Monster Hunter
  • Dang, missed that event then. Sounded cool.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It should be back, hopefully quickly.

I've missed the Dante armour set, hopefully that'll be back soon. Think Sakura's armour is up now for everyone, but I can check for a couple more days. All my TV gaming is Knack right now, but I don't think we'll finish that before he leaves.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dante is still on. It's an easy fight until Teo turns up. At least it was for me, 4 weeks rusty.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed KT.  Played it pretty much every day and got some sweet drops...except R8 lances of course lol
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Back on this, Dante's set is done, just need some Teostra Webbing for the legs but can do that anytime.

While being 2,5 weeks rusty, I also decided to pick up the hunting horn again. Was quite an eye opener when I realized the last note of a song is also the first for the next. Still not really feeling it when I should actually play the songs, I want to keep my team as buffed as possible, so whenever one runs out I try to play it. It's just an awkward attack and I'm not sure how to use it, or if I should just use it further away from the monster.
  • I would say that it's acceptable to buff the party away from danger at the start of battle. As your confidence grows and you get used to the long, slow swings you can get stuck in more. You can definitely do some good numbers when you encore 3 songs.

I tend to use wide range 5 just so you can keep people up. A sneaky regular demon drug and armour skin at the start of battle for everyone will last indefinitely unless people die. Good for pick up groups that may not use the stronger buffs.

I like evasion extend too as you will need to roll out of danger quite often. A lot of players rave about the Jho horn, but I still favour the Baz horn. The song you play sounds cooler. Lol

On a side note, I bagged the USJ weapon, armour and palico gear last weekend. Looks sweet.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate headed to Switch this August. For those who put lots of time into Generations OG, you can transfer your save.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    And yes, Generations Ultimate is the same as XX, but latter is afaik Japan-only.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    THE BOY IS BACK
  • I put a fair few hours into XX, but this rekindles my desire to retry it.

Save transfer from Generations will be sweet.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Save transfer is great, I'm still playing it and will keep playing till release, finished the main quests but have not fought all monsters yet, am at HR 48. Will be so nice to see the deviants on a big screen.

While I love World, there's still so much fun to be found in this one. It feels less serious and more like fun. This will be a pretty cheap year for me I think. World, GU, Splatoon 2 DLC and switch online should keep me very busy.

I'm also secretly hoping of meet ups, I know Pax West usually has an area where there was a lot of handheld multiplayer going on, would be so nice to have a group to play this with in the park or wherever.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Omg guys the crew is back. AFAIK it's

Ayns
    mrmrs
    wookie
    Nina
    Elm
    Tempy
  • FUCK YES
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    On a side note, I bagged the USJ weapon, armour and palico gear last weekend. Looks sweet.
    I wasn't that interested in it but spent a good few hours yesterday sniping a place in a lobby and get the sword and armour. Didn't go for the palico as there were so many people that wanted to join and it's low rank, I'd never use it.

And if course thanks for the horn tips, I got the Jho upgraded now, Arrekz did a video on it too which is always interesting. If I get a good feel for it, I might expand my collection a bit.

Also can't stop thinking about how much fun GU is gonna be, felt bad last night for taking the TV from B, being able to grind those USJ quests would have been perfect for handheld mode.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate headed to Switch this August. For those who put lots of time into Generations OG, you can transfer your save.
    Bah, I traded Generations in along with my 3DS to get my Switch. Put well over 100 hours into that too... Don't want to have to do it all again but I know when this launches i'll probably not be able to resist!
  • IM SO EXCITED
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I suspect it'll be very hard to revert to old game systems having played MoHun World.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I sure don't given the brevity of MHW
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It'll be like riding a bike, I reckon. Old habits die hard.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So you're gonna get this one @Swirl? Would be nice to have you in a team with Matt again.

And I don't find it hard to switch between World and Gen. The biggest thing that started to annoy me is that the 3DS just isn't that comfortable for long sessions. Shouldn't be a problem with the switch.

Almost all the other things are small quality of life things, nothing to get annoyed by or are taking up that much more time. Biggest problem is forgetting items and not being able to get them from the tent I guess.
  • I actually tried Gen the other night and found it hard to get into.

Hunted a couple of Kushala and Teostra for comparison.

It's the controls I'm struggling with. Gimme 30 hours and it'll be cool lol
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    So you're gonna get this one @Swirl?

Definitely thinking about it. MHW is great, I'm liking it more than I did 4U, but it's almost too easy in places. Like you said, you can grab forgotten items from the tent, and as far as I'm concerned that's basically heresy. ;)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mind we will be getting double-cross so it's basically generations g rank which doesn't exist over here so new monsters. Allegedly 92 big monsters in double-cross. Compare that to 32 in MHW.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Stop thinking about it, just get it when it's out! @Swirl

I'm pretty sure there will be a g rank at some point in World, but there's a place for both of them imo. Gen feels so much more monster vs hunter, the environment isn't that important and I like the simpler looks of it. Plus I have a teddy bear hammer. And a cactus hammer that poisons. And you can be a cat.

@Ayns, it a usually takes me a little while to adjust to Gen, but it's so easy. Probably helps that I either play hammer (it's not too different from world) or Insect Glaive (which I don't play in world).

Getting items from the tent helped me a lot yesterday, forgot I had to do the HR100 quest so I fired off some flares. Failed a couple times, always at Nergi which was extra frustrating. 30+ minutes and then a fail hurts. Last try I had two people join me, I died twice thanks to Kushala so one of them left. Somewhere halfway a new 3rd person joined, and I was very careful at the last Nergi bit. I did nothing apart from running in circles, throwing life powders out and took a cheeky stab at the tail, which was the end of the quest. I'm a Sapphire Star now.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Stop thinking about it, just get it when it's out! ... And you can be a cat.

I'll probably buy it, because MH, but whether I play it is another matter.

Talking about being a cat, I was thinking about that. I'd quite like to play as a Felyne, but I'm guessing everyone does. Can you switch back and forth, between human and cat, or is it one or the other?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You can switch all the time. You can even make more than one, so you can use them for all kinda hunts.

Think Gaijin will be doing some videos on it, they changed prowler from Gen to GenU apparently.

And I don't see anything wrong with a 4 cat team.
  • I'll be tempted to get on switch mon hun after learning how it works in world.
  • I think I’d struggle without all the quality of life changes and lack of voice chat, tbh. Will probably skip this one.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah, so you two are still following the Monster Hunter thread.

Let me know when you start playing again, would be nice to have some familiar hunters again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!