Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Trump will get 2 terms. The things he has going for him are:

1. Gerrymandering up the whazoo in all the flyover states
    2. Fact-proof arguments. He has perfected the art of stupid and (groundless) character assassination.
    3. Democrats will likely pick a (qualified) candidate who isn't rich, old, white, male. (See point 2).
    4. Supreme court is going to be in GOP's favour for a generation soon, which ensures the evangelicals will keep him in regardless of how many of their rules he breaks.
    5. The check provided by the D-Congress will mean he doesn't have to do all the controversial stuff, which may end up netting more moderates in 2020 if he instead focuses on infratsructure/jobs items.

There is only one thing that will stop him from completing two terms. OK, two things.
    1. Pee tapes (Although the GOP still vote for pedophiles, so maybe not).
    2. McDonalds.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unless I’m very much mistaken, gerrymandering’s irrelevant to a presidential election. They’re statewide votes.
  • That might be the case, I thought they decided it on number of districts won per state? I'll defer to your understanding, if youre confident.

So that's down to 4 points.

It does at least influence the legislature they have to work with, which as we saw with Obama after 2010, had the effect of completely derailing his health care and climate change plans.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m probably about 80% confident.

I do feel like Beto could beat Trump. Mayber.
  • I assume everyone’s seen the shit about the White House using obviously doctored video from Infowars to defend itself today. One thought that struck me: How’s the share price at Infowars doing? Bet this level of hat-tip from the White House has given it a juicy bump.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s probably still a lot lower than it was back when IW was stinking up social media.
  • Unfortunately this administration is all too happy to pander to them.

I wonder what Michael Moore predicted this week. He was accurate as to why GOP won in 2016. Maybe he has a plan for appealing to basic needs rather than stoking fears of racist stereotypes.
  • As a way to improve the Dem vote I mean.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I assume everyone’s seen the shit about the White House using obviously doctored video from Infowars to defend itself today. One thought that struck me: How’s the share price at Infowars doing? Bet this level of hat-tip from the White House has given it a juicy bump.

I haven't seen this. What is it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1060374680991883265

The video is sped up at the point the hand comes down.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The man did nothing. This has angered me for so much of today. I'll go back to Brooks and his assassination idea.
  • Aye, just Trump being a cunt.
  • What actually happened seems kind of irrelevant, he obviously didn't assault her or mean to touch her, the right will spin it for differently for a few days and we'll move on. The circus continues. Trump thrives on this stuff, it was like an episode of his show.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Correct as fuck. This is deflecting from the US Marine who shot 12 people dead last night.
  • I_R wrote:
    What actually happened seems kind of irrelevant, he obviously didn't assault her or mean to touch her, the right will spin it for differently for a few days and we'll move on. The circus continues. Trump thrives on this stuff, it was like an episode of his show.

Team Trump have successfully made today's news into a debate about whether or not a reporter manhandled a woman who was already manhandling him - rather than lots of stuff about how Trump lost the House.  Team Trump wins again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    The man did nothing. This has angered me for so much of today. I'll go back to Brooks and his assassination idea.

When has a cunt ever been assassinated though?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    What actually happened seems kind of irrelevant, he obviously didn't assault her or mean to touch her, the right will spin it for differently for a few days and we'll move on. The circus continues. Trump thrives on this stuff, it was like an episode of his show.

Team Trump have successfully made today's news into a debate about whether or not a reporter manhandled a woman who was already manhandling him - rather than lots of stuff about how Trump lost the House.  Team Trump wins again.

Tin nails it again
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think the Mueller probe is finished. Any indictments he wants to bring have to be authorised by the new AG, who has already stated he thinks the investigation is a witch hunt. Any subpoenas brought by the now democratic house can be refused by the white house. Those subpoenas would then be referred to the Supreme Court for adjudication, the supreme Court that is now majority Republican, and has Brent - I hate the Democrats - Kavanaugh on it.
  • I really hope Goobs is wrong about the Mueller probe but with the Dems as clueless as they've been the past few years?
    Perhaps the US needs a new Revolution?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unfortunately, the wrong side has all the guns.
  • Even if Mueller goes ahead, what's the end game. Get to the Senate and have someone make a great speech to the kindly old duffers there so that they deliver a guilty verdict?

The actual process might wear down or embarrass other people, I think Trump would just turn it into another circus and a not guilty verdict at the end would be dangerous.
  • The democrats need to stop playing trump at his own game. They need to focus on why people should vote for them, regardless of the opposiition. Trump has deflected everything. He blatantly lies and doesn't care so why bother?
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    The democrats need to stop playing trump at his own game. They need to focus on why people should vote for them, regardless of the opposiition. Trump has deflected everything. He blatantly lies and doesn't care so why bother?

They have been, that's why they've picked up so many house seats, and got within just over 2 points of Cruz in texas, a state Trump won by 9.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Plus there is a recount in Florida, so they could still potentially win that seat.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Goobs is right. Beto O Rourke needs coached to a president role.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    The democrats need to stop playing trump at his own game. They need to focus on why people should vote for them, regardless of the opposiition. Trump has deflected everything. He blatantly lies and doesn't care so why bother?

They have been, that's why they've picked up so many house seats, and got within just over 2 points of Cruz in texas, a state Trump won by 9.

Fair point. Looking at it, it's more an issue with the media. He throws the sardines, they're the seagulls following the trawler.

SFV - reddave360
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just a note. California actually has some of the strictest gunlaws, and I think what he was carrying was illegal (magazine size was over 10, and it's restricted here).

It's all just so strange, we were at a biker oriented bar two weeks ago (it's pretty close, there's a fun road to ride that goes over the mountain behind our house which is a popular ride, there's a bar halfway "Hell's Kitchen" which is a famous stop). We already noticed something must have happened along the road, as the traffic was coming to a halt were the bar was. Once that settled down there a bike crash in front of the bar. 
    For some reason that's a cue for your typical American guy to start talking to me, and he explained the earlier holdup was because there was a guy waving a gun around at the bar earlier. People managed to scare him off and got him away from the bar, police picked him up a bit further on the road half an hour later.
    Then he starts talking about the strict gun laws, how he never takes his weapon with him because people on Harley's are already an easier target for police, and he just doesn't want the trouble. But he's also pointing at rocks in the distance and telling us how he would be able to shoot that and with what gun he would do it. Also showed some pictures of a deer shot by his son with a bow. 

I don't think I can ever get used to stuff like that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Looks like Florida senate seat is going to go to a hand recount (less than a 0.25% gap), and the Gillum/DeSantis governor rave may also be heading to a recount, and Arizona looks like it will go to the Democrats.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Arizona? That’s pretty remarkable.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!