Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Taking all bets. Giving good odds. Strike while the iron's hot.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Since both have ruled out sequels anytime soon and instead said they will go down the DLC route, slim to none, and slim just left town.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Since both have ruled out sequels anytime soon and instead said they will go down the DLC route, slim to none, and slim just left town.

Exactly what they said last time.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I don't remember them ever saying that to be honest. I can't begin to imagine why Activision would have said it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm quite sure that once stuff like Xbox Live was in place, there was a massive fanfare that you'd never have to buy another Plastic Instrument Game again, because you could just download the tracks from now unto eternity. Then they shat out endless sequels and spin offs. I'd love to see Plastic Instrument Games become a platform, like they were going to be last time, I just doubt it'll happen.
  • Rock Band 3 became a platform.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think that when they tried to evolve them, they made them too hard and too complex, and the fun kinda disappeared.

It's a simple party game and just needs great songs, the illusion that you are actually playing, and a score.
  • It is happening again?
  • Not in my yard it's not.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Not in any of our yards I'd hope. Muggism must be resisted in 2015.
  • I don't see what the problem with it is at all. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Beatles Rockband is a beautiful thing. I don't think of it as a game - more a lovely plaything.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I don't want anyone else buying it either. We're all in this together.
  • davyK wrote:
    Beatles Rockband is a beautiful thing. I don't think of it as a game - more a lovely plaything.
    Agreed. Love it.
  • If RB4 defo has last gen instrument compatibility - I'm in for sure.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Rock Band 3 became a platform.

Ah yes, I remember them releasing some more tracks for it just last week. :P
    I don't see what the problem with it is at all. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I like the idea - I'd still love copies of Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero Metallica - but the execution was so cynical and focused on short-term profit that it milked the joy out of the experience. I hope things'll be different this time around, I just doubt it. In the mean time, I'll be doing exactly what you suggest and not touching plastic instrument games with a ten foot bargepole.
  • Guitar Hero Metallica is the only game I've ever booked the day off work to play on launch. Best GH.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Did you play each song to the end or skip to the next one 30 seconds in? ;)
  • I liked Rocksmith. That was a cool tool.
  • Mad Catz co-publishing Rock Band 4 !

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-21-mad-catz-co-publishing-rock-band-4

Is it me being cynical, with them making the new peripherals - are they going to say last gen instruments won't be compatible now ?
  • I thought they will be backwards compatible. But the question will be will the old controllers be forward compatible.

Like rb4 on 360 will work with rb3 controllers but rb3 controllers were never designed to work on xbone or ps4. We've seen that ps3 racing wheels don't work on ps4 because of a lack of an Id chIp.
  • Reposted from FTAGH:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone for the PS3 guitar and three games?  One is the Beatles one, the other two are Rock or Band.  Only 80% sure I know where the dongle is but it shouldn't be hard to find.  Would be too big to slip out with the post room stuff at work, so postage would have to be covered.

Dongle has been located btw.
  • I thought they will be backwards compatible. But the question will be will the old controllers be forward compatible.

Like rb4 on 360 will work with rb3 controllers but rb3 controllers were never designed to work on xbone or ps4. We've seen that ps3 racing wheels don't work on ps4 because of a lack of an Id chIp.

They've said they'll try, but not confirmed as of yet
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    are they going to say last gen instruments won't be compatible now ?

I called it.

Looking further into my crystal ball: Rock Band 5 announced by the end of the year. Some of the DLC you bought for RB4 will be transferable, but not all, and it'll cost a fee. You'll need to buy a plastic accordion or the game won't run.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Mad Catz co-publishing Rock Band 4 ! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-21-mad-catz-co-publishing-rock-band-4 Is it me being cynical, with them making the new peripherals - are they going to say last gen instruments won't be compatible now ?

Mad Catz made the instruments for Rock Band 3, so this is hardly earth shattering news. They were always going to have to make new ones, because not everyone still has the old ones, and they are hard to find now.

So yes, it's you being cynical, and not really thinking it through - the more copies sold, the more money Mad Catz make. Having a lower entry point than Guitar Hero is a key point of differentiation, so they will be doing everything in their power to get Sony and Microsoft to allow the old instruments.
  • I have thought it through, surely if they're now co-publishing ( which they weren't last time) they'll put pressure on Harmonix to not make them compatible?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think getting people on side for yet more rock band is the priority this time round.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I think getting people on side for yet more rock band is the priority this time round.

You're probably right, but we're used to be being screwed over. If they work I'll be buying day one but if not, it's when they're on offer like I bought Beatles RB band for £60
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    You're probably right, but we're used to be being screwed over. If they work I'll be buying day one but if not, it's when they're on offer like I bought Beatles RB band for £60

Hence why I'm suggesting you'd not thought it through properly. They make money off every disc sold. They need people like you to buy it.
  • To be honest I'll be buying it either way.
    I'd prefer the existing kit to work (even if via dongle or something) but I would get it if they don't.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!