Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    From that thread:

"Social construct. I reckon marriage was initially invented in patriarchal societies to control women."

Oh boy oh boy.
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I love when people say X is a social construct, as if somehow the truth of the assertion might allow the not to do / to oppose or to ignore X. X could be: Law, Ethics, the state, obligation, morality, duty, promise, money, debt, assets, home ownership, grammar, family, race, sexuality, gender...
    "Your bleeding-heart, leftie liberal language is a social construct so I defy you and adfgajkl sadflkjh@sdf'#34 sdf;jklegahl;n3490u 3nsd."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I am very much looking forward to using waste pipe in my next rage fit.

Well, the best rage quit is an "emptying yuor waste pipe on the bosses desk" rage quit
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • All is malleable.
  • Genuine thread on gaf today:

"Is monogamy a social construct"

With a full post about how people in relationships are lying to themselves because animals fuck multile other animals or some shitey bollocks. Just die in a fire bro.

EDIT: There we go:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345729

Aka I cheated and now I have to vindicate it.

I once read about a baby swan that had to be rescued because the alpha swan in the area (presumably the dad) was gonna kill it on account of it becoming the age where it might be a potential rival.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    All is malleable.

But still, more waste pipes.
  • I think monogamy is nice. Whoever has the energy for several at once, well, good luck.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Shitgibbons know the score.
  • This is interesting. Report on how seemingly Russian based fake twitter accounts are suddenly trying to influence the Stoke Central By-Election.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kremlin correctly identifying ukip as a shill for stopping corbyn /leftist labour from challenging Tory hegemony, that is all.
  • (naturally having corbo / leftists in charge of labour helps ruasia due to natural American and NATO skepticism).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Monday, 13 April 2015 was a typical day in modern British politics. An Oxford University graduate in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), Ed Miliband, launched the Labour party’s general election manifesto. It was examined by the BBC’s political editor, Oxford PPE graduate Nick Robinson, by the BBC’s economics editor, Oxford PPE graduate Robert Peston, and by the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Oxford PPE graduate Paul Johnson. It was criticised by the prime minister, Oxford PPE graduate David Cameron. It was defended by the Labour shadow chancellor, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Balls.

Elsewhere in the country, with the election three weeks away, the Liberal Democrat chief secretary to the Treasury, Oxford PPE graduate Danny Alexander, was preparing to visit Kingston and Surbiton, a vulnerable London seat held by a fellow Lib Dem minister, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Davey. In Kent, one of Ukip’s two MPs, Oxford PPE graduate Mark Reckless, was campaigning in his constituency, Rochester and Strood. Comments on the day’s developments were being posted online by Michael Crick, Oxford PPE graduate and political correspondent of Channel 4 News.

On the BBC Radio 4 website, the Financial Times statistics expert and Oxford PPE graduate Tim Harford presented his first election podcast. On BBC1, Oxford PPE graduate and Newsnight presenter Evan Davies conducted the first of a series of interviews with party leaders. In the print media, there was an election special in the Economist magazine, edited by Oxford PPE graduate Zanny Minton-Beddoes; a clutch of election articles in the political magazine Prospect, edited by Oxford PPE graduate Bronwen Maddox; an election column in the Guardian by Oxford PPE graduate Simon Jenkins; and more election coverage in the Times and the Sun, whose proprietor, Rupert Murdoch, studied PPE at Oxford.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/feb/23/ppe-oxford-university-degree-that-rules-britain
  • It's a shit degree as well
  • Although it does seem to have benefits for your career.

It is staggering how inbred politics in this country actually is (this isn't a call for some UKIP-style 'ordinary Brit bloke' takeover btw).
  • He's got to go now, right?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I doubt it. Bielections are rarely that meaningful.
  • This one is monumental is demonstrating just how far people have turned against Corbyn's Labour. They literally have zero chance in a GE now. There's not even an argument they could somehow get a coalition together.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I get that. I'm not sure he'll get that. There'll be mutterings but I'm not convinced they'll amount to that much given what he's been through already. We'll see, you may be right.
  • We'll see what Unite say but here we are facing Tory rule until 2025 unless JC finds some honour.

I expect there are more Labour MPs thinking they might as well find a new job now rather than wait for deselection or defeat at the ballot box, so there may be more scope for further humiliation.

Labour is now officially dead as an opposition party.
  • I guess im the last Corbyn supporter here.

I accept he's a poor leader, but i still dont see anyone else proposing the sort of policies we need on housing/environment/transport etc. When that happens i'll reconsider.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    This one is monumental is demonstrating just how far people have turned against Corbyn's Labour good sense.

I'm not saying that someone else wouldn't do better than Corbyn, but I don't believe that anyone worth voting for could make a meaningful dent. Country's full of bignorance.

Might as well be Corbs:

M46Xvbl.gif

'Cause at least he'll go down properly, unlike the scavengers around him. He still has my vote.
  • I guess it helps to have a literal comicbook villain to sharpen one's fury against, but it's a pretty fucking miserable experience comparing US populus' responses to Trumpism to whatever the fuck's not happening in local activism. The stakes are just as fundamentally pish, but I don't see any of our town halls turning into energetic shoutathons or Nazis getting punched.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Corbyn's blaming 'disunity' for the defeat. The only real disunity I've seen recently is when he pushed MPs into an impossible position over article 50 with a three line whip.
  • I guess im the last Corbyn supporter here.

I accept he's a poor leader, but i still dont see anyone else proposing the sort of policies we need on housing/environment/transport etc. When that happens i'll reconsider.

He can have all the great policy ideas in the world, but it's totally pointless if he had no idea how to turn that into votes or lead his party. He's utterly fucking useless.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I guess im the last Corbyn supporter here.

Try the Greens. I'd argue that their policies are similar but more in tune with the modern world, plus they have about as much chance of winning a GE as Labour.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Also, the fucking gall of Harrison: ‘They want a party which is on the side of ordinary working people.’
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The three line whip over art. 50, regardless of whether Labour amendments were passed, just proves his lack of political nous. He could have put some real pressure on the process if he had said that he will only support the bill if his amendments are included. But he didn't. He did nothing. He has no ability to oppose anything.
  • WorKid wrote:
    He's got to go now, right?

He probably won't, because there isn't really a leader in waiting. I think if Corbyn went now, we're still facing a Tory government in 2020. We're basically in a hopeless situation. The only chance we have is that the Tories look likely to seriously fuck up the Brexit process.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    He has no ability to oppose anything.

Labour need working-class votes to stand a chance, so no-one has that ability.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!