Monster Hunter
  • Yeah, sorry about that - been taking a break from most gamey and internet things recently. Will probably head back on to catch up soonish.

That’s @nina
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No worries, was just joking. Play whatever /whenever you feel like it. I am expecting some excellent results from school though!

(even though I was joking, would be great to see you again at some point.)
  • I am keen to play again. I'll definitely be on sometime soon. I'm just trying to figure out my life balance again after coming home.
  • Yeah, come on. I make the effort to get on at 5:30am and there's no BB MH hunt party waiting? lolz

I'm going to play both MHW and Generations for the foreseeable future. Fought a Hyper Rathian in Gen last night, which was cool. I was bad, but it's coming together again. I've forgotten how all that palico/farm stuff works but will get there. I've decided I loved them both, so growth mindset requires me to win at both of them. Particularly, looking forward to taking my Horn love from MHW back onto Gen once I'm settled.

Saying that, cooked up a truly spicy mixed set with health regen and peak performance on lance yesterday in World. It could probably work with most weapons, but it is glorious with lance. It does require the appropriate Hero stone and Kulve Taroth pieces but apart from that not too bad.

My goodness, feeling the MH love this morning!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    You can switch all the time. You can even make more than one, so you can use them for all kinda hunts. Think Gaijin will be doing some videos on it, they changed prowler from Gen to GenU apparently. And I don't see anything wrong with a 4 cat team.

Sweet.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Morning Nina!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Morning! I just got a tenderizer jewel, not bad!
  • Sweeeet!
  • Fun hunts. Gotta go work. Later!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Saying that, cooked up a truly spicy mixed set with health regen and peak performance on lance yesterday in World. It could probably work with most weapons, but it is glorious with lance. It does require the appropriate Hero stone and Kulve Taroth pieces but apart from that not too bad.
    Think I did kinda the same thing, made a set of 4 Vaal pieces and Rathian legs. Gives me peak performance, recovery speed up and recovery up (recovers beyond red part). Paired it with my Jho SnS, as the head piece has two slots of Dragon Attack, which ups dragon to max. Haven't thought of augmenting yet, might see if I can put health regen on the sword. Or Affinity up.

Other two sets I'm working on are a Slugger set for the hunting horn, and a Tank set for the lance. Just bought all the defense boost armour pieces, but B wants to play FF. Not sure if I'm gonna pair that with a Kulve lance (414 attack, hidden sleep so could use elementless boost, level 3 slot and defense bonus of +20%) or the Nergi one. Gonna try with the Kulve first, but not sure if the extra defense bonus will stack with the armour. Hoping to fit in guard 5 and as much as defense boost as possible, it will be my set when I'm tired. Just sitting behind me shield, being untouchable and doing some pokes. Not sure how useful is it but could be fun.

For generations, I play with a friend of Swirl every Monday (think it's around 9pm for him when we start, he's UK based). I could ask if he's OK with you joining if you want some companions. It's capture only though, unless it has to be killed.

Thanks for the hunts tonight, I just join random rooms that are set to "tempered monsters" these days, works pretty well. Lost countless of good quests by people (incl me) carting. Don't dare to use the 2p ones, but might post them if I see you a next time if you're up for it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    kulve-taroth-monster-hunter-1280x720.jpg
    Kulve Taroth will be back on the 25th. Think she'll be around for a week.

So if you haven't had a chance yet, get yourself to HR16 before Thursday. It's genuinely a fun fight. Best thing is to search for lobbies that are fighting her, as the rewards will be better if more people have joined the siege.
  • I have realised I loaned my copy to a friend so will hopefully be getting it back today so I can play more. Would definitely like to fight Kulve
  • Nice one.

If you can get a Guard up deco for lance they are pretty sweet in some fights that usually have unblockables such as Teo or Vaal.

Will defo hunt a few KTs over the weekend.

I popped about 15 hours into Gen this week, loving it. Got Hellblade Glavvy gear up to level 3 and started on 4. Will keep an eye out on Monday if that is OK.
  • Anyone around for this over the weekend? Really need to get back into it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I had a reply all ready to defend the Great Sword, but I can't be bothered to type it out.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    I popped about 15 hours into Gen this week, loving it. Got Hellblade Glavvy gear up to level 3 and started on 4. Will keep an eye out on Monday if that is OK.
    Afraid we won't be around this Monday, it's a day off for B (Memorial Day) and I don't think Matt is around either. We should be good for next week though, we haven't missed a Monday since Swirl left New Zealand (before that is was Sunday), unless someone is sick or has something else. Which isn't that often on a Monday night. Would be nice to see you sometimes though, we timed out on Kushala last week. Had it sleeping but still ran out of time. Flash pods aren't as easy to use in this.
    And I'm jealous about Hellblade Glav, I've got the regular set, need 3 more of the rare drops to bring every piece to it's last upgrade. We only did all de deviants once so far (not sure if we did the last two in the list), it's so stupid that only the one using the ticket gets the next level.

And lol at that link, I've got a little personal crisis now. I like SnS, Lance, SwitchAxe, Hunting Horn, Bow and Hammer so far, am not particularly good at any of them though.

I made two SA sets for Kulve (the Kirin one looks great, for Thunder, and I had the Kulve Black Diablos from the last siege), and only realized yesterday you could actuality unlock the cap of your armour. I then stupidly spend all my money on upgrading the armour for the ice set, which is only useful in phase 4. Got an extra 100 defense though, that's sweet.

Now I also understand how people stay alive so easy in tempered elder dragon hunts...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @ayns if you're still up for a game of Generations this Monday, code for the room would be 3141.

Was away for the weekend, guess I'll have to try that Wildspire Bolero for a bit, see if I can get a large crown Rathian. Only one I need from the Wildspire monsters. Got about 12 crowns left.
  • Sorry. Missed it. Will be about next Monday, hopefully. Off work this week.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Lunastra tomorrow:

• Just seen the community team talking about it.  Sweeeeeeet.  Love it, as they always announce it at short notice.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looks a bit like a blue Teostra? I've just woken up so this is the first I see of it, is it an elder dragon? Looks good.

@ayns, yeah drop in on Monday if you feel like it. I should be online somewhere between 8:30 and 9pm
  • Great stuff.  Hope it's different enough from Teo.

Nina, Luna is female equivalent of Teo.
  • Lunastra is a female version of Teostra.  Been in previous MHs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I feel exposed now, don't think I ever fought her. Excited, should be live at 5pm for me.

There's a couple more fixes (scout fly camera work, easier to get tempered elder dragon investigations, easier to pet the poogie) and a new version of Kirin and Vaal, think Kirin will do live June 8th and Vaal the 21st or 22nd. Should be more angry than the tempered ones.
  • Oh goody, another Kirin :-0
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message

Gaijin Hunter with an the update info.

Arch tempered monsters, new armour sets for them, more layered armour coming.
  • Well, Lunastra.

Nothing has killed me three times as quickly.  She is approximately 84.2 times tougher than anything else in the game.

I also felt the framerate was marginally better - based on the first fight with Teo.
  • Man, love the Luna fights. Those turf wars too!

Made a beautiful support set for horn. WR5 and Gluttony 3 with maxed evade window and distance.

Got a more attack orientated set with blast element horn aswell.

Been so cool to clutch heal groups amid all that blue fire. Sweet!

Buying a 2DS XL today too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!