Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Don’t forget though he’s been aided by the rest of the Republican Party. He’s only allowed to do his bullshit because the other houses (when they were both republican) let him.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He's a narcissistic, insecure, egotistical griffter. He will do whatever he has to to keep his wealth and stay out of prison.
  • Don’t forget though he’s been aided by the rest of the Republican Party. He’s only allowed to do his bullshit because the other houses (when they were both republican) let him.

While he is legally the president sure.
    There is a huge leap from there.
    Backing him as President when he is no longer so would mean tearing down what props them up.

He will go viciously but ultimately quietly then disappear into retirement safe in the knowledge he will never be trialled for his crimes as President or prior because doing so would rock the boat.

Why would the Reps pull down a system that works so well for them even when a Dem is in the White House?
  • Because breaking the system might mean never having to face a pesky election again?

I wouldn't put it past mitch and the boys. Look how they acted over the impeachment stuff. If they feel they have enough support, they'll allow him to do a hell of a lot. They've done so already. Have a third term? I can see it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The Republican's couldn't abandon Trump to impeachment without pissing of their base, if he loses the election, self interest will kick in again and they'll start thinking about who runs against Biden next time.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Biden isn't running again.
  • There is absolutely no way in hell Trump is backed refusing to leave after losing the election. His only power is being the president. He loses that with an election loss.
  • I just have low faith. Only today we see the president selling beans and Also he’s not in jail. The rules only matter while people can be arsed to uphold them. And we see democracies rewriting rules in real time which maintain the figleaf of accountability while concentrating power.
  • America is a pseudo democracy, there is no real choice.
    It is why I am confident Trump wont be able to break that system.

If you want wholesale change in America the best chance is probably Trump refusing to leave the White House and tearing the whole thing down. It isn't going to come from voting for people. Which is exactly why it won't happen. For a start you have to believe Trump holds sufficient power.
  • Kanye rides again.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53467658

The man needs help. I think this is probably a publicity stunt for a new album but at the same time he seems to be flipping in and out of being a complete lunatic.
  • Where was point he flipped out of it?

I bet the album that comes of this will be awful.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Anyone else seen the interview Trump did with Fox news the other day? He came of looking even more deranged than normal.

Arguing with the interviewer that he wouldn't be able to answer the very hard questions (they are anything but hard) that Trump took as part of a cognitive ability test, which the interviewer said he had taken and found fairly easy.

Saying that Biden and Sanders had signed a proposal to abolish the police, which the interviewer pulled him up on and said that the proposal said no such thing. That got trump mad and he demanded that someone bring him the proposal (spoiler alert, he couldn't find any mention of abolishing the police).

And this was on Fox!
  • Where was point he flipped out of it?

Ha, good point.

Let's say flipping in and out of being an oddball and being worryingly ill.
  • "Beautiful world wars"
    Fucking hell
  • Anyone else seen the interview Trump did with Fox news the other day? He came of looking even more deranged than normal.

Arguing with the interviewer that he wouldn't be able to answer the very hard questions (they are anything but hard) that Trump took as part of a cognitive ability test, which the interviewer said he had taken and found fairly easy.

Saying that Biden and Sanders had signed a proposal to abolish the police, which the interviewer pulled him up on and said that the proposal said no such thing. That got trump mad and he demanded that someone bring him the proposal (spoiler alert, he couldn't find any mention of abolishing the police).

And this was on Fox!

Saw a few clips. Remarkable really, especially as it's on Fox. Wonder if Trump was expecting a softball interview and not the extra presses on things? Regardless, Trump seems to be doing a lot of damage currently to his image, not that it'll change much to his base.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What's the name for the thing Trump does when he is trying to claim an idea is a fact, by saying lots of people know this or say this. In this example he says something like "and as you know, masks cause problems too" as though it's an established fact and common knowledge. Is there a term for this, like you get with other dubious debate techniques?
  • Beyond lying I'm not sure.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Gaslighting.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It seems like one of those things taught by self help gurus telling you how to be a better negotiater.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think it's probably the appeal to the concensus. If people are unsure they look to see what everyone else thinks. If he can suggest (without any evidence) that everyone else thinks the same as him he can convince the undecided.

I think I will call it the 8 out of 10 cats rule.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've just watched the whole of that Chris Wallace interview. And I am ready for doom
  • It seems like one of those things taught by self help gurus telling you how to be a better negotiater.

Everyones talking about it you know. I'm not saying it works but I'm hearing great things about it and people have been surprised at how great those things are.

That kind off thing?
    SFV - reddave360
  • A real man creates his own reality!

Trump obv didn't expect to be grilled by the interviewer lol.
    Also, the mortality rate will be fucking awful. They actually have no national covid 19 policy and it will reflect in their figures come november. And it will be geriatric Trump voters who will be hit the hardest. This will effect the elections. The question is how much?

It's like watching lemmings march to their doom. Funny but also kindof sad.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    It seems like one of those things taught by self help gurus telling you how to be a better negotiater.
    Everyones talking about it you know. I'm not saying it works but I'm hearing great things about it and people have been surprised at how great those things are.

That kind off thing?

Yes, exactly that.
  • Sort of a mix of gaslighting and this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

The gaslighting comes into it because the tone / content of speech imply that the people do believe the wrong information, which I’m not convinced is true. It depends whether trump thinks it’s true (in which case pure “wisdom of the masses” fallacy) or trying to persuade people it’s true (gaslighting of above fallacy)
  • hunk wrote:
    A real man creates his own reality!

Trump obv didn't expect to be grilled by the interviewer lol.
    Also, the mortality rate will be fucking awful. They actually have no national covid 19 policy and it will reflect in their figures come november. And it will be geriatric Trump voters who will be hit the hardest. This will effect the elections. The question is how much?

It's like watching lemmings march to their doom. Funny but also kindof sad.

Ironic, given that lemmings never actually matched to their doom.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Sort of a mix of gaslighting and this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

The gaslighting comes into it because the tone / content of speech imply that the people do believe the wrong information, which I’m not convinced is true. It depends whether trump thinks it’s true (in which case pure “wisdom of the masses” fallacy) or trying to persuade people it’s true (gaslighting of above fallacy)

Yeah, that sounds about right. A gaslight approach to the argument from consensus.
  • Here is the test or type of test Trump is flexing about.

Ed-UGSRYWk-AA5-Kkw.jpg

It should be extremely easy for anybody as it isn't an academic test. The fact he said it was hard is worrying.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!