Super Mario World (SNES) - Your memories...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I actually have 3x96 save files on my SNES cart, and you can't copy game files. I really know this game like the back of my hand
  • I haven't played some recent platformers like Shovel Knight but it was easily the best 2D platformer for a couple of decades.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • My idiot mates thinking Sonic was better.
  • Lololololol
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    My idiot former mates thinking Sonic was better.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I actually have 3x96 save files on my SNES cart, and you can't copy game files. I really know this game like the back of my hand
    I definitely did 96 more than once. I also worked out the shortest route to finishing the game, which I think was about 11 levels. The trick was to not even go to the first switch palace, then get straight to the star road.

I still played Mario 64 more though. All 4 slots at 120 stars, and collected all the coins on most levels.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think World is the only one I've fully completed. I do have an urge to redo it fully, but also do the same on galaxies / 3dw. Suspect that won't all be happening any time too soon though....
  • I wrote a list of things I love about this game and it failed to post :(
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm going to start it again soon and I have a few options:

- Japanese Super Famicom
    This is my ideal option but the only setback is that I'll need to run it on my LED TV which I can only imagine is going to look horrific.

- SNES Emulator on Mac + SNES USB pad
    Probably the best option 'visually' but I'm never a big fan of sitting in front of my computer to play games.

Alternatives are Buy a Wii / Rasberry Pi / Retron thingy.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How do you see how many levels you've done? Does the save game tell you? Can't remember.
  • WorKid wrote:
    My idiot mates thinking Sonic was better.

This. I had a snes growing up, so biased. But I can't see how anyone thought things on megadrive were better than this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    * waits for nana and yoss *
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    How do you see how many levels you've done? Does the save game tell you? Can't remember.

Yep when you press start.

When it's complete it says 96 and changes to blue.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    * waits for nana and yoss and tigerswiftly*
  • danclarke wrote:
    I'm going to start it again soon and I have a few options:

- Japanese Super Famicom
    This is my ideal option but the only setback is that I'll need to run it on my LED TV which I can only imagine is going to look horrific.

- SNES Emulator on Mac + SNES USB pad
    Probably the best option 'visually' but I'm never a big fan of sitting in front of my computer to play games.

Alternatives are Buy a Wii / Rasberry Pi / Retron thingy.

If you have a big enough collection of NES/SNES/MD/GB then get a retron5, you won't regret it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Remember there aren't 96 levels - there are 96 exits. SMW actually has less levels than SMB3.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I wrote a list of things I love about this game and it failed to post :(

Was it this?
    mk64 wrote:
    First Switch Palace.. hang on a minute, i’ve just arrived on a level with an ! (warning?) but I go in and there are more coins than I can shake a leg at! How many can I get in 12 seconds? (or however long it lasts!) When traversing through the map on a waterlevel and you just see marios head The music in forest of illusion Jumping with yoshi and then jumping off yoshi really high to get to secret places (normally where a key & keyhole is) Different yoshi’s but also how rubbish I found yellow yoshi compared to blue and red That one ghost house looking secret level which gives you a shit load of power ups, if big gives you two flowers, two feathers and yoshi. Going back to that level at any time when a level was getting too hard further in the game.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah wrong thread. Unless double posted.
  • danclarke wrote:
    I'm going to start it again soon and I have a few options: - Japanese Super Famicom This is my ideal option but the only setback is that I'll need to run it on my LED TV which I can only imagine is going to look horrific. - SNES Emulator on Mac + SNES USB pad Probably the best option 'visually' but I'm never a big fan of sitting in front of my computer to play games. Alternatives are Buy a Wii / Rasberry Pi / Retron thingy.
    If you have a big enough collection of NES/SNES/MD/GB then get a retron5, you won't regret it.

I literally have a Japanese copy of Super Mario World and nothing else.
  • You not got a way to connect your comp to your tv?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    You not got a way to connect your comp to your tv?

Yeah but I'm not looking forward to how it's going look...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So how do star counts working on the different Marios then?
     SMB1-3: n/a (?)
     SMW: Exits (some levels have multiple)
     SM64: Stars, multiple on each level, level ends when you get one?  
     SMG1: Multiple versions of each level, one star for each
     SMG2: As SMG1, then green star shizzle on top?  Aren't there things you collect along the level too?
     NSBU: As SMW
     SM3DW: Green stars throughout the level.  (Do any have multiple exits??)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll answer 3DW - there are multiple exits but they only count as warps. Not towards stamps etc
  • On 64 there are 15 courses, each with 6 different objectives, each of which gives you a star. You choose an objective at the beginning of the level, which can alter the course, making some of the other objectives inaccessible on that go. You also get a star for collecting 100 coins on each, so that's 7x15=105.

The other 15 are dotted around the castle and bonus areas.
  • Sm64 is some essay on length of game with brutal efficency
  • Snes mini. Pad sucks game still rocks
    The Forum Herald™
  • ...I’ve never really played Super Mario world. I love bros, 2 and 3 growing up, but owned a megadrive and never a SNES. I’ve owned world on GBA, wii VC, 3DS, SNES mini, and still not got past the first few levels.

I have no idea why but I just can’t get into it.

Edit: actually last time I tried to get into it on 3DS I played every level on 3 instead. Must be a ‘you had to be there’ thing?
  • Not sure why this popped up but I will happily pay for a switch version with no extras / upgrades. It's a perfect game for me with wonderful gameplay, beautiful soundtrack and while the graphics are only ok even for the time, they suit it perfectly.

Ten on ten.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Still best 2D platformer ever.
  • Aye, keep at it CJB. I sort of know what you mean. It is a bit slow at introducing mechanics. You'll be grateful later. Seriously, keep playing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!