SPOILERS Star Wars Last Jedi SPOILERS
  • I wonder if Snope will turn out to be Stimpy?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    I'll sleep a lot better knowing the guy who directed Jurrasic World is finishing up this trilogy.

o.O

g.man

Actually, pretty sure JW is doing the next one and Mr Looper/best breaking bad episode Rian Johnson is doing the last one.

Hopefully JJ stays on as producer to keep the whipper snappers in line.

As for Mr JW I think he's a competent director. Jurassic World sure didn't look bad and the action was framed nicely so with a solid script I think he'll do well.
  • Oops, nope. Got that wrong. Rian is next
    Swings and round a bouts

I should have read the rest of the thread.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I wonder if Snope will turn out to be Stimpy?

Can't be YOU STEENKIN EEEEDIOT!
  • Red Letter Media review is up - 

I don't generally like Rich Evans that much out of the bunch but I chime with his thoughts quite heavily (bar his - and the groups - pathetic bitching about Carrie Fisher) and Jay hit the nail on the head with the Kylo/Solo stuff, it's done so casually that it's a nice way of avoiding the almighty "KYLO, YOU'RE MY SON" bullshit that may have been one nudge and wink too far. I also think he's right in his assertion that it's just too packed to the gills with callbacks. Still, it's an enjoyable video as most of their reviews are.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This half in the bag guys don't do it for me. I think I liked one of their videos (grown ups) but a lot of nasty attitudes abound.
  • That stuff comes up irregularly enough these days* that it doesn't bother me that much. I don't like it when they do, but there ya go.

*Rich tends to be the worst for it and he's not in them that often. Mike & Jay episodes tend to frequently dodge that.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Wow, those guys are really quite annoying but they did make some valid points, most of which I agree with.
  • Had my second viewing earlier. Some of the music really was lovely. Specially Rey music when she first appears and boards down the sand. 

Even more convinced now that she is Luke's daughter.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Wow, those guys are really quite annoying but they did make some valid points, most of which I agree with.

I posted it because I felt they were fairly on-point with their views, and they represented three different approaches with fairly valid issues amongst it all. I am not the channel's biggest fan but do quite like when Mike and Jay find a film they really like and talk about it enthusiastically. Also they managed to be fairly even handed, which is nice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Had my second viewing earlier. Some of the music really was lovely. Specially Rey music when she first appears and boards down the sand.

This stood out for me massively. God knows what they'll do when Williams dies.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As for reviews, I'm really not going to bother. I've made up my mind that this is going to be a part of my movie collection, why do I need some youtubers to tell me otherwise or that there is this problem and that problem. Who does that really benefit?
  • I enjoy discourse around things, so it benefits me, and others who enjoy that too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I know Temp, that's why I said I at every point :-)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I was trying to think of the scene when I knew they'd cracked it.  Ren holding an angry blue laser bolt mid air followed by Poe asking his captor who should talk first in these situations?  Yup, that was it.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I love rlm, a funny bunch of dude esp the main guy. Their vlickbait video was too good.
  • Saw this with my nephew yesterday.  Abrams loves a contrivance too far, but I was happy to go with it.  Always liked the originals, never loved them, and was baffled by people trying to find too many positives in the prequels (I and III were OK, II was shocking), but this was back to form.  Fun, good action scenes, great new characters, decent turns from the old ones and forgivable crap bits.
  • I was trying to think of the scene when I knew they'd cracked it.  Ren holding an angry blue laser bolt mid air followed by Poe, held by his captor asked in these situations who should talk first?  Yup, that was it.
    Yeah. I went in thinking 'when will I see Luke /han, will they be good, will the new people irritate...' But by that scene I was already enjoying the movie for it's own merit
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • i blame predictive text or something.
  • Fkuk predictive text, I use the froce
  • Loved it, 10/10, I'm still just a big kid.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Had a massive grin on my face for the entire film. Says it all really. Not perfect, but it was the film it needed to be. Great stuff.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I loved it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • legaldinho wrote:
    Fkuk predictive text, I use the froce

"That's not how you use the force!"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • i can't quite get over how much i enjoyed watching it.  as a kid, i would watch star wars on video, rewind it and watch it again.  i get that feeling with this.  when i saw it the second time, i didn't come out thinking 'aah, now the excitement has died down and i know what to expect, it's not that great, the problems are clear'... i just wanted to see it again!
    of course you can pick issue with it if you want, but...it's got magic in it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    g.man wrote:

That's no moon.

• I'm seeing it on Tuesday again.
    I had no issues. Han's passing was well handled. My son was shocked , even asking if there was going to be a plot twist.
    I like the fact they kept it light on the political front and just went with the story. The humour was fantastic, and the action was outstanding.
    Like it more than jedi at the least. It easily is better than the prequels.
    What's not to like?
    @stopharage
    His face was one of wonder. Visibly excited, utterly enchanted all the way through. Loved the action, thought Kylo ren was an excellent bad guy, though he would have killed him if he had a light saber after what he did to Han.
    Thought snoke was scary, loved bb8. Thought poe was cool, completely delighted.
    Its a triumph. Cleared away all the trash and set up an amazing set of sequels to follow.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'll check out the red letter review later. I like their reviews maybe because I tend to agree with them but also because they tend to dig further than the surface when a movie isn't so good and talk about script writing and framing etc.

I got a very big Naussica vibe from Rey and her intro. Just the scavenging part being the exaxt mirror of the start of Naussica. That and the confidence in her actions and abilities.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!