The British Politics Thread
  • Gosh we are gonna be so fucked once we sign the US trade deal. Fuck
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yeah all this talk of what's "on the table" is probably the most scared I've been by politics in a long, long time. How May never bat an eyelid. Fuck.
  • It's fine. Loads of potential Tory leaders have ruled out selling the NHS to a foreign country. They've been very forceful about it. The issue is whether US companies will be able to provide NHS services of course but don't worry because they've ruled out some strawman that sounds a bit like it. 

Meanwhile, Chukka Umunna seems to be in the process of relaunching, erm, himself. Behold, The Alternative. 
    D8OkBfdXoAAGJNb.jpg

Sooner or later he's bound the find the right vehicle for his particular blend of talents. Not Labour, not Tory, for some reason Change UK and the Lib Dems aren't equipped to contain his awesomeness. He can't just stand as an independent because this is Chukka Umunna we're talking about. Not a man, a movement.
  • I'm revising my 'No deal won't happen' view now, mainly because I haven't got a clue what might happen. Whoever wins the Tory Biggest Arsehole Contest will almost definitely be someone who has committed to leaving the EU by the 31st October and not by tweaking the WA. The only way that's happening is crashing out. Which Parliament will try and get in the way of. October is going to be chaos. And November will be fuck knows what. There won't be a government either way by the end of the year. Genuinely I don't think there will be much of a Tory party left by 2020. Which would be good news if they weren't also the actual government. 

Rough predicto: Parliament dissolves itself for an election. I've got no idea if they can deal with the EU directly to get an extension for that and I don't know if anyone else has either.
  • Utter fucking joke, chuka umunna. Shame on him.
  • Hey, remember when Corbo lost Liv's vote cos he didn't wait in line with this dude? I remember. I remember and I weep real teara
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m not even sure it goes that deep with Trump. Corbyn criticised him and Trump can’t take criticism, that’s about all there is to it.

Also, this is Trump's way of letting Corbo know that this is not his Brexit, even if he's playing along. The will of the people eh Jeremy? That's what you get for not playing opposition and letting Leavers like Boris and Farage own the narrative.

And make no mistake, Corbyn and Labor do not control the narrative. Brexit belongs to the Brexiteers and the Tories and some of them are going to get filthy rich selling off the country's assets. Trump's remarks are just a stark reminder he uses as incentive to spur them along. 'Hurry up little birds, untold riches are awaiting you at the end of the tunnel!' And Trump also scores parades, military salutes and a Royal gala as well. No-one wants to alienate the future nr1 business peer no?

Except perhaps Kahn and Corbyn (cough).
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Trump may have woke some leavers up about the reality of being alone.

Maybe not a lot but maybe enough.

Prisons would be another profit centre.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • He's walked back his NHS comments after every Tory Leadership candidate was forced to say they wouldn't sell off the NHS as it's electoral poison.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    After the US ambassador saying it would be up for discussion, I’m more inclined to believe Trump’s initial comments over the ones this morning.
  • Aye, Trump’s backtrack is his idea of PR spin. His initial comments about buying up the NHS were the real intention.
  • Malania really is astonishingly orange.
  • Melania
    Malania
    Malaria.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Trump goes into campaign mode next year - UK trade will be bottom of the pile in 2020.
  • It's definitely a parody, but equally at the same time now he's seen it it's quite likely to become reality.
  • I’m not sure all of the people interacting with it realise it’s a parody.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rory Stewart making a move then.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Macarena?
  • Finally learned how to hold a phone?
  • Dmkiv9v.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh.  Coming out and criticising the bolshy leavers. He's also talking about a citizen's forum but I'm not sure how that would be done as interesting a proposition as it is.

He's at least coming up with an approach - there has been very little of anyone doing that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    He’s been pushing this for a little while now, but yes, he seems to be pretty much the only candidate that so have seen who is approaching this remotely realistically. Unfortunately, the expectations of the Tory party, and especially the members, means that this is the precise thing which means that he is doomed.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye.  :(
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    All of a sudden Boris looks reasonable.

Dominic Raab would suspend parliament until after 31st Oct. What a fecking arsehole.
  • I mean if he tried he'd bring his Government down, so sure.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, he’s refused to rule it out, which is still insane.

Although, I did wonder if May’s comments today that she wouldn’t stand down until she was sure her successor had the confidence of Parliament was a way of being ready to block a move like this. Nobody planning to shut down Parliament until after we no deal would pass that bar.
  • Cunt knows he's a no-hoper, so he can basically say anything at this point and just enjoy the headlines.
  • Also nothing should drive home the ridiculous undemocratic nature of this contest more than a BBC-hosted hustings titled 'Our Next Prime Minister', with no invited audience on account of candidate fears that they'd all be booed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!