Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • So the benefits of the wife and child being ill is a good amount of time to play this. Completed Mission 2, 3 and a few side ops. I can see how repetition could begin to emerge but I am really enjoying it right now. Really enjoying it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Tempy wrote:
    You don't have to repeat anything to finish it

WRONG
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:

WRONG
    Spoiler:

Lol, being told how to crouch after playing the game for 70hrs is odd to say the least.
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Tempy wrote:

WRONG
    Spoiler:

Lol, being told how to crouch after playing the game for 70hrs is odd to say the least.
    Spoiler:

Tell me you're joking about those two repeat missions. If not, there really is no defending this game.

I'll play a little bit more tomorrow. So stupid how they've taken such a good number of gameplay systems and put them in the wrong game.
  • Unfortunately not mate.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • On reflection, I enjoyed Ground Zeros more than Phantom Pain. The ending of PP, whilst is conveniently tidy, it can do one.

Worse MGS for this fan, most polished & slick by far, but finishes 6th in the old MGS table.
  • I'd agree with that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    WRONG
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Tell me you're joking about those two repeat missions. If not, there really is no defending this game. I'll play a little bit more tomorrow. So stupid how they've taken such a good number of gameplay systems and put them in the wrong game.

The only mission you 'have' to play again is the tutorial, as it's important for the story conclusion.
  • I should of said 7th.

Such a huge fan me....

@Rets I had spoiled part of the ending myself prior to finshing it on a mad hunt for info regarding...(@anyone please dont peak if you are yet to fin)
    Spoiler:
    Throw in the lack of cutscenes & the fact most have to be triggered/hunted for. Repetition of missions(& approach to said missions, tho that one I will take for being a lazy bastard ref my arsenal, to much freedom can be a bad thing sometimes tho) lack of crazy boss fights & the shit spoilered above, & it sits where it sits in my MGS league.  Also no feckin Hayter.

Still, that said, tidy ending, just not what I was hoping for tbh.  Driving around Africa in my jeep, D-Dog in the passenger seat whilst listening to Hamburger tapes was about as close as it got to the old feels of prev games.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You either hate Koj for needing so much time and money or Konami for abandoning the project in the final hour.
  • No Hayter is criminal.

Although
    Spoiler:

I'm currently going through 3 again to unlock MG and MG2. Looking forward to those and
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No Hayter is criminal. Although
    Spoiler:
    [/quote

Would agree & would make sense...
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    You either hate Koj for needing so much time and money or Konami for abandoning the project in the final hour.

I think I'd have to put it on Kojima.

Konami are a business and this game was spiralling out of control.

I honestly think if Kojima was given complete freedom this game would probably still not be out. It might have even been released in two parts.

Would it have been a better game for it? Almost certainly, but Konami had to make a decision and from a business point of view it was probably the right one.

I'll be interested to see how Kojimas next game fairs.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • [/spoiler] I'm currently going through 3 again to unlock MG and MG2. Looking forward to those and
    Spoiler:

Stick one on him from me, cheers.
  • @cindemon I wonder how much he was paid. Hayter must be somewhat upset/disappointed at his exclusion.

edit: will do mate
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No idea ref costs.  If mem serves me correct Hayter did have a litle rant/meltdown about it early doors.  Wasnt Koj's decision all about motion cap aswell as voice?  Again, mem is hazy.
  • It was about the motion capture, obviously only one actor needed for that.

Hayter were upset as he felt he is snake/boss.
    (wich he is)

Yongyea interview with hayter and hayter and wuinton flyn is excellent.
  • MGS 3 Subsistence is still the best of the series.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Right. That's chapter one finished. This is where it gets interesting right? 

BTW, talk about an amazing battle with zero build up or tension.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Only 67 more side ops to go!
  • First time I was climbing up a watchtower just as an enemy's climbing down today:

Also trying to take outposts by knocking out guards as many different ways as possible. Got up to 7 so far.
  • I did that to some cunt once and he landed on my dog. Both KO.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Today's clip. Standard long-range knocking soldiers out (pretty shit shooting TBH), but the end result was pleasing:

Also, new toy of the day - hand of jehuty. I can see that getting used quite a bit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That would never have happened if you could hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
  • 42 missions done on this now, and god knows how many side ops. I could quite happily whip through the rest of it at this point, although there's still so much to unlock. Mostly it comes down to finding (and improvising) new ways to do the same things again, which makes it a little too grindy, but still fun:

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Wow, Quiet is really fucking irritating.
  • You tune it out when playing really.
  • At least she's got some clothes on now. Although there was a certain cutscene today involving her splashing about in the rain. Just glad my wife didn't walk into the room while that was on.
  • I imagine you made sure to google the parameters for that occurring in an incognito window too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!