either roll back or use Nvidia Inspector to turn off the thing that causes the issue with the latest version.

I'm still on 384.94 (pre-spectre and meltdown) as I found the later version gave worse performance in Kingdom Come when I was testing that.

Also, 14 hours over three days.  Can only be MH.
  • Cool. I popped off the HR29 quest on PC today, pretty pleased with that.

For people on PS4 if any of the old guard want to try Behemoth Extreme mode then give me a shout. It was released today and looks rock hard. HBG tank builds, Cluster Bomb DPS builds and support roles all catered for. Not tanked or clustered myself before. Seen good groups struggle.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I haven't even done regular Behemoth yet... My mom will be here next week for 2,5 weeks, so I probably won't be around for any of it.
  • No problem @Nina it's permanent content
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    MHGU has arrived. Mint.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!