Pro Evolution Soccer (Shiny New Thread for 2016)
  • Yeah it's proper amateur stuff. We basically get served up the same dross year after year from Konami with incomplete squads and a broken online mode.

How they can have the cheek to charge full price for it every year is just taking the piss now. It's a 20 quid game at most.
  • i decided to start a master league on this now i've got all the fancy patches and what not.  and then for the first time ever decided not to play as newcastle, picking some random spanish second division team instead.  still used the default ML squad though.  bit of wheeling and dealing to bring in some random young players that will hopefully develop well, transfer listing anyone old and/or not good enough to get in the first 11.
    only 'recognised' player i bought was Jack Alnwick cos my keepers were all shit and he was a free agent...except that he seems to be even more shit than them so far!
    and then got stiffed on last day of transfer window, as decided to see if there were any good old free agents still available, and Drogba was there.  thought it would be a nice mix of my normal style/players to have a big powerhouse player, but the game would let me start a negotiation on the last day. boo!
    bit of a mixed start to the season so far, doing ok but keep having patches in games where we implode and concede 3 in quick succession, which has led to a loss in the league and going out first round of the cup on away goals after it finished 4-4 on aggregate.

i've always shied away from getting too involved in fiddling with the tactics and setup other than basic formation stuff, but there's a neat 'end of month' report you get now that breaks down your play style, shows types of passes, success rate etc.  I assume the point is that if you play the way you say you will play (and get players that suit that style) then the performances are boosted accordingly.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Out of my next five games in the master league, four of them are against Everton. One in the league, two in the UEFA Cup and one in the FA Cup. The other match is a league game against... Liverpool.

I'm gonna be fucking sick of scousers by the end of that.
  • Out of my next five games in the master league, four of them are against Everton. One in the league, two in the UEFA Cup and one in the FA Cup. The other match is a league game against... Liverpool. I'm gonna be fucking sick of scousers by the end of that.

Just had a month of 
    Chelsea (home)
    Swansea (away - FA Cup)
    PSG (away - CL)
    Arsenal (home)
    Man Utd (home)
    Liverpool (away)

Won them all except Utd at home, pleased with that.  Not pleased with the myclub servers after they introduced free-to-play. Absolutely ruined, if anyone's given it a go.
  • Downloaded the free ps4 version!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's the gimped version for gimps.

My Scousergeddon results:

Premier League: Everton 2-3 Newcastle

FA Cup Semi-Final: Newcastle 4-0 Everton

UEFA Cup QF 1st Leg: Everton 1-4 Newcastle

Premier League: Newcastle 2-1 Liverpool

UEFA Cup QF 2nd Leg: Newcastle 2-0 Everton

Blammo.
  • That's the gimped version for gimps.

Thanks

The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Probably the best thread for it: Pitch to Pixel, the National Football Museum's video game football exhibition.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Just want to complain about the impossibility of scoring anything resembling a nice goal on superstar. Players throw themselves in front of all my shots and it's upsetting; I haven't saved a goal since I was on Top Player... :(
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I won nine nil in the FA Cup Final against West Brom on Top Player, but like you say Superstar is just too boring and frustrating to play.

Pointless possession from the AI, you finally win it back and grind out a chance only for your nippy attacker to get caught and elbowed off the ball by a slow as fuck defender for the fifth time in a row. Then it's tippy tappy Barca at their best football from players who's stats suggest trapping a bag of cement is a challenge, one nowt to them in the bottom corner.

Just feels like you're going through the motions, acting out a script. Fuck Superstar.
  • I won nine nil in the FA Cup Final against West Brom on Top Player, but like you say Superstar is just too boring and frustrating to play. Pointless possession from the AI, you finally win it back and grind out a chance only for your nippy attacker to get caught and elbowed off the ball by a slow as fuck defender for the fifth time in a row. Then it's tippy tappy Barca at their best football from players who's stats suggest trapping a bag of cement is a challenge, one nowt to them in the bottom corner. Just feels like you're going through the motions, acting out a script. Fuck Superstar.

I was having more fun on Top Player, although I do like the way the AI plays on Superstar occasionally. But when they start the pass-pass-pass-pass-pass it's just not fun. Very grindy. Still, more enjoyable than any Newcastle game this season :/
  • Played a little local multiplayer of pes2016 last night...the old magic is still in there, it was really good fun. When you're not focusing on shit network performance or cheating AI the game really comes to life. The screaming shots and 'lenient' refs just add to the excitement.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I know there's a pure footy game thread around here somewhere, but I found this:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35873703

And thought of Ram. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • aw, thanks. o/
  • Fuck FIFA.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    Because...?
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    The threads? Those are hardly FIFA's fault.
  • Mate its like customer surveys. Tell them bullshit and they don't bug you.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    Are we still on the same topic?
  • I assumed so. How do you think spambots work? Identifying this is a gaming forum, then spamming it with fifa coin scams. There are two ways to stop that.
    1. Ensure it is a PES only/non Fifa forum or
    2. Stop talking about any games at all

I'm doing my bit on #1.
  • adkm
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @adkm1979
    Xbox
    adkm1979
    PSN
    adkm1979
    Steam
    adkm1979

Send message
    I'm not entirely sure either would work. I'd be surprised if the spambots have a line of code saying that IF they find a post saying 'Fuck FIFA' THEN quit ELSE carry on with the spamathon.

But, by all means, fill your boots.

(Dare I mention that, after setting up this thread, I ditched PES, bought FIFA, and am enjoying it a lot more?)
  • Jokes are hard work here.
  • Right, so there are two modes in this game Ive never touched in prior versions: Master League and myClub.

Does either of them let me create a club from scratch and take them from the bottom of a given league all the way through to glory? Both of them appear to make you choose a current club. I suppose you just do that and rename them in edit mode?
  • Master League is close enough. You start with the same set of (mediocre) players whichever team you choose, and you can rename it, change the strips etc. Once you get going you'll be buying new players, and it'll end up your own team.

At least, that's how it was around 2004, last time I played it.
  • Yeah kind of that. In master league you pick a team, and can pick whether to start with the default made-up mediocre ml players, or the real players for the selected team. I always pick the default ml players
  • JonB wrote:
    Master League is close enough. You start with the same set of (mediocre) players whichever team you choose, and you can rename it, change the strips etc. Once you get going you'll be buying new players, and it'll end up your own team. At least, that's how it was around 2004, last time I played it.
    PES4, good game... which is also the version I dedicated some serious time to. Picked up PES 2016 recently and I am still trying to get used to; the gameplay has changed quite a bit in the last 12 years. myClub seems a bit obscure to me, can't see what's the appeal, yet. Started a quick league to get familiar with it. Wanted to jump into Master League, but the option of creating a new team and the time it takes to look for new players put me off.
  • cos i couldn't find the old generic footy game thread...

why didn't anyone mention this?
    http://sociablesoccer.com/

effectively a new sensible soccer being developed by jon hare....there was a kickstarter last year but it got abandoned due to low funding, but development has continued, with the suggesting it's been picked up by a more traditional publisher....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!