VITA!!!!
  • Agreed, eBay is calling for this one.

Can't pull myself away from Tactics Ogre and E.Golf in any case, until those sweet PSOne Classics arrive of course, give me Abe and Twisted Metal!
    Live & PSN (Vita only) - MattTheSurveyor
  • Uncharted is a decent enough romp. Unfortunately the shooting sections do grate a bit though and the puzzles are not of any note.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • JMW wrote:
    What, Like FIFA, Everybody's Golf, Resistance, WipeOut, Katamari, Lumines, Super Stardust, Ridge Racer, Virtua Tennis, Uncharted, F1, Gravity Rush and Rayman?

What, like launch games?
  • What difference does that make?
  • Point is, generally the people who moan that there aren't a couple of AAA's every week haven't gone through the launch games.
  • The difference it makes is that people who haven't bought one yet may well not be impressed by the launch games and be waiting for something else. Like Persona.

Of the 2 games you mentioned that weren't launch games though, one is great and one is crap.

Console sales spike around game releases. I don't know why that's an unreasonable point to make.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Point is, generally the people who moan that there aren't a couple of AAA's every week haven't gone through the launch games.

I think you can criticise the software line-up without having to go through the launch titles with a fine tooth comb. I have other consoles and games to play on them, I'm not going to buy a new one just to buy and play games for the sake of it. I want experiences that can compete with those available elsewhere.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Well, all those are the best handheld versions of those games. That's competing.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Just ordered Metal Gear Solid HD on Vita, only ever played the PS1 game so quite looking forward to it.
    Shame it's not got Peace Walker (or whatever it's called), but for £23 I can't go wrong, can I?
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Just ordered Metal Gear Solid HD on Vita, only ever played the PS1 game so quite looking forward to it. Shame it's not got Peace Walker (or whatever it's called), but for £23 I can't go wrong, can I?
    And no you wont!
    I also had only played the PS1 games but I am loving the MSG Snake Eater on the Vita (I have a US account so been playing it for a couple of weeks).
    One word of warning - it is a steep learning curve, I found the first hour very frustrating.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • MGS HD for £23, where be that then?

Chopping back and forth between E.Golf and Tactics Ogre is a pure joy. Still feeling a bit bamboozled by all the tinkering you can do on TO but after 5 or 6 battles I haven't really had much of a challenge yet so not felt the need to faff about too much with loadouts and skills or do a load of shopping.

battles do go on a bit mind.
    Live & PSN (Vita only) - MattTheSurveyor
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    MGS is £23 at Shpto.

Also enjoying Tactics Ogre, most of the fun for me comes from the squad management side of things which looks insanely in-depth, only played for about 3 hours so I've not really got into it yet.
  • Tactics Ogre is lovely. It's on my list of games to complete. It's quite long - 30 hrs and I've still not completed chapter 3 (of 4)
  • I thought the whole point of 'Transfarring' was for Peace Walker?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I thought the whole point of 'Transfarring' was for Peace Walker?

Works on the PSP version......Transfarring is across MGS2 and 3 across the 2 consoles on the HD collection.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Tactics Ogre is lovely. It's on my list of games to complete. It's quite long - 30 hrs and I've still not completed chapter 3 (of 4)

I may get into this too then (on PSP mind). Had it for a while but just couldn't face it after 120+ hours on Disgaea 2 and 40+ hours on Final Fantasy Tactics in quick succession.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Has anyone tried the wipeout thing were you get wipeout hd and fury for vita if you buy 2048 and have wipeout hd and fury on ps3?
    trying to justify the 30 quid price tag to the gf.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Transfarring... First time I've heard that term.

Wonder if it'll grow on me?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I'm hoping the digital version of Wipeout will be on offer this week, looking forward to playing it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i adore the zone mode on hd and fury so im hopefull for more on the vita one and also hopefull they come across to vita from the originals.

• Meaning is it all there? As far as I can see from a short go it is, just that the whole campaigns are unlocked from the start (assuming that's not based on my PS3 progress).
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Has anyone tried the wipeout thing were you get wipeout hd and fury for vita if you buy 2048 and have wipeout hd and fury on ps3? trying to justify the 30 quid price tag to the gf.

I only have HD and Fury on the PS3 and I downloaded the Vita versions last night. Don't think you need to buy 2048
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Tactics Ogre is lovely. It's on my list of games to complete. It's quite long - 30 hrs and I've still not completed chapter 3 (of 4)
    I may get into this too then (on PSP mind). Had it for a while but just couldn't face it after 120+ hours on Disgaea 2 and 40+ hours on Final Fantasy Tactics in quick succession.

It's lovely and purpose built for the PSP in exactly the same way FFT isn't.

Did you know if you are on CFW, there is a patch for FFT which removes the slowdown and restores the 4:3 image (it's currently stretched)?  It's those two factors that put me off FFT on the PSP.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    Has anyone tried the wipeout thing were you get wipeout hd and fury for vita if you buy 2048 and have wipeout hd and fury on ps3? trying to justify the 30 quid price tag to the gf.
    I only have HD and Fury on the PS3 and I downloaded the Vita versions last night. Don't think you need to buy 2048

Erm....how did you copy it across pal?
    Dosent show in my vita content manager.

• daviedigi wrote:
    Erm....how did you copy it across pal? Dosent show in my vita content manager.

That may be the sticking point! I'll have a look at that shortly
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    Erm....how did you copy it across pal? Dosent show in my vita content manager.
    That may be the sticking point! I'll have a look at that shortly

Cheers pal.

• Ah bugger. Thought it was a freebie
  • You need 2048.  HD and Fury are just game packs, not actual games.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    as  i thought, 30 quid on download though!!

• mrsmr2 wrote:
    pabloamigo wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    It's lovely and purpose built for the PSP in exactly the same way FFT isn't. Did you know if you are on CFW, there is a patch for FFT which removes the slowdown and restores the 4:3 image (it's currently stretched)?  It's those two factors that put me off FFT on the PSP.

Curse you. I've only just started FF9, but now it's got to take a back seat!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!