Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Exactly. Total waste of time and energy. Trump comes out on top, Republicans are unified, Dems have no discernable road map.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    What else exactly are they supposed to do?
    They should have made a show of not impeaching him for the good of the country. Sending it up to a Republican controlled Senate means there's almost no chance of conviction and hands the whole process to Republicans.

So just admit that they are not willing to do their duty to uphold the constitution, which they have sworn to do as elected members of congress? That will really motivate Democratic voters next year.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Exactly. Total waste of time and energy. Trump comes out on top, Republicans are unified, Dems have no discernable road map.

Because they weren't already?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    More so now. Dems can't even decide what policies they believe.
  • Kow wrote:
    More so now. Dems can't even decide what policies they believe.

That's just because of the candidate thing. It was the same last time with the republicans. Once they pick candidate they will be able to unify policy
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think this will gain trump as many votes as it gains the dems. I'm not saying it means they will win, but I think they absolutely had to do it, and it won't harm them.
  • I don't think this will gain trump as many votes as it gains the dems. I'm not saying it means they will win, but I think they absolutely had to do it, and it won't harm them.

It won't convince diehard republicans but maybe it will help the undecided. Although if the dems go with Biden, I don't think he comes out of this too well either. Bernie on the other hand could probably go to town with this.

SFV - reddave360
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Hunter Biden was investigated by the State Department and cleared of any crime (as he was a private citizen) so there's that.

Edited.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Biden was investigated and cleared of any crime so there's that.

He wasn't even investigated because there wasn't grounds/evidence to open one.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yeah, too strong a word.

Trump had to be impeached, even if it knowingly cost the Dems.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Impeaching when you know it can't succeed and will weaken your own efforts is nothing but a mistake. I mean, all the talk of tactical voting in the UK doesn't apply to the US? It's not the time for talk of impeaching for moral reasons.
  • Biden was investigated and cleared of any crime so there's that.

He wasn't even investigated because there wasn't grounds/evidence to open one.

I get that but if its Biden vs trump, it will be easy to muddy that water. Bernice (or Warren) could go right for it and not worry about any come back.

SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I don't think this will gain trump as many votes as it gains the dems. I'm not saying it means they will win, but I think they absolutely had to do it, and it won't harm them.

It won't convince diehard republicans but maybe it will help the undecided. Although if the dems go with Biden, I don't think he comes out of this too well either. Bernie on the other hand could probably go to town with this.
    Biden is a fucking ghoul and his brain is melting almost as fast as Trump's. It should be Bernie all the way but the establishment Dems will fight it all the way.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Impeaching when you know it can't succeed and will weaken your own efforts is nothing but a mistake. I mean, all the talk of tactical voting in the UK doesn't apply to the US? It's not the time for talk of impeaching for moral reasons.
    The impeachment is all the Democrats wanted. Publicly, Pelosi will insist she can't see this handed over to the Senate until terms about a fair trial are set and met (e.g. witnesses ffs, McConnell out on conflict of interest) but I think it more likely they will sit on this as long as possible, introduce more articles of impeachment and use this to distract Trump's 2020 campaign and use it to beat him over the head as often as possible. He wants to be 'exonerated' so he can crow about it but by the House stalling indefinitely it will drive him mad(der) and ideally fuck up his campaign.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They can't introduce more articles now can they? They've had the vote.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No but they're stalling on officially handing over the charges to the senate. I don't know how long they can drag that out for.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Maybe stretching it out a little, showing up the Republicans for what they are (a partisan disgrace that have no intention of doing their duty and holding the executive to account) is a way to motivate democratic voters/fence sitters.

They are proving that the Republicans only care about one thing, and that despite overwhelming evidence, they are not prepared to defend the US constitution over their own narrow interests (getting some GoP funding for their own reelection campaigns, and tax cuts for the rich).

It's reinforcing the idea that the only way to r Ed move trump from office, restore faith in the presidency and in US democracy is to vote democrat in 2020.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I hope they're right but I don't hold much hope for it. Trump has adequately shown that he's a disgrace without any help. I can't see impeachment changing much. Although, having said that, one of the big Christian groups has publicly turned on Trump so maybe more will follow.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, this is all speculation on my part. I hope I'm right, although I don't have much faith considering the last 5 years of political results around the world.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They can't introduce more articles now can they? They've had the vote.
    They've voted on the articles that were before the House yes, but new charges can be brought and therefore new articles to vote on (based on what I am reading from various sources, ianal).
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Ianal you anal let's call the whole thing off.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    quite
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Julián Castro drops out.

I imagine this month will be The Culling where a whole bunch of no hopers are wiped out. Or at the latest post Iowa when they are annihilated there.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think the 4 front runners (plus bloomberg, is he still running?) will be all that's left by the end of Jan.
  • He is running, although he isn't on the ballot of 3 of the first 4 states.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He is running, although he isn't on the ballot of 3 of the first 4 states.

He's toast then surely? Is it remotely possible for him to make up that deficit, or is he banking on no-one getting a lead in the first states?
  • He is running, although he isn't on the ballot of 3 of the first 4 states.

He's toast then surely? Is it remotely possible for him to make up that deficit, or is he banking on no-one getting a lead in the first states?

He's not really serious about it, it's just an ego trip for him.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I just read he's banking on Super Tuesday, and has spent an insane amount of money on TV ads in those states.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    He is running, although he isn't on the ballot of 3 of the first 4 states.

He's not really serious about it, it's just an ego trip for him.

I think he's very serious, someone with an ego as big as his is, and a team as expensive as his is, wouldn't enter the race unless the had good evidence they could win, plus...
    I just read he's banking on Super Tuesday, and has spent an insane amount of money on TV ads in those states.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!