b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Attack power and Hit rate. I think.

Cheers Elf. But still not sure what the benefits are? Is it even worth upgrading weapons as I rarely attack, usually just use Persona Skills.
  • Yes. There are so many different enemy types, you'll comes across some that are only/mostly susceptible to physical attack. But I'm upgrading weapons quite sporadically. Magic is king, I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Attack power and Hit rate. I think.

Cheers Elf. But still not sure what the benefits are? Is it even worth upgrading weapons as I rarely attack, usually just use Persona Skills.

Weapons are well worth upgrading since damage output scales well as you level up, plus many weapons grant passive buffs and skills. Magic is generally stronger but it's worth attacking and using physical skills when there's not much difference in damage, simply to mitigate SP drain.

That said - the weapons you pick up from chests and...other means...usually compare well to whatever is in the shop, so don't feel the need to blow coin if the stat bump isn't worth it.

I wouldn't bother upgrading guns - too pricey and they're most useful for exploiting gun vulnerability which stays the same regardless of damage.

Group buffs to defense, hit and evasion (as well as debuffs to enemies) are very useful against bosses due to length of battle.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Also worth noting magic can't crit. Lucky punch and miracle punch are excellent for knocking down bosses.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Even if they're strong vs phys you can still crit em.
  • Yup. High crit physical attacks are invaluable against enemies and bosses with loads of resistances.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers guys, yep noticed the Crit ting, with SkullCrusher et al on the last boss and mini bosses. Didn't realise, or notice, that SP hits don't crit. Back to it later.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I am all over the holidays. So many social stat buffs. So many confidant Ups! Yes Ryuji I want to level my guts to Dauntless with you reading Shonen manga all afternoon.

In other news, Mishima's Confidant has gotten a bit -

189.gif
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Everyone enjoying the soundtrack in Persona 5, continue with this:

It's a world of truck drivers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    First max Confidant - The Politician. Nice little story if a bit twee at the end.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • god this is long.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

In other news, Mishima's Confidant has gotten a bit -

189.gif

The entire link was like that, imo, but yeah definitely moreso towards the end.

What a tool. I quite like him, though, in the way that a lead guitarist in a metal band likes groupies.
  • Also worth noting that Zero Punctuation - which is usually super critical of JRPGs and all things associated with them - actually gave this a very positive review. I actually agreed with pretty much all of it.
  • lol, poor old Mishima.  

From the start, I had him pegged as being a top bloke once he came out of his shell and got a bit of self confidence.

Got his social link at about level 8 now, and I'm dying for him to get back into his fucking shell!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • I only have him at about level 4. Always thought he was a dick TBH.
  • lol, poor old Mishima.  

From the start, I had him pegged as being a top bloke once he came out of his shell and got a bit of self confidence.

Got his social link at about level 8 now, and I'm dying for him to get back into his fucking shell!
    JonB wrote:
    I only have him at about level 4. Always thought he was a dick TBH.

Poor, poor Mishima.

But yeah...can't argue with any of that.
  • Wanted to be a Phanboy, but ended up as a Phuck Phace.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    lol, poor old Mishima.   From the start, I had him pegged as being a top bloke once he came out of his shell and got a bit of self confidence. Got his social link at about level 8 now, and I'm dying for him to get back into his fucking shell!
    I only have him at about level 4. Always thought he was a dick TBH.
    Poor, poor Mishima. But yeah...can't argue with any of that.

Don't worry, grown up he'll change his forename to Yukio and turn his persona into this:

MishimaYukioSamurai.jpg

He will also write some truly great novels.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Third palace done. Surprisingly straightforward boss.

I haven't played this quite so obsessively this week and am probably enjoying it more. It's very laid back, even the combat and dungeons, so better to play for an hour or two rather than long sessions.

Would still be nice to have a bit more challenge to the combat though, especially as it's a good system. Ambushes are too easy, so often you don't even worry about enemy attacks. Plus the part of Mmtos that's open has shadows of a much lower level than me, and it's not like I've done any grinding.
  • Don't worry it does get quite challenging later. I finished it with 110 hrs on the clock (I do leave it on occasionally though, 100 is prob more realistic), while i at one point grew a bit tired of this, it really did pick up again in for the final dungeon. The one before that is a total cunt though. Great game. I've bought 4 now sooo, onto that.
  • I'm on about 35 hours and can tell it's going to be long. The story is really starting to pick up though and I've tons of links to develop, so I'm well up for it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Maxed
    Spoiler:

Ryuji
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The OST has been up on the Yank itunes for a coupla weeks now but no sign of a UK release. I don't want to entertain the idea of £40 for an import physical.
  • Been listening on Youtube. Possibly best game soundtrack ever?
  • JonB wrote:
    Been listening on Youtube. Possibly best game soundtrack ever?

Whoa whoa whoa there. Better than FF7? Better than Secret of Mana? Better than *gasp* Symphony of the Night?!?!?!?!!!111
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa there. Better than FF7? Better than Secret of Mana? Better than *gasp* Symphony of the Night?!?!?!?!!!111
    Well, who knows? But it's up there certainly.
  • JonB wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Well, who knows? But it's up there certainly.

I have it on my phone, and it is very good. In terms of genre it's not really my bag, though - so the while I appreciate the general music used, I can't rate it as highly as Nier, FF7 or even P4G.

However, there are some incredible tunes - Regret, Rivers in the Desert and Life's Gonna Change being my favourites. The latter two work best lyrics.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!