Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Out of interest Rev, could this be his first "real" encounter with death? As in finality? Mine was at around 9, with family, and took me time to process. If he loved Han from the originals I could see how to a 9 year old this would be difficult to cope with.
    He's experienced the passing of my father. I guess he's used to the inevitable plot twist which clearly isn't going to happen.

Ahh, sorry bout that Rev. Bloody Marvel and keeping their characters alive has poisoned his mind!
  • Tempy wrote:
    I saw Harrison ford on the Jonathan ross show the other night and I felt like battering Williams. Fuck off with your unfunny camp shit,leäve Mr ford alone. Show some respect han solo has just died.insensitive buffoon.
    You probably shouldn't read anything Ford has to say about returning to the role.
    I tend not to read up on actors, I dont want the magic ruined :D
    Ford did a good interview though but Walliams seriously winds me up. Change the record man!!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Stopharage wrote:
    @Rev - my 9 year old came out saying he didn't like it, totally because of Han's death; he was gutted. Then he said even if Ren turns out to be good in the future he still wouldn't like him because of what he'd done.

That's why brooks hates it as well, he sent me a pm
  • This sums my feelings up:

http://www.avclub.com/video/our-film-staffers-search-their-feelings-about-forc-230033?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

Don't watch the second half to avoid Hateful 8 spoilers.

In short: great fun, real care lavished on the homage, ace new characters, spoiled slightly by total lack of plot and gratuitous callbacks and fan service plus obvious set up for 38 new films and TV shows.
  • Finn is no jedi either. Brilliant misdirection there from JJ. Even sticking him on the poster with the sabre. He was quite shit tbh.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Off again tonight, this time with 2 of the kids (15 year old lad and 16 year old girl). Will see what they make of it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    If Rey is indeed Luke's daughter as people are speculating, then who is her mother?

e5zeRha.png
  • This was fucking great. For a fun film I don't think I could have asked for more.

Gollum being the big bad was odd but it'll be cool to see where he came from.

Kind of neat theyve abandoned that darth stuff.

Best part (amongst a lot of highlights) was finn's contribution to the plan (of course he knows where the trash compactor is!!)

Great to see Rey ( delight throughout) become awesome.

An absolute joy!

I think it might be the best star wars film.
  • Han had to die, ford was too expensive :)

Also, necessary torch passing.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Best part (amongst a lot of highlights) was finn's contribution to the plan (of course he knows where the trash compactor is!!)

So if Finn was indeed a sanitation worker as he claims, was the drop-ship mission to Jakku actually just an emergency call out to fix the plumbing which degenerated into slaughter when it became apparent that Max von Sydow had cancelled the service contract with The First Order and was merely wasting their time?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They should have called Primetime Plumbers
  • Han had to die, ford was too expensive :) 
    Nah, he's 73 at the moment. He was probably never in contention for more than one by mutual agreement.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • jdanielp wrote:

So if Finn was indeed a sanitation worker as he claims, was the drop-ship mission to Jakku actually just an emergency call out to fix the plumbing which degenerated into slaughter when it became apparent that Max von Sydow had cancelled the service contract with The First Order and was merely wasting their time?

I think it was his first shooting mission. I guess they keep the noobs busy before sending them out to fight.
  • g.man wrote:
    Han had to die, ford was too expensive :) 
    Nah, he's 73 at the moment. He was probably never in contention for more than one by mutual agreement.

Yeah true, but 35mil plus half a percent of profits...pretty sweet.

• g.man wrote:
    Han had to die, ford was too expensive :) 
    Yeah true, but 35mil plus half a percent of profits...pretty sweet.

...um...no.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I guess they keep the noobs busy before sending them out to fight.

Hmm, I suppose you have to start somewhere...
  • ...or are you talking dollars?
  • Yeah dollars was the story I saw.
  • okay-dokey.
  • When it comes to creative accounting this is an oldie but a goodie...
    LucasFilm denies RotJ has ever gone into profit.

dem net points

g.man
  • jdanielp wrote:
    I think it was his first shooting mission. I guess they keep the noobs busy before sending them out to fight.

Pretty sure he says it was his first mission (that he freaked out on) when he's explaining to Rey.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Similar story with Ghostbusters. The name ghostbusters was licenced from an old TV show at a cost of one percent profits but...no profit was declared.

I guess the studios have linked companies charge (e.g.) hundreds for each sandwich made or whatever.
  • Ford's got 0.5 points of the gross, he's no dummy.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Billy wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    Pretty sure he says it was his first mission (that he freaked out on) when he's explaining to Rey.

I do vaguely remember that. Promotion from sanitation to a shooting mission still seems like strange career progression.
  • well what else would the stormtroopers be doing on down days when not bussin' caps in rebels asses?
    This was his first mission though so mebee once on combat duty then the menial stuff is knocked on the head
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I think there may be some twists coming in both Finn and Rae's story. I don't think rae will be Luke's daughter, it's too obvious. I got dibs on an anakin clone, who had space sex replacement op as a toddler. Watch for Adam's apple in repeat viewings.
  • I quite liked some of the inversions in the new one, but I don't know if I liked them because I knew they were inversions or just interesting concepts in their own right.

Specifically I liked the idea that those who think the forced should be used as a force have doubts about the light side and the 'knights of ren' concept. Probably only liked the latter as an interesting twist but the former is an interesting concept regardless (baddies with moments of doubt)
  • I loved it! I thought Snoke was a bit limp as a big bad. Character design was meh, he was just massive (mehssive). Boyega was ace- great comedic lilt to his character but I think driver and bb8 stole the whole damn thing. 85 medichlorians out of 100.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think his size was just his projection. I'm guessing he's going to be normal or smaller and could be connected to the old lady as she seemed force sensitive. Maybe the same race hence the CGI

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!