Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I temporarily forgot it needs two thirds. Can't imagine it swinging that far given trump will say anything declared against him is a lie and others will tow that line. At least Nixon had the dignity to quit when the majority were against him.
  • Nixon quit because his impeachment hearings revealed his recordings, at which point he was utterly fucked, he certainly would've been impeached had it gone to a vote.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Impeachment trial not even bothering with witnesses then eh? At least the fight for most embarrassing country doesn't just have us lot in it...
  • This is very interesting -

(Polarization, Politics, and Identity)
  • I wonder how many Republicans suspect Trump is a rapist yet still support him?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm sure they don't care. Rape isn't even a proper crime to a lot of people in America. Brock Turner's dad wrote a letter to the judge saying (paraphrasing) "it would be unfair to punish him for the rest of his life for 20 minutes of action".

The party don't care about any of his misdemeanours because he is serving their corporate interests, and allowing them to rig the system to hold onto power. His base support don't care because they've been brainwashed into thinking all politicians are as corrupt as each other, but at least trump is on their side.
  • I'm sure they don't care. Rape isn't even a proper crime to a lot of people in America. Brock Turner's dad wrote a letter to the judge saying (paraphrasing) "it would be unfair to punish him for the rest of his life for 20 minutes of action".

The party don't care about any of his misdemeanours because he is serving their corporate interests, and allowing them to rig the system to hold onto power. His base support don't care because they've been brainwashed into thinking all politicians are as corrupt as each other, but at least trump is on their side.

Was thinking the same. There's a lot of 'boys will be boys' attitudes to rape in the States, especially on the republican side.

SFV - reddave360
  • We're hearing from Iowa, and it seems caucuses are fucking dumb. Unprecedented.
  • You love to see it, as the meme goes.
  • Reading the coverage of it you would think that Sanders was a rank outsider, rather than the one most likely to win the first two states.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • The ratfucking is on, not least because Buttchug looks like one.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Looks like Biden's goose is cooked. Coming 4th in this race is not a good look. Bernie shouldn't be getting beaten by Buttigieg, but the voting fuck up will probably make his supporters think there was some sort of conspiracy and help him raise more money.
  • Biden v Trump had huge comedy potential.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It'll be fascinating to see what happens when Bloomberg gets involved.
  • Bernie shouldn't be getting beaten by Buttigieg, but the voting fuck up will probably make his supporters think there was some sort of conspiracy and help him raise more money.

Buttigieg has been polling high in Iowa, despite nationally being way behind.
  • He spent all his money there as a shop window thing
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • All that sweet billionaire money. There'll be plenty more now, old biden's fuckinh done.

Bernie will win this if his fans don't alienate Warren voters. Softly softly catchy votie.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Its also worth pointing out that Sanders had a commanding lead in total votes until votes were reallocated from those that didn't reach the 15% threshold. Given Bidens weaker showing, he would have failed to make that regularly. Where do we think those votes would largely have gone to? After that his lead was cut, but its still currently 1300.

In a normal vote, Sanders and Biden would come out better, and Buttigieg worse. Despite that though, if it stayed as it is right now, Sanders and Buttigieg would leave with the same amount of delegates.
  • This does my head in now. Tuning out for the whole season 'til they've made up their fucking minds and I can praise or damn them accordingly. Won't even keep up with Chapo. Practice self care.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message

Does anyone know when Bloomberg enters the race?
  • Wiki says he doesn't come in until the Super Tuesday states.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers G.
    Brooks wrote:
    This does my head in now. Tuning out for the whole season 'til they've made up their fucking minds and I can praise or damn them accordingly. Won't even keep up with Chapo. Practice self care.

I'm already resigned to the thought that Trump will win anyway. I've lost faith in humanity over the last 5 years, so now I'm just observing it like it's a sports competition that I find interesting, but have no stakes in.
  • we all know the greatest faith restorer in humanity is someone handing in a wallet full of money. It’s basically the only qualification so just wait a week for something like that on Facebook.
  • Facebook now seems to have officially accepted and embraced its role as the great enabler of propaganda/fakenews. Not really surprising considering the million (billion?) dollar online political campaigns running atm.

It's of the utmost importance anyone and everyone (espeacially billionaires!) are granted "freedom of speech".
    Express yourselves yo!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Perhaps Democrats should run ads in massively red states saying that the Republican there supports gun control, abortion rights and gay rights, and see how long that lasts.
  • Republican super gay paedo sex conspiracy! Read all about it!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Perhaps Democrats should run ads in massively red states saying that the Republican there supports gun control, abortion rights and gay rights, and see how long that lasts.

Not sure if your joking but I kinda think its time they did - and then when they get into power they really need to put in bullet-proof legislation to control online ads. I know, go high when the others go low but going low is winning and its winning big. Whether we like it or not. It feels like the left is so principled its not aware how much the battlefield has changed.

The left needs to get into power and really push protecting these things. We can all say how shit Trump has been a president but look how much damage he has done. Look at how much he has done for his paymaster base in terms of taking away legislation, tax breaks etc. Much of the gains under Obama are gone or going. If he gets another 4 years and he doesnt have to worry about re-election? 

Yes, I'm being a bit dramatic but you get what I mean right?
    SFV - reddave360
  • This really does highlight the absurdity of both this system, and the idea that Buttigieg is leading.

x9fzN6H.jpg

So the only thing that actually matters is the Delagates, and thats 10-10-4 for him, Sanders and Warren. State Delegate Equivilents he has slight lead with, this is basically a nonsense rating applied to different districts which assigns how much weighting their vote gets but they arent far enough apart for it to mean one gets more Delegates than the other. Sanders has more votes in total, with Buttigieg picking up more second preferences to close the gap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!