Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    How can the lib dems be the Tories if labour are doing that?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    If the polls are right and the Lib Dems end up being the Opposition, then they'll be Tories.

• Labour will be Reform.
  • Owen Jones will be the opposition, moping about the place.
  • I we're going to get someone useless in, and we are, I'd rather we go full hog and get someone funny. Maybe an Elvis impersonator that always stays in the role, says "Uh huh huh" to everything and gyrating his hips while talking about Gaza. He could wink and pout at Mordaunt while taking questions on child poverty.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Starmer’s glasses get progressively more wacky throughout the five years - from sensible specs, to ones that light up, Dame Edna Everage ones, the type Elton John wore in Tommy … until by the end Starmer’s glasses are so unwieldy & heavy he can’t even lift his head to answer PMQ’s and has to campaign for reelection with his head scraping the floor or parked on a separate plinth (during speeches).

“Conference, I want to tell you … these glasses are killing me, dear God I feel like my neck could snap at any given moment. The pain is unbearable. But conference, listen - as my father, who was a toolmaker, once said…”
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Welp, there's the actual conspiracy answer - Kate Middleton has cancer.
  • Shame that. I’m no monarchist, but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Fuck cancer!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Fucking hell. That's awful :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is that true? It’ll break the Daily Mail and the Telegraph. Absolutely break them.
  • Or they'll feed off it for the next two years.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • No, this means they can’t say anything bad about her for the next god knows how long. She’s practically a saint now to their readers. She could get away with anything. She could take up leadership of the Labour Party and they’d still have to be nice about her.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They can just be mean about Megan instead.
  • The whole wouldn't wish cancer on anyone line is weird imo, like surely there are some people you'd wish cancer on, like that lost prophets guy or one of the dictators.

Kate isn't in that group of people at all, and I'm a Republican, but the 'I wouldn't wish it on anyone' is nonsense.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you had anyone close to you go through it?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    The whole wouldn't wish cancer on anyone line is weird imo, like surely there are some people you'd wish cancer on, like that lost prophets guy or one of the dictators.

Kate isn't in that group of people at all, and I'm a Republican, but the 'I wouldn't wish it on anyone' is nonsense.

There's a world of a difference between wishing some arseholes away and wishing cancer on them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Weird take but happy to see the conclusion for the lols

I go into oncology wards daily. They are not fun places, obvious medical treatment privilege aside, on her part.
  • Apologies it wasn't a good take considering impacts it's had on folks here. I do think it's odd when some people are happy to see x criminal get some kind of comeuppance but cancer is a line. I'll accept I'm in the wrong though. And yes my dad died of cancer after a long battle.
  • What a prick
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Apologies it wasn't a good take considering impacts it's had on folks here. I do think it's odd when some people are happy to see x criminal get some kind of comeuppance but cancer is a line. I'll accept I'm in the wrong though. And yes my dad died of cancer after a long battle.

No need to apologize, I just find it interesting to see someone who's went through it say that. It's definitely a line for me having gone through a taste of it with Nate, I'll add MND and dementia to the list. There's a soul sucking aspect to them that goes above and beyond cutting someone's heart out with a rusty spoon or bludgeoning them to death with a claw hammer. I can get behind those
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can understand the anger of wanting a vile figure to suffer. I really can. But what makes you better than them in a great many cases is empathy, or rather their lack of it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I can understand the anger of wanting a vile figure to suffer. I really can. But what makes you better than them in a great many cases is empathy, or rather their lack of it.

Well said.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    davyK wrote:

It’s easy to say that from a point of safety within a peaceful society with relatively strong rule of law when the idea of an evil person causing harm is just an abstract idea instead of something that has actually happened to you or to the people that you love.

If somebody did something bad to you, you wouldn’t harm them in return but that’s because you would engage a massive system of criminal justice centuries in the making that everyone in your society is invested in, including financially via taxes, not necessarily because you’re an intrinsically nice person. And the wealth that would helping that system gear up into action would be there partly because of your ancestors doing terrible, terrible things to other people around the world.

Before modern criminal justice systems, the deterrent from doing bad stuff to people and the justice for people doing bad stuff would have had to been provided via violence through blood feuds etc. Were the people that engaged in that truly worse people than us or just people like us trying to live peaceful lives with the limited - for them even more limited - resources available to us?

Even today, you have the leaders of countries committing terrible atrocities with little done to stop them by the international community, lawless areas where people struggle to obtain justice for severe crimes like murder and rape and even in our own society many crimes for which justice cannot ever be provided simply because those crimes didn’t generate a sufficient evidence trail.

It’s easy for us to talk about empathy and being the better person but in reality the ability to cause suffering to a wrongdoer by will alone would actually be a powerful tool for justice for many people throughout history and even for a great many people today for whom formal justice is not an option.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • They can just be mean about Megan instead.
    The Express has published 16 anti-Megan articles since the news broke last night.
    Spoiler:
    https://x.com/edwinhayward/status/1771487887852192187?s=20
  • The Megan hatred is just bizarre. Entire newspaper organisations constantly negging one individual. Is it racism? Anti-Americanism? Hatred of women in general? I remain bemused.
  • All of the above, innit. But primarily racism and misogyny.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    All of the above, innit. But primarily racism and misogyny.

But I think mostly Harry has said fuck you to them and now they want eternal revenge.
  • I thought the fuck you largely came because of all the vitriol towards her?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I thought the fuck you largely came because of all the vitriol towards her?

Maybe the straw, but all the phone hacking and hounding his mother to literal death was the rest of the bale.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!