SPOILERS Star Wars Last Jedi SPOILERS
  • What I liked is how they flipped the Jedi's concern (almost obsession) with the Dark side of the force with the Sith. It's gives credence to Vader bringing balance to the force, it's no longer a one sided process, the Sith are now just as concerned (as demonstrated by Snoke's comments) about that light side and it's potential to seduce as the Jedi are with the dark.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I agree but it's a shame snoke was bloody rubbish
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It was pretty bang on esb two people just hain a wee time together
    nah, i'd say ESB ended a bit more 'ok, we've re-grouped and ready to go again'...TFA is more 'oo, what will happen, who is she really, what will luke do' much more cliffhanger type thing...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I agree but it's a shame snoke was bloody rubbish

I still cannot fathom why they choose to make him a CGI character ( which as with most CGI characters looked like a cartoon), hopefully they will rectify that next time around,
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    It was pretty bang on esb two people just hain a wee time together
    nah, i'd say ESB ended a bit more 'ok, we've re-grouped and ready to go again'...TFA is more 'oo, what will happen, who is she really, what will luke do' much more cliffhanger type thing...

Indeed. It felt like ESB ended on a long, dark night of the soul moment while TFA ended at the moment that the reluctant hero accepts their destiny.

Although, admittedly, there certainly were two people in both shots.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They're not Sith.
  • Just saw it. Liked it. Pissed all over the prequels. Funny. Good acting mostly.

Only negative was over familiarity with some of it, by that I mean the way it was shot and choice of scenes. Guess they wanted it to still very much be Star Wars.

Final shot could've been better. Also surprisingly emotional. Solo death scene was quite well handled. At one point I actually thought fuck this "he gets saved" bullshit but then BAM the spoil internally torn brat cunt kills him.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • We don't know that, they said Kylo Ren is not a Sith but that doesn't mean he won't become one. Luke wasn't a Jedi in ANH and ESB, but was in ROTJ and like like Luke Ren's training hasn't been completed.  They are the dark side,  there is to our knowledge only 2 of them who are force sensitive and Ren obsesses over Vader( a Sith) and uses an accent Sith designs with his sabre.  If they are not Sith then they are the closing thing to them.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I doubt we'll see the Sith again. That club ended when Vader died. It's all about this new bunch of dark force adepts now.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just got back from it. Spent the first chunk of it with a big smile on my face, overall found it really enjoyable.

While I kind of agree about the Starkiller Base plotline being a rehash of A New Hope, I think to some extent it was inevitable given that:
    * It was coming off the back of over a decade of edited re-releases and prequels that lacked legitimacy with a lot of people so had to overcome that additional barrier as well as generally selling the audience this new generation of Star Wars characters and filmmakers.
    * They seemed to steer heavily away from getting into the whole 'this is the state of the galaxy' and 'this is what happened in the space between Return of the Jedi and now in terms of the major space powers' stuff. Something original would probably have necessitated further explanation and ended up being vaguely similar but with more exposition.

It was interesting that the whole thing did lack the presence of the Death Star and I wonder if that's deliberate or not - perhaps they didn't want to make a Thing out of something they have no intention of returning to.

If nothing else, at least a small child didn't blow the fucking thing up by accident!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I went for a piss three times. And again now. That'll learn me for having lots of milk coffee and juice for brek. Intended on fasting cos past experience tells me otherwise I'll need loo, but I was starving. And needed that coffee to wake me up.

I'll faster tomorrow's viewing.
  • I was ready to be pissed off if one of the stormtroopers accidentally shot the Tie fighter loose.
  • OMG OMG OMG I LOVED IT
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Best review yet.

:D
  • I particularly liked the Sith.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I must admit I was wary going in, no way could it possibly live up to all the hype.

As soon as we meet Finn and Poe breaking out in the stolen TIe Fighter I sat back, breathed a sigh of relief and was 100% on board.

It's fantastic.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's very good but there's rather large issues with it.
  • I went in only having seen the very first teaser and absolutely nothing less, barely looked at any posters either. Was good for a popcorn flick.
  • About to see it a second time this time with wife and kids. Wife not a fan, barely knows the originals and less about the prequels, so will be interested to see what she thinks.
    Kids like the films but haven't been into them long enough to be obsessive or all knowing, and they're quite young, so also interested to see how they react, and hoping it's not going to be too violent or any scenes too upsetting...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    It's very good but there's rather large issues with it.
    I disagree. It does what it needs to do perfectly. Sit back, enjoy the ride, you'll have a great time. Honestly, if you were expecting anything more than what was delivered, you've gone and watched the wrong film.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Very patronising of you, I'll feel how I feel thank you.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You're welcome.

XOX.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Very patronising of you, I'll feel how I feel thank you.

Nah Yoss is right bud x

• Saw it last night. Private booking of a cinema for a mate’s 40th birthday. We all dressed up and made like it was a big premiere. You’ve never seen such a happy bunch of grown adults grinning at each other in the pub afterwards. Every person loved it. No dissent in the ranks at all. And we all raised a few toasts to Han’s memory.

JJ Abrams nailed it. That was a proper Star Wars movie.

I’m going to go see it again this weekend and take the girlfriend. She’s going to love it.
  • No one is right, as such, except about their own feelings innit. I thought tempy's summary stuck with me. Decent fun film gets 3.5 / 5; but if you know and care about Han and Leia and the original trilogy then it's an easy 4.5
  • Hang on, let's not be pretending I was willing to lob out an extra half star.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    heaven forbid reviews may not align. No one is taking your space fights from you
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is that what you think my point was? Because it really wasn't.
  • The most Important thing I took from it the franchise seems to be in the hands of some very capable actors now. The new characters/actors as a whole where great.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    The most Important thing I took from it the franchise seems to be in the hands of some very capable actors now. The new characters/actors as a whole where great.
    Yes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!