Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • Djornson wrote:
    I'm only about 9% in, avoiding all side op missions because it's just so huge. Just tired the Lingua Franca mission. My god it is buggy as fuck. I'm still enjoying it as long as i make a concious effort to play it in a way that does not break the immersion. In my opinion as soon as you go action game it's terrible. Sneak = fun.

This is impossible in the long run. You'll need to do a good chunk just to be able to upgrade items/weapons enough to progress.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Just when I thought I couldn't be more bored, there's an epidemic. Fantastic. Can't I just sneak around and attack big robots whilst my mum turns out to be my dads sisters cousins voluntary uncles grandad?
  • I'll tell you the solution if you want to get it over with quickly.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    I'll tell you the solution if you want to get it over with quickly.

Think I'm on to it. Some trafficking dude has given me the Root Cause mission so it's Gotta be this!!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Can't I just sneak around and attack big robots whilst my mum turns out to be my dads sisters cousins voluntary uncles grandad?

No. You must understand all the ins and outs of being the leader of a Private Army.
  • The epidemic is one of my favourite bits of the game, especially because of some of the stuff it leads to. I am happy that I figured it out before the mission that told you the answer. Saved many a Floppy Rhino and Savage Sparrow that way.
  • I didn't really get the whole epidemic part.
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I sent this back to my mate about 20 hours in?
    It was sublime to play in terms of mechanics but really flat in terms of giving you a reason to keep going. The lack of motivation to continue also arrived in the form of AC syndicate, that for all its faults seemed more alive to be kicking about in. and it was so much more fun just to muck around in. Scale the buildings and just be surrounded by life.
    It was thrust in my face as goty by so many people that I was really looking for it to be a great game. Mechanically it's brilliant as I said but it's lacking something for me.
    I'll go back to it at some point maybe, but im actually glad I got a loan of it and didn't buy it.

It didn't stop me from watching Tempy's exceptional video about the game though.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Tempy wrote:
    The epidemic is one of my favourite bits of the game, especially because of some of the stuff it leads to. I am happy that I figured it out before the mission that told you the answer. Saved many a Floppy Rhino and Savage Sparrow that way.

I figured it out right away, but chose poorly. Spoiler below.
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Tempy wrote:
    The epidemic is one of my favourite bits of the game, especially because of some of the stuff it leads to. I am happy that I figured it out before the mission that told you the answer. Saved many a Floppy Rhino and Savage Sparrow that way.

Saved a what and a what now
  • Okay, so Tempy's channel doesn't appear to be TempY or Mr Tempy.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Djornson wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Saved a what and a what now
    The randomly generated named of squaddies [attribute] [animal].

I was robbed of the outbreak bit. I was cooking or something when I was being told what to do so I was completely clueless as to what the game was asking of me. I googled it, just to find out the general mission brief, and the first thing I saw was the solution. Fucking gutted.
  • I there an equivalent function on ps4 to the Nintendo systems with activity logs? I'm trying to find how long I've played mgsv for. I'm estimating over sixty hours but progress in the game is just at 50 percent.
  • Press select/back/menu from the chopper screen and select records.
  • Vela wrote:
    I there an equivalent function on ps4 to the Nintendo systems with activity logs?

On a side note I absolutely love this feature. Wish it was on all consoles, would be fascinated to see how long I played some older games from the 80s/90s.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Press select/back/menu from the chopper screen and select records.

Ta. I'm on 75hr for 47%
  • So just watching the credits after beating Salahanthropist. Is that it for the campaign? If so I didn't think I could be more disappointed, but I was wrong...
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Is that it for the campaign?
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No, just 31. Homestly who does Kojima think he is? Just get on with making and delivering a decent game. Less of this nonsense.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's Kojima's defining MO.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That's Kojima's defining MO.

This is way over the top even for him.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    No, just 31.
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Seriously if I have to do nearly that much to finish it I really won't bother. What an absolute failure of a game. Repeating older missions? How dull!!
  • You don't have to repeat anything to finish it
  • Tempy wrote:
    You don't have to repeat anything to finish it

MISINFORMATION IS RUINING LIVES!!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Seriously if I have to do nearly that much to finish it I really won't bother. What an absolute failure of a game. Repeating older missions? How dull!!
    Some of the repeats are thw best bits, forcing you to play full stealth or 'naked' (all weapons/gadgets have to be procured on site).
  • The Subsistence and Total Stealth ones aren't too bad, but why not apply those stipulations to all new missions?

The Extreme missions on the other hand weren't very good imo. Two of them were tough, the rest felt exactly the same as the first time around, even easier considering you know what to do.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • One of the subsistence levels turned out to be one of the most metalgeariest experiences I;ve ever had. Some of that was down to the particular path I chose and some of the emergent shit that happened.

The hero feeling still hasn't quite worn off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!