XCOM 2
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    How do I get a better supply line? Do I just contact more regions? Do I automatically get supplies every month then? I'm making progress just lack of supplies is hampering me building the proving ground, shadow chamber etc.
    Supply drop each month, contacting new regions, buying from black market, certain points of interest you scan.

Also, you can re-scan regions you've already contacted to increase the amount they give you each month.
  • I've played quite a bit more on Easy and perhaps predictably it's now become too easy. I haven't lost anyone all game and only had the odd injury here and there. Got a whole squad of high ranking characters.

Really not sure whether to go on or start yet again in Normal. Feel I should see it through, but It's kind of repetitive without the challenge as you can pretty much ambush every group of enemies that arrives.
  • I'm finding easy a little too easy as well, but im gonna see it through to get an idea of what suprises the game throws at you, then a higher difficulty ironman.

Saying that i did have a mission on easy described as difficult. Got complacent and lost 3 squad members.

It never occurred to me to re-scan a region.
  • This is so good.

Playing on Normal but no Ironman and quite far in now.

**Mild Spoilers**

Thought I was in trouble when the Avatar project bar filled, but just managed to do a key mission and a key task in time and now it's been reduced by 5 points. Breathing room.

After that I've just had to defend the Avenger after a UFO caught up with us. Ended up with 10 troops legging it back to the ramp with the enemy mounting up. 7 injured but no dead. But what a fantastic mission.
  • Some of the random guerilla missions are tough especially when the fecking giant robot (xcom2's ed-209 frm robocop) turns up. Thats a bastard to kill. It decimated my squad and it's health bar is ridiculous.

Agree it's an awesome game.
  • Fuck, resource management on this is a pain in the arse. Can't attack a red site in usa cause I don't have enough Intel and the counter is near to completion. Found a red site in Australia that I could attack as I met the Intel requirements and did that instead.

Unfortunately had to sacrifice a solider on a suicide mission to go plant some c4. There was no way in hell he was ever gonna get out with TWO sectopods engaging him. I hate those things. Stupidly none of my grenadiers have Shred Armour perk so it's just stupidly tough.

I felt like a jerk when the site blew up with my kamakaze solider bleeding out on the floor, his team having evac'd a turn before.
  • Are you on PS4?

Have to say, as much as I like the game and am playing the shit out of it, the loading times and framerate are terrible. Needs a patch badly.
  • Yeh on PS4, loading times are a dog. Keep your own save files to a minimum to reduce loading times. I only have two save files throughout not including autosave files. Honestly cant understand what takes so long to load as its a turn based game.
  • I'm not sure it makes a difference. Had a quick read around and people seem to be saying that the times get worse the further into the game you are.

It's seriously bad now, especially when returning from missions. Getting close to about 5 minutes.
  • I don't understand what's happening behind the scenes to make it so sloooow.

I have a shadow chamber project which I can't start. It says ALL other shadow chamber projects must be completed before this one can begin. I take it the project I can't start is the endgame?!?

Also I have a psi ops lab but can't put any soliders in psi ops training? Can I beat end game without any psi ops guys?
  • I've only just got a psi-ops guy, out on his first mission atm. You can put any rookie in the psi lab. Recruit a new one if you don't have any.

I'm also at the same stage with shadow projects and have no other research left to do. I assume I just have to go around and do the remaining alien facility missions and connect with the last 4 or 5 areas and something will happen. Don't think there's anything else left to do.
  • I have one blacksite left and 1 redsite left to destroy. I think by doing both i will trigger the end game. On xcom1 i screwed myself by getting to the end without a psi ops solider and couldnt do the last mission. Dont want that to happen again. I will recruit a grunt or two and throw them in the psi ops lab.
  • Had another look at the shadow project and found out I'd missed something.
    Spoiler:
  • On to the finale.

Did the first part, which is followed by a cutscene and then... a blank screen. Restarted, loaded by last save and did it again, and exactly the same thing. This time I thought I'd wait longer, and after 10+ minutes the same cutscene plays through again and then finally it moves on to the post-mission screen.

Did some searching online and apparently this is not unusual. Great stuff.
  • Cheers for heads up. I'm close to finale as well. I don't think they will patch the game. On pc it sold 1 million plus. On console I think it's a quarter of that amount. Hence not a big enough user base to patch. Shame really, more people should give this a go. It's excellent.
  • I'm getting it and it's already just under £23 but too many games to play . Should've been released earlier or early next year
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Started this yesterday and it's absolutely excellent, loving it.
  • It is excellent. But the piss poor quality of the conversion grinds you down over time (on console).

I think I'm right at the end now, but the game is barely managing to function at all. Constant slow down and temporary freezes. And another glitch has emerged that I hope won't just fuck up the whole thing.
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Piss poor conversion? It was glitchy and shoddy as fuck on the pc when it came out too. It's marginally better now.
  • I don't know TBH. I assumed it was mostly fine on PC now.

Besides, even if they just had the exact same bugs on the console version I'd hardly count it as a good conversion.
  • Finished it now anyway. Tough last section where the games struggled to keep up with all that was going on, but it just about made it.
  • The combination of different character abilities in the latter stages was great fun though. It's amazing how much damage you can do sometimes. Reaper mode for the ranger is one of the better ones. Managed to set 'Knuckles' up for 4 kills in one turn on this occasion:
    Spoiler:
  • Kow wrote:
    I believe the fashion here was to name all your team after forum members and then tell us all how we died. That was entertaining reading.
    Kow wrote:
    Gman was the worst support ever - never hit a single thing, always panicked and ran away.
    Sounds legit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm playing on Ironman and got my first crash tonight, that was scarier than any of the missions so far.
  • g.man wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    I believe the fashion here was to name all your team after forum members and then tell us all how we died. That was entertaining reading.
    Kow wrote:
    Gman was the worst support ever - never hit a single thing, always panicked and ran away.
    Sounds legit.

Funnily enough you did great for me on X-Com reboot OG. It was a while ago now but I remember you having some kind of RPG and you owned aliens left and right. I seem to remember you dying after firing a rocket in the middle of a petrol station...
  • Been playing an Ironman game on Commander difficulty. It was all going very well for quite a while. Hadn't lost any soldiers and thought I was making progress at a decent rate.

But the Avatar project has been progressing too fast and is already at its limit. Then two of my best guys got wasted on one mission, and suddenly it's not looking so rosy. Have now had to do a key mission with an under strength squad just to keep going. The end could well be nigh.
  • g.man wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Sounds legit.
    Funnily enough you did great for me on X-Com reboot OG. It was a while ago now but I remember you having some kind of RPG and you owned aliens left and right. I seem to remember you dying after firing a rocket in the middle of a petrol station...
    Yeah, that sounds like the sort of thing I'd be likely to do. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Which has got the shorter loading times, PS4 or Xbone? Quit playing the first game because of that and really don't want to go through it again..
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I think both versions have the memory leak problem which makes the loading times longer the further you get (up to about 6 mins after a mission by the end). I can only confirm it for the PS4 version though.
  • Dealbreaker for me that.  Neverending loading screens just crucified the experience last time around. Pity.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!