Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Harris is a damn cop. Bernie or bust.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean, Warren voters who don't get Warren will almost certainly get behind Harris or Sanders. But Sanders voters who don't get Sanders...

Plus, Sanders actually has rust belt support and the track-record. If it goes all the way, he'll pick up Trump strongholds that I don't think the other two will.

Trump’s trade policy is polling under water in the rust belt. Anyone but Trump is in with a decent shot around there.
  • Trump’s trade policy is polling under water in the rust belt. Anyone but Trump is in with a decent shot around there.

Aye, and polling strongly in favour of Sanders. He, by far, has the best record there. 

Re. Biden - I'm really not worried about him. Look at the other 17 million candidates. When they drop out, which they will, where are their votes going? Not to Biden, that's for sure. Biden votes right now are the Trad Dem safe hands bet - the same ones that defaulted to Hillary. For each candidate that drops out I expect to see Sanders, Harris and Warren go up, with Biden remaining pretty much static.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Biden has 100% name recognition, so yeah, how he's going to pick up more support will be interesting.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Harris is a damn cop. Bernie or bust.

Yep. And she's got an extremely questionable political past for someone who might label herself progressive.

Biden is a joke.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FWIW, right now I’d pick Warren over Sanders, or indeed anyone else. She’s been nailing it, IMO. As a bonus, she’s not older than the sun.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    FWIW, right now I’d pick Warren over Sanders, or indeed anyone else. She’s been nailing it, IMO. As a bonus, she’s not older than the sun.

I predicted this
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Still, she's not as bad as Kamala Harris
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I recall you predicting I’d support Harris, but maybe I missed something.
  • This is really matter that much about who goes in beyond them being able to get the votes to become president.? They can all talk policy but sanders would have to temper his plans a little even if he won, otherwise the dems won't support him.

I don't know enough about the individuals but for me sanders, Harris and Warren were the most appealing in terms of charisma and like it or not that's as important as any policy.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    This is really matter that much about who goes in beyond them being able to get the votes to become president.? They can all talk policy but sanders would have to temper his plans a little even if he won, otherwise the dems won't support him.

I don't know enough about the individuals but for me sanders, Harris and Warren were the most appealing in terms of charisma and like it or not that's as important as any policy.

You misunderstand Sanders. He's building a movement. It isn't just about being elected. It's about giving people a platform to get better and demand a say. Read "How Bernie Won" by his old campaign manager.

Look at the PLP now. It isn't enough to be elected. Real change will only happen once the membership asserts itself. Hopefully it will, the time is now (selection options are going up any time now)

• Yossarian wrote:

She's 70.

Biden won't win. I think at some point he'll be advised hes too toxic and be asked to back out. He will probably stay in a while, but his numbers are only going to go down.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Marginally younger than the sun, then.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    She's 70. Biden won't win. I think at some point he'll be advised hes too toxic and be asked to back out. He will probably stay in a while, but his numbers are only going to go down.
    That makes sense, but people must have said that to him already. He'll be thinking it's his turn and he has the Democrat machine behind him.
  • Since when does age matter? Bernie has been fighting the good fight since the 80s. He started small and scaled up. I don't get this stuff with age. Do you want a 45yo, smooth looking POTUS? Who's gonna do 8 years and then make some real money on the speaking scene, maybe start a "45 yo smooth POTUS remember me" foundation, to feed a couple of African kids on a millions a year gross budget, while his country, aided and abetted by him, actively undermines every effort by that country's people to ensure a fair distribution of its resources? Hey maybe his kids will get in the right school and they can start a dynasty. All while the planet turns into Venus. Fuck me sideways, we'll remember, imagine if we got that old dude instead

Pathetic.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, I want the 45 year old 70 year old.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Warren’s winning for me on policy, the fact that she wouldn’t be 86 at the end of two terms is a bonus.
  • Which one?
  • All the terminal memelords on my Twitter have glommed onto Williamson entirely as expected.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Which one?

Sheer breadth and depth more than anything else. The differences on individual policies doesn’t strike me as so big, Warren just has more of them.
  • Brooks, Toss doesn't want to name a single policy because, first, he'd have to look them up. He's just seen a photo op at the Mexican border that's all.
  • When Hamas puts its rocket launchers next to hospitals, next to schools, they’re using their civilian population to protect their military assets...

And I believe Israel has a right, at that point, to defend itself.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair enough, she’s wrong on that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I am slightly bored of the constant attacks and ridicule for having a different opinion, though. I mean, after 15 years it’s definitely tedious.
  • Don't have ridiculous opinions then. Or back them up.

Or you know, do what you normally do and complain and moan and say I'm a meanie. You argue nonstop with tons of people over many things. They just don't complain about you, because they understand that's just the world, man.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I won’t argue with you because I don’t want to argue with someone who sees attacks as part and parcel of arguing. I’ve got to look after my mental health, I can’t do that in the face of abuse. Sorry man, I just can’t do it.
  • Okay I'll give you this:
    ozno wrote:
    Warren is unarguably a vast improvement over trump, she will make some minor improvements to the economic system such that fewer people will be miserable, summat like 10% fewer people will be miserable under her presidency than trump's. She will probably take some steps to reduce the rate at which we are turning our planet into Venus, maybe even by about 20%. She is undoubtedly the third best dem candidate, behind Bernie and Tulsi Gabbard. She may have a decent 8 years and pave the way for Ocario Cortez or someone who does understand what we urgently need, and by that time who knows maybe there is still time for us all

That's all you'll get out of me :)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I won’t argue with you because I don’t want to argue with someone who sees attacks as part and parcel of arguing. I’ve got to look after my mental health, I can’t do that in the face of abuse. Sorry man, I just can’t do it.

There you go man, mental health.

I wish you the very best.

• I_R wrote:
    Biden won't win. I think at some point he'll be advised hes too toxic and be asked to back out. He will probably stay in a while, but his numbers are only going to go down.
    That makes sense, but people must have said that to him already. He'll be thinking it's his turn and he has the Democrat machine behind him.

I think up until recently he did. He's been the frontrunner basically because people can pick him out of a line up, and I think he thought that would be enough. The party machine probably did too.

But the world is a very different place from 2016, and the party has been transformed. Its beginning to dawn on them I think.
  • Meh, Bernie all the way.
    After Trump the US needs to make a hard turn LEFT.
    Balance and all that.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!