The British Politics Thread
  • If it weren’t for someone pointing it out, I’d have missed it, lol.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Haha!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • If it weren’t for someone pointing it out, I’d have missed it, lol.

I’m glad you said that, I totally missed it!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Go on then. Explain it for the politically challenged like me please.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • First letter of each line
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Read down the first letter of each line of the poem, very childish, but it made laugh that he replied to her tweet.
  • Hahaha. Very good.
    Come with g if you want to live...

• My money's on it having come out that
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Of all the conspiracy theories on the internet I've managed to avoid, why did a royal fucking family one end up sucking me in?
    That's not her right? RIGHT??? I'm not sure it's even him.
    3framM7.jpeg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sorry but I'd love a bit of Penny.

Well.... more than a bit. A lovely woman.

She needs to keep her powder dry until after the GE. The second coming wouldn't matter now.

No idea what her views are but she has been quiet. I'd give her more than one notwithstanding. I love that dishevelled look she rocks. She's magnificent. As good a voting criteria as any today. Yum.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh... and fuck William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan. Who gives a tinker's cuss about them?
  • That's your liege lord you're talking about.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have you seen the private eye cover? They have pasted Andrew into that pic. Genius.
  • monkey wrote:
    Of all the conspiracy theories on the internet I've managed to avoid, why did a royal fucking family one end up sucking me in?
    That's not her right? RIGHT??? I'm not sure it's even him.
    3framM7.jpeg

Looks nothing like her there
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It’s all slightly bizarre, you’d think a well oiled PR machine like the Palace wouldn’t put out an obvious dodgy photoshop like they did before, and now some fuzzy indistinct video stills that look like Wills ‘n’ Kate lookalikes rehearsing for a parody sketch (I know this was released by news agencies rather than the Royals).

I’ve never heard of a medical condition where a doctor says: “and of course you’ll be unable to be photographed for the next few months after this…”

I don’t really care, but it is somewhat intriguing - as intriguing as the lives of these people can be, sex trafficked teenagers aside.

(There are other stills from that vid floating around where it does look a good deal more like her)
  • Very likely is there's not much to see here. They're used to putting out statements like "The Duke of Edinburgh is in hospital for a routine procedure and expects to return to his duties in due course" and no one cares. So the level of intrusiveness isn't something they know how to deal with. They thought chucking out a normal, touched up PR pic would do the job. It just added to the chaos. Now they've given up. That vid of her walking is (I think) some lookalikes staged by some paparazzi to make a quick buck. The tabs have run with it also to make a quick buck.

The furore seems, I hesitate to say the word important, but different. Like AI, collapse of trust in institutions, hollowing out of reliable journalism, deterioration in the quality of social networks, and and too many people being too online has created something over and above a normal internet conspiracy. The truth has melted and people have lost their minds.
  • Grown man needs to be dressed by another grown man and it's our fault for daring to look at him.
    dQElUiu.png
  • William turning up at the first post-butler event with shoes on his hands.

“The new guy’ll take some bedding in.”
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might get a valet
  • It's nothing short of essential.
  • How far do they go? Do they pick out your pants? Does William step into his trousers and the butler pulls them up? Or does he lie on the bed, legs in the air?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Maybe William is thinking "Fuck, Harry was right about these cunts".

You'd though he'd have learnt after the treatment his mother got.
  • Yup. the UK press is long overdue having massive legislation brought in against it. Kick Murdoch out the country and preferably down some stairs.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • When you have to live your live making sure you keep a media mogul happy so they don't turn on you, it shows how messed up the UK press is. And so part of me hopes William is getting angry about how they are treating his wife.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Enough keep buying the papers. That's the problem.

They can influence but ultimately they reflect the worst in us.
  • This fucking country.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hmrc-permanently-close-helpline-phone-tax-summer-kfb7qrdq7
    HM Revenue & Customs will permanently close its self-assessment helpline for half the year, leaving some taxpayers unable to speak to the tax authority on the phone.

The phone line will be closed between April and September each year and open only to taxpayers with “priority queries” between October and March. All other callers will be directed to HMRC’s web services — an unpopular alternative with some professionals and the public, especially those who struggle online.

It follows a series of trials by the taxman last year in which it closed or restricted its self-assessment helpline as it struggled to cope with a mounting workload. It was criticised for giving only two working days’ notice of the closure last summer.
    HMRC said that last year’s seasonal trial had been successful and that taxpayers unable to access its online services could speak with their extra support teams throughout the year.

I haven't had to phone them this year thank god. But I had to last year, during the "successful trial". I phoned them up, it went straight to an automated message saying "fuck you we're busy, try the website." then the line went dead. That lasted from Jan until tax year end. The website, surprise surprise, was fuck all help.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    davyK wrote:

You’ve read the Paul Marshall story right?
  • https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2024-03-20/government-asylum-housing-plans-to-cost-millions-more-than-hotels-watchdog
    Government plans for asylum accommodation, like the Bibby Stockholm barge in Dorset, will cost tens of millions of pounds more than using hotels, with flagship sites housing hundreds fewer migrants than planned, Whitehall’s spending watchdog has found.

The National Audit Office (NAO) said the Home Office expects to spend £1.2 billion on housing asylum seekers in large accommodation sites and latest estimates suggest they will cost £46 million more than using hotels.

By the end of March, the department expects to have spent at least £230 million developing four major projects – the Bibby Stockholm barge in Portland, Dorset, the former RAF bases at Scampton in Lincolnshire and Wethersfield in Essex, and ex-student accommodation in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    davyK wrote:

You’ve read the Paul Marshall story right?

Nope. Know who he is. What's your angle?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!