Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Now with Welsh accent
  • Doing a really annoying Errand where I have to get a particular familiar. Must've fought about 50 of them by now and still no capture. FFS.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I remember thinking they were annoying. Then I started hunting for alchemy ingredients, they seemed quite easy after that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    If you can leave it till later
    Spoiler:
  • I've just got to the part where
    Spoiler:

Found the boss in this part quite tough so going to go and level up more.

I also didn't realise that you get a ton of different jumbo star drops off that weird thing that pops up from the familiar retreat just by talking to it. Doh.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    If you can leave it till later
    Spoiler:

yeah I might move on and come back to it.
  • I am right on the doorstep of the final bit.  Been there for about 5 hours.  Been mopping up bounties & big merit payout errands as I need to hit at least 34 completed merit cards to get a reward I really would like to have before the final curtain.  Finished off a few other things but to be honest just dragging my feet & need to get on with it.  Reckon my level is going to be ok & I have enough provisions for the final dance.  I know there will be post game stuff, but part of me does not want the main quest to end.

When I let the intro trailer play & I see all the sights from the game I could get a little misty...
  • cindemon wrote:
    34 completed merit cards.. 
    Holy fucking shit! What kind of merits be given out in the 30s? "Handjob"
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • What level are you at cindemon?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Also been sat at something about lvl 60-70 odd now deliberately mucking about in the last dungeon ting to avoid finishing the story Cindemon. With the current Fams so OP though it has got to a bit of a daft ATTACK *yawn* option though. Most everything has started running away on sight.. I'm not expecting the multi part mega boss to put up much of a push but still.. JRPG funtimes. It's a best in class jobbie for me.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • All the party are at 65 Charlie, fams 29-69, all final meta. 

Last boss was not really an issue so parking the grinding for now.  Just need 3 more cards to hit 34 & it seems I will have all week to do so as family life got in the way of putting this to bed tonight.  My next window for the finish is next Fri due to work shifts.  I could do it now(or after I finish work during the week) but my children may hate me for robbing them of the end of the story.

With 'A' & 'S' ranks. merit hunting & maybe a hint of light grinding I got a few things left to keep me busy.
  • I got the Jack the giant killer (8 cards needed) tonight - it's helpful, but not amazing
  • isanbard wrote:
    Also been sat at something about lvl 60-70 odd now deliberately mucking about in the last dungeon ting to avoid finishing the story Cindemon.

The last dungeon I did spot a fair few of the new variation of the games 'metal slime.'  Twice the fecker ran in mid battle which never happened with the 2k & 8k flavs so God knows how much they pump out.

A mate has told me if I want the top merit reward to focus just on that & forget getting anything else on row 3.
  • WOW!   Tokocold thingies in the ivory castle drop about 26k exp...   Seen 5 so far only managed to kill one of them and that was with me casting Evenstar mornstar for high damage.  They run away quickly.
  • Jimmy, I noticed you mentioned....
    Spoiler:
  • WOW!   Tokocold thingies in the ivory castle drop about 26k exp...   Seen 5 so far only managed to kill one of them and that was with me casting Evenstar mornstar for high damage.  They run away quickly.

Use vail or something like that, surprise attack every time..... that's about 20 secs to play with!
  • cindemon wrote:
    Jimmy, I noticed you mentioned....
    Spoiler:

What what what...... I missed horace, where was he? Just finished this and it is truly beautiful and amazing. Never been a jrpg fan with the exception ffvii. I want more of this please.... Erm... NOW!
  • Gratz on the finish Jimmy.  As for wanting more there is post game stuff in the flavours off...
    Spoiler:
    Ref Horace, he is at...
    Spoiler:
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Joined the complete crew just now. GG folks. GG. Nice little run in, not too tricky luvverly finish. Now onto endgame eh? 

70 odd hours flew by and made me actually remember that there may yet be a reason to get one of these next gen jobbies. Good games is good games innit.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Very close to the end now, feel similar to the last stages of Ocarina of Time or FF 7 where it feels a bit sad.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm starting to lag behind!  
    Spoiler:

I've got as far as being able to see the last line of merit awards.
    Spoiler:
  • Well I can tell you what it does, its nothing that special or spoilery I don't think. It
    Spoiler:
    and that's it I think.
  • Very nearly at the end now...might even be able to finish it tonight!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fucking stupid combat. At the beginning of fights, especially against bosses, the twat kid throws the familiar right in front of the enemy, almost always taking damage immediately before you can react. Also changing familiars, the familiar does a little jump, leaving him open to damage again. Stupid fucking game.
  • Choose to control Oliver, move him away, then bring out the fam. Agree it can be annoying they do a little jump, but again you could control Oli first then move away.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Then they shouldn't make me choose before the fight starts.
  • Have to say I don't think that has ever caused me any issues, only once or twice has the enemy hit me when the fam has done the jump. It's not something I've ever had to do.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Against the Galdiataur cunt, every time I chose a familiar, Twatface threw him right at his feet, taking the first hit. A ridiculous thing to do both logically and in terms of game design.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Very nearly at the end now...might even be able to finish it tonight!

Tonight is the night for me to.  Did not get the time to hit the merit card qouta during the week, but on reading Mattys spoiler don't reckon I will bother.  It would be nice to have, but not essential to have atm, maybe for the post game shiz.
  • I got it, but its not the best. Also don't see the point in the
    Spoiler:

• Started playing my wizards edition this week. Awesome so far :) haven't read too much of the thread lately as I don't wang to spoil anything.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!