Persona 5
  • digi wrote:
    Just restarted this after buying it myself last night. Played the first couple hours a few weeks back on release on my daughters console. Shes loving it, im finding it slow but great so far. That gym teachers a proper pervy prick!
    That seems like such a long time ago now, and I'm still probably only about half way through.

It is a very slow start though, even worse than P4 in that respect, but totally worth it.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    And it's done.

Teenage me would've loved it.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Silke wrote:
    Teenage me would've loved it.

That's the definitive one-liner for me as well. It's been gestating in my head since I first mentioned pages back that I feel my tastes have mos def changed in 7 years.

Even allowing for that, there are some diabolical parts towards the end.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    P5 is like a kid with a lot of passion who's wearing deceptively shitty Paranoia Agent cosplay.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fuck, this really really puts me in the mood to rewatch PA.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Not trying to spoil the aura of a long awaited sequel and shit on enthusiasm. Just my honeymoon period has definitely waned.
  • Definitely still in the honeymoon period here, about 53 hours in.

I mean, there's a clear sense that I'm too old for this shit, but the writing's not at fault, it's just aimed at a much younger (Japanese) audience. Same with P4, which I only played a couple of years ago anyway. I enjoy it despite that (and probably even sometimes because of it).
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    (P4 spoiler) I do think
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I regret listening to Rivers in the Desert so much pre-release now knowing it's the final boss track.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well,
    Spoiler:
  • The combat in this continues to be slightly unbalanced. Not sure why it's game over when the main character dies, when others are around to revive him. Plus the whole ambush-get ambushed thing can lead to such starkly different results.

Twice in the 5th palace I got killed in regular encounters, and that contrasts with the other 99% of encounters where I get an ambush and finish it without a scratch. In both cases I lost a fair bit of progress. One lot, who are already immune to physical/gun attacks, cast a magic shield and then despair on the whole group. Too much at stake on how the battle starts, rather than what you do in it.
  • First palace down.
    Just saved for the now, really enjoying it.
  • 5th palace down. Just about scraped through the boss on first go. Was quite a good one.

And so the plot thickens...

Also got my first maxed out social link and some romance into the bargain.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Doubt I'll complete
    Spoiler:
    before I go on holiday Wednesday. Probably just as well as I think I need a break.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The warning text before starting that palace suggests this is the final stretch to complete Confidants. Annoyed, as Yusuke's is starting to get not bad.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    YOU'RE JUST SOME CRIMINAL TRASH LIVING IN AN ATTIC
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Akechi
    Spoiler:
  • So much for slowing down, I've hit the 70 hour mark in just over 3 weeks. Averaging 3 hours a day for that long is a lot for me.

But there just aren't many games that hold my attention this much - I've not touched anything else in that time, or even thought about buying anything. It's a rare feat, and even more surprising is that I don't want it to end yet (which is good, because I assume it won't).
  • Also, the music in the palaces - they somehow managed to start out strong and still make each one better than the last.
  • JonB wrote:
    So much for slowing down, I've hit the 70 hour mark in just over 3 weeks. Averaging 3 hours a day for that long is a lot for me.

But there just aren't many games that hold my attention this much - I've not touched anything else in that time, or even thought about buying anything. It's a rare feat, and even more surprising is that I don't want it to end yet (which is good, because I assume it won't).

Glad you're enjoying it - I had a great time and I'll probably go back and continue NG+ after Prey.

Also, I approve of your choice of romance.

o/
  • (o

Actually, doesn't that work better?

First:

o) (o

and then:

o/\o
  • Genius
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I know what's it's supposed to be and that's great, but I can't stop myself from seeing 2 guys high-fiving because they've just seen tits.
  • Probably the most common reason anyway.
  • Right so, 77 hours in and
    Spoiler:
    One question:
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    partridge.shrug

I can't remember who carried the case out.
  • Man, this latest palace.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The length wouldn't be too bad if the filler sections weren't dull af.
  • Had to come back later and finish it off. Just over an hour between save points FFS. At least I managed to do it first time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!