Pro Evolution Soccer (Shiny New Thread for 2016)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    loxdog wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I hate it when the opposition suddenly becomes the best team in the world late in the game and you can't take the ball off them no matter how hard you try and then they score with a shit first time.

People always complain about this, but you know... this happens in real life. Team is losing and manages to build one decent attack before the end of the 90.

Mind you, the one 1 shot on target 1 goal thing is bugging me and the COM always scores the same type of goal (low drive from just inside the area into the bottom corner).

It does happen in real life, but the more you play a PES game the more you can tell when the AI ticks over into 'We're going to score now and there's nothing you can do about it' mode.

And yeah, that goal they score is almost always the same. Pass into centre forward, one touch then drill into bottom corner.

What difficulty level are you chaps on? I dropped to Top Player for Master League, league games are a nice challenge now and a win is well earned, as is a 0-0 away to Man City.

Tried a Champions League run on Superstar with Bayern but found the opposition too strong, getting the ball back was a nightmare.
  • Stealth edits going on?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't worry Elf, I've outed him.
  • Vela wrote:
    I lost to Sunderland 6-0 last night. The game was clearly cheating as the next two games I played were 1-0 wins vs Southampton and arsenal.
    Have you set them as your rival?

Actually no. Defoe went nuts with 5.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm playing on professional I think.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blimey. Not sure what's caused that then, you'll just have to score seven in the next derby.
  • Ill chalk it down to holding sprint too much in the rain.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I never try to charge the opposition down now, just let them have it while you get men back into position. Once you're all behind the ball split the centre backs with your striker and force them down the wing as it's easier to put pressure on when they lack space.

I play the dour, negative, entertainment killing 4-5-1 favoured by managers who don't have faith in their players mind. If you're playing something different then high pressing Guardiola style might work but always be wary of the dink over the top as it's very effective.
  • I play the style that uneducated-in-football-attack-at-all-costs Australians play. Full pitch press. 

Should I change to Stoke?
  • Thats good advice that Paul, I over-run and press far too much.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yeah Eric, don't be scared off by my complaints. I was tired last night when I went down 6-0. The next few games were ok but I hit the wall soon after.

Animation in the game is lovely and smooth too. So many random moments each match.
  • Don't worry Elf, I've outed him.

I took it back after I thought I was initially coming off a bit high-and-mighty. I didn't even post it first time I'm sure!
    And yeah, that goal they score is almost always the same. Pass into centre forward, one touch then drill into bottom corner.

That's a bit of a worry. Didn't know if was just me or not :/

I'm playing on Professional at the minute, but only because myclub won't let me go any higher yet. Myclub is different to vanilla-PES due to the team spirit thing, that seems to increase the ability of opposition massively. I've played a few of the tournaments against Top Player and found it to be just about perfect. Win most games but tougher opponents cause some swearing and sweating
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Master League has the team spirit thing too, mine's a whopping 96 or something.

The players have influence on stuff like that too, if you appoint a leader as captain the whole team gets a boost, doesn't tire as easily etc. It's worth keeping in mind.
  • Master League has the team spirit thing too, mine's a whopping 96 or something. The players have influence on stuff like that too, if you appoint a leader as captain the whole team gets a boost, doesn't tire as easily etc. It's worth keeping in mind.

Ah nice, I will definitely look at that for myclub too. Ronaldo is my captain so I can't imagine he's a leader, might only apply to ML but still worth thinking about.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got done by Man City just now, two nowt from two shots at goal and I missed a couple of sitters too.

There's deffo some kind of algorithm at work for league games, the amount of times they score from their only shot at goal is freakish. It seems to want to keep the score down at times too, chance after chance going begging then you play a Europa Cup game and win 9-0.
  • I'm still on my first season, have just beaten Spurs 2-0 and snuck into the Europa spot. Though I also beat Man Utd in the semi of the cup so its going well now.

Week 37 = Sunderland, hoping to make amends for the 6-0 loss.
  • Got done by Man City just now, two nowt from two shots at goal and I missed a couple of sitters too.

There's deffo some kind of algorithm at work for league games, the amount of times they score from their only shot at goal is freakish. It seems to want to keep the score down at times too, chance after chance going begging then you play a Europa Cup game and win 9-0.

I've found it quite often in the latter rounds of the cups. I'm playing a Europa League with Lyon and thoroughly enjoying it. Did lose to Udinese with the old one shot one goal but I just couldn't break them down.

Also worked my way up to Top Player on myclub which is definitely better than Professional. Ronaldo has 50 goals in 23 games for that team, but only 1 in 2 against Top Player opponents. Difference in goalkeepers has improved the game so much.
  • I'm surprised PES is still doing these AI cheats. Last time I played one was about 10 years ago and remember similar issues, such as my players suddenly hitting the post with every shot in 'tough' games, and the computer team scoring with their only shot.

There must be a better way of handling it - it seems weirdly old-fashioned now.
  • JonB wrote:
    I'm surprised PES is still doing these AI cheats. Last time I played one was about 10 years ago and remember similar issues, such as my players suddenly hitting the post with every shot in 'tough' games, and the computer team scoring with their only shot. There must be a better way of handling it - it seems weirdly old-fashioned now.

How does FIFA do it? Anyone?

Played a few games against my mate online in a Friendly Match Lobby on Saturday - the lag was noticable, even though we've both got fibre. The tell-tale sign of lag is when games descend into players running into each other all the time, and most chances come from DMs/CMs running into trouble in midfield. Wasn't impressed.
  • The Sky Bet Championship kits are available from the repository linked in the OP, btw.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They've been up for a while but it was a bit borked when I tried to do it, a lot of images wouldn't load when I was trying to import them.

I need to ditch that download and do it again I think.
  • New agent out today for EURO2016 qualifying players. Think the first use guarantees a black ball so worthwhile doing if you're playing myclub
    adkm1979 wrote:
    The Sky Bet Championship kits are available from the repository linked in the OP, btw.

Surprised no-one has done international kits yet...
  • i just updated mine with the new ptepatch which has all the official what not and correct transfers, also can add extra stadiums and balls to it.
    didn't actually get around to playing it, but still...at least it's an advantage with the PC version - download patch, run it, sorted.  no faffing about renaming, and uploading individual strips etc.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Im into the champions league final with Man City. Against Chelsea.should be a piece of piss rite
  • i tried playing the 'team play' mode the other day, the equivalent to FIFA 'my team'.  except that the setup and structure of it is totally shite compared to fifa's systems, it's a ball ache to find and get in a game, and then it seems slow and clunky as hell to play in it too.
    still though, 2 games (one as Ozil for Arsenal, one as Alonso for Bayern), 3 assists and 2 crushing victories.  Average rating of 6.25 - fuck you PES and your stupid rating system!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Anyone won a trophy yet? Your avatar running on the pitch and celebrating with the players is so toe curlingly cringe worthy I almost died.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    IMG_20151019_232846110_zpslgyyy2ch.jpg

Supercup final. Think I should pump it up to the highest setting, but I'm worried that as well as making the supposed hard games actually hard it'll also turn all those draws against teams I dominate into galling one nil defeats. The cheating AI algorithm is real chaps.
  • IMG_20151019_232846110_zpslgyyy2ch.jpg Supercup final. Think I should pump it up to the highest setting, but I'm worried that as well as making the supposed hard games actually hard it'll also turn all those draws against teams I dominate into galling one nil defeats. The cheating AI algorithm is real chaps.

I'm on superstar on myclub and it seems OK but I'm not promising anything. Their finishing is extra unforgiving. 

Took my heaviest beating ever last night online - lost 1-9. Went down to 10 men after 11 mins and never bothered swapping in another CB. Plus obviously online keepers are shocking. Also lost 5-2 to someone who had 5 shots and I was in double figures. Yep.
  • Yeah I take it back. Superstar is a bit rank - they keep the ball for way too long and it's impossible to win it back. Run around a lot trying to make the tackle until one of your CBs is out of position then they punish. Fun!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mm. They're already a nightmare to get the ball off and spookily clinical with the one shot one goal thing, don't think I could handle ramping that up even more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!