Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    My friend denuvo strikes again. The version used doesn’t work on intel cpus pre 4 series. So my 3570k is out. Assume that will be fixed but jeez. We are now in “But can it run Denuvo” world (quote shamelessly copied from other forum thread)

I have the same CPU and it runs now. But indeed, fuck Denuvo.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • I have a fucking i7 920 from 2008 and it runs. I assume the sheer grunt of my 1080 gfx card just cowes Denuvo into compliance with my wishes.
  • Nicely balanced system there :-)

The denuvo thing was patched just before it launched in the west.

Really want to play this at a decent framerate but I refuse to do denuvo. Probably means I won’t ever play future big budget games. But then I won’t need to upgrade my pc ever again either.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    ayns wrote:
    Runs nicely on PC. Look me up on Steam if you so inclined - I'm in BB group under Munja as that's me MH name.

Are you playing with keyboard and mouse, or with a pad?

I'll stick with a PS4 controller.

The solo DPS kings use a lot of bow. Not for me though. Seen some mad spread HBGs out there too. Anything really, depends how good you are.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Nicely balanced system there :-)

I call it the Science Project.

Should probably just be done with it and get the top current i9 but I'm quite lazy.
  • Bagged Arch Tempered Teo set today, cool fight. Had to go support LBG with randoms but it was cool.

MrsMr, Steam defaults to big picture mode when playing on PC. Not sure you got to view as I'm not au fait with said mode. You didn't miss much lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I'm pretty into this gunlance thing folks. It's stabby and bangy.
  • I spent most of my time on it with gunlances. Satisfyingly hefty beasts.
  • ayns wrote:
    Bagged Arch Tempered Teo set today, cool fight. Had to go support LBG with randoms but it was cool. MrsMr, Steam defaults to big picture mode when playing on PC. Not sure you got to view as I'm not au fait with said mode. You didn't miss much lol

Good work on Teo (still not got past Luna yet - although not actively trying either). 

I clicked on the button to see if I could watch you but I think streaming needs to be activated for that to work.
  • JonB wrote:
    I spent most of my time on it with gunlances. Satisfyingly hefty beasts.

And the dodge equivalent doesn't fuck my positioning either. And you can stick quick reloads into combos to extend them.

Incidentally I kinda love how the bodytype for all players is chunky thighs, considering the sheer size of the weapons etc. these poor bastards have to lug around.

Best online RPG since PSO, as I'd hoped. Wish I could turn a few more icons off, but.
  • Also, Poogie.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just turned on my Switch and there's a demo for MHGU available on the eShop.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yep. Arrived yesterday.
    Excitement levels rising
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Y
    Usss
  • How does the Dave transfer from 3DS work?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Save transfer. Ffs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You download an app on the 3DS and transfer.
  • Cool. Gonna have to day 1 this. Was enjoying it on 3DS but it came too soon after the previous one and I just couldn’t quite get into it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The MHGU demo has online features, so if anyone fancies I'll be jumping online this afternoon at 4:30. I managed the first two quests solo, but the final geezer made me his prison wife, so I reckon I'll need sacrificial lambs "team mates" to take him down.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Hunnin them mons. Well, actually just kicking the shit out of them and kidnapping them. That's all. The prizes are better.

It's the Paolumu next, what is adorable.

I think this game may have the some of the best map design of anything 3D ever.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    The MHGU demo has online features, so if anyone fancies I'll be jumping online this afternoon at 4:30. I managed the first two quests solo, but the final geezer made me his prison wife, so I reckon I'll need sacrificial lambs "team mates" to take him down.

I’d love to, need to play this onlinehowever 4.30 is practically impossible for me as it’s close to the kids dinner time. :( no way I can convince the wife to let me free to play
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'll jump on anyway, see who's around. :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Online now, passcode is 3141.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I think you'll need the lobby code, too, looks like you can't just join friends in the demo.

00-7559-7870-7251
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Welp.
  • Tried Generations demo.  Can't go back to that.

How do I get tempered elders in MHW?  I have one investigation - tempered Teostra in 15 mins.  Yeah right, can't even kill a normal one in 15 mins.  But where are the others?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    There's an event quest that sometimes pops up that is just for gathering tracks. Two different ones, one is for regular tempered, one for elder dragon.

I think the hr100 quest can be used to farm tracks.

Or search for SOS level 9 quests and pick up tracks in those quests.
  • Cheers Nina.  I'm HR6someting so 9* it is.
  • While I appreciate there's no overt RPG levelling up and stat changes are all gear and/or item-based - srsly this is a massive win that makes the whole show seem radically less grindy than it probably is - I'm not sure how exactly HR works as much of anything except gatekeeping missions?
    Is it the case that any quest you finish bumps you up a level until a given plot point needs clearing, and then stuff buffers in the background until you pass it, or do you only ever go up a level by completing plot quests before that point, and any other quests you do on the way don't buffer at all?
  • It's for gatekeeping only.  Quests have points linked to them and they are recorded in the background.  At certain points the HR cap is released and accumulated points are added.  I think there are 3 cap points that need quests completing to move past.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!