The British Politics Thread
  • That's beyond kink and bordering on mental health issues.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I don't think Salmond's claim that he believed they wanted a naked, drunken, sweaty Alex Salmond lying on top of them and licking them is going to stand up to close scutiny.

I forgot to include zombie.

• Everyone I know who ever worked with or for Alex Salmond said that he was the creepy uncle type. Handsy. Lecherous. Etc. None of the accusations came as a surprise.
  • Herd immunity.
    Except corona will have spread far and wide beyond the childeren long before they become immune lol. Oh Boris, you need to brush up on your pandemonia.....
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Seems like a fucking nuts strategy to me, get this wrong and it’s quite a legacy.
    Odd that mainland Europe has, largely, shut schools down but UK are taking a different path.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Seems like a fucking nuts strategy to me, get this wrong and it’s quite a legacy.
    Odd that mainland Europe has, largely, shut schools down but UK are taking a different path.

Brexit means brexit!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Maybe countries with a lot of land borders have to take a different approach. Maybe building up herd immunity in Schengen is impossible without vaccine. Maybe I’m just hoping that the worst, most ridiculous, mean spirited govt in British history is doing the right thing for its population.
  • It might help if they published what they were looking at. But maybe that’s just a route to mass panic anyway.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They are doing a good job of delaying it at least.113c1322-4202-4089-8ebd-9484f3423019.png
  • Well, there you go!
    Exponential growth.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Major change of strategy (see https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/new-data-new-policy-why-uks-coronavirus-strategy-has-changed)
    Not getting why they haven't closed the schools to this point

• It's probably to do with the mahooosive childcare issue this would cause.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They closed the pre-school by us, partly because of staff illness. So I bumped into one of the Dads in the supermarket and he's got to lead this little four year old round with him all day now, spreading her germs wherever she goes. He can't work and she's not any more protected or less infectious to anyone else. 

I'll be in the same boat when they close the schools. I've been working from home a lot for years now. Now the gf is almost completely transitioned to working from home. She's a pain in the arse to have hanging around. When the kid comes in, it's game over for my productivity, which wasn't fantastic to begin with.
  • Kids will spread germs far more in school rather than at home.
  • Probably but that's not the only issue. And you can't keep them in all day for weeks / months. My kid was off sick a couple of weeks ago and by day three she was insane. Jumping, screaming, crying, laughing, biting, a complete tornado of every human emotion all at once. They've got to use up their energy or it destroys them.
  • It does seem like a lot of people will have to use grandparents to look after small kids if the schools shut, which seems like a risk. Keeping older kids in the house just isn't realistic, it's going to be like the summer holidays, just without parents being off and a bit too cold to spend as much time at the park.
  • 27 staff already confirmed as being off tomorrow either because they’re already self-isolating or are in high risk groups.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • g.man wrote:
    It's probably to do with the mahooosive childcare issue this would cause.
    So don't have large gatherings but every day take your kid to a building with hundreds of others?
    My daughter's school (Switzerland) was shut from Friday, baw ache but hard to argue it's not the right thing

• The international school?
  • sorry meant a school in Switzerland

• That's cuckoo.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We have 1200 pupils at our school. Bonkers that that isn't a mass gathering.
  • Is the plague, sorry, Corona virus particularly virulent among school kids though? They're not super-spreaders or anything.

I have had 2 companies pull out of engagement with schools, and that was before this weeks latest guidance. 'Our head office has decided to ban its staff from working with 20 people or more'
    But we're not sending you into an old peoples home!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • How many places do you have hundreds of people together for hours at a time? Add to that children often being asymptomatic whilst being carriers, and schools are absolutely a massive risk.
  • g.man wrote:
    It's probably to do with the mahooosive childcare issue this would cause.

Yes. They should probably offer NHS-working parents some free school childcare though.
  • How many places do you have hundreds of people together for hours at a time? Add to that children often being asymptomatic whilst being carriers, and schools are absolutely a massive risk.

They want kids to get this thing. They want everyone to get this thing that aren't much of a risk of dying thenselves.

They want kids to get this thing. They want everyone to get this thing that aren't much of a risk of dying thenselves.

Unfortunately they are doing it on this island too, thanks to the north not being at least independent financially.

Idiotic fucking "tactic".

Wind Waker is a bad game
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    kneecap wrote:
    How many places do you have hundreds of people together for hours at a time? Add to that children often being asymptomatic whilst being carriers, and schools are absolutely a massive risk.

Unfortunately they are doing it on this island too, thanks to the north not being at least independent financially.

Idiotic fucking "tactic".

Unfortunately, the more people that get it, the more likely it is that the people that really don't want to get it will, and that the critical care requirements outstrip capacity. They aren't following the heard immunity model anymore.
  • yeah I thought the herd immunity approach had been ditched after only a couple of days hence why I am not getting schools remaining open

• The pound has dropped to its lowest since 1985, so that is the lowest in my lifetime.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!