Nintendo Switch
  • I was just looking at that. Great idea.
  • Tbf the new Yoshi Switch game with its card board cut out style is a perfect fot for this Labo stuff.
    PSN - minkymu
  • The potential for tie-ins with future games is pretty huge. Limited edition Mario with LABO attachment in the box, etc …
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    So that's one of their big releases for the year...

What about the rest of us?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • That's exactly what they shouldn't do.

I have no problem with things like this existing but I also have fuck all interest.

If I have to buy cardboard to play the new Yoshi game they can get fucked.

It looks cool and I hope it does well but ffs Nintendo don't force this on people.

Make it a Guitar Hero not a Kinect.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I have no problem with things like this existing but I also have fuck all interest.

This.

On Kinect though, it's a real shame that flopped.
    It was such a forward thinking idea.
  • If I have to buy cardboard to play the new Yoshi game they can get fucked. It looks cool and I hope it does well but ffs Nintendo don't force this on people.

Why would they force it on anyone? I’m just imagining ways Ninty could extend this LABO brand now that they’ve introduced it. 

It’s not like it requires any extra hardware, accessories, etc. Any bit of LABO cardboard just works with the Switch you already have. It’s tied in through software, not hardware.

Buy Yoshi, play Yoshi. Or buy Yoshi LABO Edition, get some bits of cardboard with it that can be used to interact with the game in extra ways, or that unlock extras in-game. No big deal. No skin off the nose of anyone who buys the normal edition.

Or buy Yoshi and enjoy it, then find out you can buy the latest issue of Nintendo Magazine and get a free bit of cardboard that interacts with your existing game. Again, no skin off the nose of people who don’t buy the mag.
  • The share price likes da cardboard.
  • If im honest I think the only mistake is realising it in April. Unless they have a follow up game for xmas.
    This would be the hot toy for xmas 2018 if released a bit later.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    While I'm dubious about this cardboard thing (I mean, I like it, but I'm not weighing up a preorder), the piano rig is a gamechanger...

Had no idea that the IR sensor in the joycon was so freaking sensitive...
    Wonder what else can be done with it...
  • Y’know, this Labo thing is really a next gen Let’s Tap.
  • Dandara has a release date on the Eshop, and a price.  06/02 iirc, £13.49. @hylian_elf.
  • poprock wrote:
    If I have to buy cardboard to play the new Yoshi game they can get fucked. It looks cool and I hope it does well but ffs Nintendo don't force this on people.

It’s not like it requires any extra hardware, accessories, etc. Any bit of LABO cardboard just works with the Switch you already have. It’s tied in through software, not hardware.

The LABO is the accessories and costs a fucking fortune for what it is.

poprock wrote:
    Buy Yoshi, play Yoshi. Or buy Yoshi LABO Edition, get some bits of cardboard with it that can be used to interact with the game in extra ways, or that unlock extras in-game. No big deal. No skin off the nose of anyone who buys the normal edition. 

So I lose out on content if I don't buy the LABO edition. That's kind of a big deal and exactly what I'm getting at, buy buying the normal edition I do lose out.

poprock wrote:
    Or buy Yoshi and enjoy it, then find out you can buy the latest issue of Nintendo Magazine and get a free bit of cardboard that interacts with your existing game. Again, no skin off the nose of people who don’t buy the mag.

Mags don't exist anymore.

Like I said, make specific SW for this, don't make it a part of standard games. People got fed up with motion controls on the Wii, just look at the sales of Skyward Sword. Kinect was forced upon people that had no interest and it affected the XOne massively in the long run.

Nintendo have just won a part of the gaming crowd back, I just hope they don't start alienating them again because of this.

Again, I don't hate the concept. Just don't integrate it into software that doesn't need it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You don't want to miss out on software you don't want?

It's just gonna be like amiibos again, but cardboard. Get prepared for a couple of years being disappointed I reckon.
  • Amiibos didn't affect gameplay though, it was more like overly expensive DLC with a chunk of plastic.

If I have to build a lego set just to get 10 moons in Oddysey 2 I'd consider that it being forced upon me, and I'd be missing out on content of a game I'd enjoy.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Maybe wait until that actually happens before getting angry about it happening.
  • I'm not angry, people were stating at the top of this page that it would be cool to integrate it into game XYZ.

I'm just saying they shouldn't do that, there's many a gamer that have no interest in this, waggle etc.

There's also plenty of gamers that do like that, good luck to them. Make an exclusive Mario game that's built from the ground up for it, I'm sure it'll be good and people will love it.

Just keep it separate is all I'm suggesting, keep everyone happy.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Atm yes, I hope it stays that way.

On the flip side I'm sure the people who are up for this don't want it to be resorted to something that merely enhances or adds features to certain games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Dandara has a release date on the Eshop, and a price.  06/02 iirc, £13.49. @hylian_elf.

Yep. Saw that yesterday and was gonna post but thought it would get lost in all this talk about Labo. Will wait for reviews. But part of me wants to support such releases anyway by buying.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Maybe wait until that actually happens before getting angry about it happening.

You must be new to the internet... Hope you enjoy your stay.

A handy guide can be found here:
    http://www.google.com

x
  • Oxenfree is 3.99 - 75% off
  • What happened to the arms tournament thingey?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not sure, but Tiger posted an empty post in the mental health thread the other day, so just hoping he's doing fine. 
    I'm currently trying to get Nintendo to fix my pro controller (their repair system is offline), so would be out anyway until that's fixed.
  • Have you tried the joy cons for arms? probably the best motion controls I've come across outside of wii sports.

edit: re tiger - agreed, should have posted that bit first.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Where's Yoss these days?
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Have you tried the joy cons for arms? probably the best motion controls I've come across outside of wii sports.

Fully agree & imo, the best way to play the game.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh yeah, forgot about the joy cons. 

Actually played most of the game with them, but the pro controller felt just that bit more reliable in the end. No accidental punches. So yeah, could do.

@SpaceGazelle, think he's on a break and seems to drink beers with Cocko every once in a while.
  • Well at least he's still drinking beer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!