myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Swirl Yeah I figured that's why you weren't up for gaming.

And for the password, there's an "exclude friends" option, think he has been using that. So others might have to enter one.

Haven't played much of the game on my own, as my brother left Mario Odyssey here for me to play. Which has been great so far.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    And for the password, there's an "exclude friends" option, think he has been using that. So others might have to enter one.

Ah, clever.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Definitely up for some GU. Really been enjoying it. Even tried some horn! Not that good at it, but II get by lol

Been enjoying a bit of the Harvest Festival that started on MHW too.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll be on GU this Monday, will probably be on some ps4 World for the Harvest Festival the rest of the week. Guess that's two weeks again?

• I’ve just got HR3 on GU, loving it again. Playing with a few different armour sets, previously I’ve gone for a full set of whatever has the highest defence numbers but now I’m starting to dabble in exploring different sets for different resistances. Jesus I could spend a lifetime just crafting!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think the Harvest Festival runs until 4 October.

Yes you can, Wookie. I tend to just pick a set for LR and another for HR and then grind sets later. But if you do it your way then you get a real feel for all the sets and skills.

Cool arena sssion last night MrsMr. Halfway there!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Jesus I could spend a lifetime just crafting!

True that.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • With Nerg thumped, it's just the Big Dragons left, campaign-wise. Need more maps.
  • Twas cool Ayns.  Halfway there. :-(

As long as there are no more Azure Raths.

EDIT: had my revenge against Azure.  Did a few optional quests with lance and he didn't stand a chance.  His normal strength of flying attacks is a weakness against a lance as you can just stand there and he comes to you constantly.  Took pleasure in systematically cutting tail, breaking both wings, and breaking head before killing.  No capture for him.
  • Noticed I've now played so much of this thing the rubber has partially worn off my left pad stick.
  • Spent a few hours hunting and grinding for gear last night on GU. Now got myself a few decent sets registered, one for each elemental resistance. Gonna work now on hitting HR 4 this week. Benefits of being off work is that in between job hunting and taking care of the kids I can find a half hour here and there to do a quick hunt!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Grats Brooks! First Nerg takedown is a nice feeling. Think I have about 800+ hours on MH in 2018 in all iterations. Crazy stuff.

Grats Wookie! Fill us in on those armour set details. What did you go for?

It's why solo is easier, but longer imo MrsMr. The monster comes to you. How easy is that? Prefer the group play nuances personally. I solo nothing worthwhile these days.
  • I am about for GU
  • Some things are easier e.g. Azure is certainly easier (with a lance) but that serves him right for being tedious as hell in that arena quest.

Overall, I'm not sure that a monster constantly attacking you is easier than being in a group.  It makes the monster more predictable as it only attacks you but you have less chance to get in hits, less time to heal, and a combo that would normally kill you might not because the monster can randomly go after someone else mid combo.  Parts seem to be easier to break though.

I do a lot of group hunts but I had to solo nergi yesterday as I needed his horns and the randomers were failing to break them, even with the obligatory bomb when he sleeps.  I had the same with Val on the PS4.  Groups for getting general parts, solo when needing specific bits - mostly horns.

I also think group fights should scale with the number of people to make them a challenge.  I think multiplayer has 2.4 x health for 2, 3, or 4 players.  That's good for two players but pretty weak for 4.  At the moment, unless you have suicidal randomers who seemingly run into the elder's mega attacks, there is almost no chance of failing a quest.

EDIT: also, 800hrs! Mad man.  So that's really what the early mornings are for ;-)

EDIT 2: I'm on 300 PS4 and PC combined.  That's mad enough.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks for the hunts Swirl and Ayns.

And Matt said "goodbye and thanks for the hunts" @ayns
  • I like being a lazy support tank in groups. Draw aggro with shield up, poking the fucker in the guts and lob the occasional powder around.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Thanks for the hunts Swirl and Ayns.

Thumbs_up.gif

• Went to play Monster Hunter for half hour before the gym and my left Joycon battery is dead!! I’m so sad
  • Tried the GU demo again last night.  I've gone soft and really struggled with it.
    Going to have a go with the pro controller as the joycons suck big time.
  • Yeah, good hunting with you guys last night Swirl and Nina. Totally happy to pick appropriate level weapons. Deviant fight was the most fun imo. Cool to play with Matt!

MrsMr — Pro controller all the way man. I put some hours in Gen on 3DS before GU was released to get back into the swing of things. 10 hours and you'll be back into it in no time. I thought both games wouldn't do it for me at the same time, but they complement each other imo. I feel this is the last old skool MH that we will get. Top 2 GOTY for me so far.

Nothing wrong with the odd 5:30am session to set you up for the day BTW ;)
  • Do Miasma jewels exist in the PC version?  I had two on PS4 and there were useful for dealing with Val.  Haven't got any in the PC version.

Also, is a fire weapon good for softening Lavasioth up?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Don't forget there are two types of Miasma resistance: one for the toxic gas inherent to that map and one for Vaal herself. Took me forever to figure that out.
  • Yeah, found out hard way on ps4. Made an effluvial expert armour piece and found it had no effect against val. effluvial expert is for the gas in that area (really useful to have). the miasma jewels are for dealing with val, and they are random drops. :-(

Edit: i read something on reddit and the consensus was a translation error causing the confusion.
  • Thanks for that, was planning on doing Vaal shortly and would have misarmed.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Do Miasma jewels exist in the PC version?  I had two on PS4 and there were useful for dealing with Val.  Haven't got any in the PC version.

Also, is a fire weapon good for softening Lavasioth up?

You can, but most groups use status instead as it's more flexible. Works best if using ammo as you can switch types.
  • Monster Hunter Stories is out on ios and android.

Cripes!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm actually not sure if that's the same version gameplay wise than the 3DS game or did they a FFXV and cut some of the good stuff? Haven't been following that at all.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Monster Hunter Stories is out on ios and android. Cripes!

Probably worth a punt if you've not played the 3DS version. I should get back into that, I'm pretty sure I'm near the end, before I got distracted by other games.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Went back to MHW yesterday, thought I'd try some arch tempered Vaal Hazak to get to y armour set, I don't have any yet. Failed every online quest, some were pretty close though. I'm also broke now, 73z is all I have so I can't even augment anything or make something different. Can't even buy potions.

I might see if anyone is around at 9pm onwards? Not really sure how I feel about World but I do want the gamma and Behemoth armor at some point.

Also good news for pc people, Harvest Festival will come your way soon as well. I think there's new armour, layered armour and some other stuff available. Not sure how the "all event quests" available will work.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been playing MHGU pretty much all day. Still Prowler only, and loving every second.

Fought 4 monsters i'd never seen before. :)  I clearly never spent enough time with Generations or XXS. 

Just farmed another Glavenus for the full get-up, and the blue-ish armour matches the cats fur. Fashion Souls of a feline variety. lol.

Might be time to cruise through the early HR's now i'm tooled up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!