Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Warren

I think she will be seen as too old.
  • Frank Warren?
  • I've seen a few things about Biden being popular enough to provide a surge in state elections, which could overturn a lot of the local gerrymandering and voter suppression. He'd not be my choice, but it's hard to argue that he's electable.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Again so we’re clear: people like me (and dare I say you?) are fine almost whatever happens. We have businesses or decent jobs and a mortgage we can afford and we’re already well educated (on paper at least) and our children are healthy and we go on holidays and so on and so on. We don’t really need these huge changes. We’re just appalled at trump’s awfulness and Johnson’s ineptitude. So anything not as bad looks better. But does it really affect us? At least now? You want to stop future trumps and brexits and Hungaries, you have to stop bidens

In an ideal world it shoulda been Bernie. Or Corbyn in the UK. Sadly they've been villified by the right as evil commies and thus been rejected by the plebs. Sigh. Now people have to choose for the lesser evil.

Also, some of us might be middle class by now but that does not mean we are not aware the system is inherently broken. I'm guessing many here weren't always secure and had to actually climb the social economic ladder complete with all the bs obstacles. I reckon the forum wouldn't lean so left otherwise. Many assumptions so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • What are peoples bets for Biden's VP?
    regmcfly wrote:
    Warren

No chance. She's fucking useless and fills none of the criteria that the Dems think they need to make Biden look good. Amy Klobuchar stabbed at Warren from beyond the grave by withdrawing from the VP list by stating that Bidens VP needed to be a woman of colour - effectively ending any attempt by her to weasel her way in. Biden has also semi-privately said that he's only going to serve one term so they need a VP that can step into the nomination in 2024.

To that end, I think you're looking at either Kamala Harris (although being a fucking cop might nix that), Tammy Duckworth (gets the troop vote) or Rice.

I'm going to go with Michelle Obama, for the DNC dream ticket.

Gamertag: gremill
  • I think he’ll go for someone who is fairly progressive. They don’t want to risk those votes that left Clinton and I think he has solidity in general across the board otherwise.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It would be great if he picked Stacey Abrams, but I don't think there is the appetite for someone like her, who might risk rocking the boat too much.
  • What are peoples bets for Biden's VP? I'm going for Susan Rice.

He's more likely to pick Susan Collins.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    KANYE IS OUT!
  • He was never in.
    Just another chapter in the life of a narcissistic attention seeker.
  • Still not as sad as that time he begged Mark Zuckerberg for 1 billion dollars to invest in Kanye West ideas.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Or when he blamed slaves for slavery.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    asGD2p1.gif

Are we really saying that 4 more Years of Trump and 4 years of Biden would be more or less the same? 

That last four years have been unique in how damaging a single president can be to both Americas infrastructure and the world in general.

I get that overall in terms of ideology the 2 main parties are more similar than they might advertise but Trump has been awful to have as a president figure head. Not only has he fractured American society more than anyone else (arguably those cracks were there and might have gone anyway but boy did he add weight to the hammer) he has emboldened similar rulers around the world. Again, they were always there but I think having Trump as almost a framework guide on how to act has been terrible.

Don't get me started, there are guaranteed ways in which Biden will be worse.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Ah don't hold back. Genuinely curious. Ive no love for any American politician to be honest but the damage trump is doing, it's hard to imagine any other candidate being this bad (from either party).

I genuinely think if he gets 4 more years we could be looking at an attempt of an American dictatorship. He is the only president in my lifetime who publically believes the position to mean he is above all, that he is exempt from all laws. I really worry what another four years will see from him, but also the type of American politician that will follow in his wake. Saying Biden winning could lead to Don Jr the following term is possible but I think if trump gets another 4 years, we could be looking at Don Jr anyway.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I just think Russia will hack that many polling stations again that Trump is bound to win.  He was a fucking joke last time, even up to the actual night of the count but there you go, somehow he ‘won’ and it’ll happen again.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    People really hated Clinton.
  • Like a lot seem to really hate Biden too though i guess.
  • Like a lot seem to really hate Biden too though i guess.

Nah, the Clinton stuff was off the chart. Its nowhere near as bad for Biden, plus with the economic downturn, BLM and covid stuff Trump is in much worse state.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think Hilary was another level.
    At a time the American people literally wanted anything different the Dems put forward the embodiment of the staus quo.
  • Fair enough.  I’m still betting a full English pound that Trump gets back in and if he doesn’t actually win the vote then I’m fully expecting him to refuse to leave and to try start a Dictatorship or something.
  • Fair enough.  I’m still betting a full English pound that Trump gets back in and if he doesn’t actually win the vote then I’m fully expecting him to refuse to leave and to try start a Dictatorship or something.

Snap on both counts.
    SFV - reddave360
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I think Hilary was another level.
    At a time the American people literally wanted anything different the Dems put forward the embodiment of the staus quo.

And they've done it again!
  • This is a great breakdown of laws, rules etc on Trump pulling the election or not leaving the White House.

The great thing is if he pulls the election he hands Presidency to some of his most hated rivals, potentially including Pelosi.
  • If the republican party backs him all those laws are out the window. Your dealing with a guy who believes himself above any laws both because he is president and because he is trump
    SFV - reddave360
  • It would be civil war. He would be taking a huge shit on the constitution.
    Watch the video, it is ironclad.

I mean he could do whatever but most will favour the constitution and structure (that pays them handsomely in money and power) over backing him.

It takes a much stronger will and mind to go through that than Trump has.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They didn't hate Hillary because she was the status quo. They hated her because she was Hillary.

I don't think people hate Biden, they're just not particularly enthusiastic about him.
  • I just think Russia will hack that many polling stations again that Trump is bound to win.  He was a fucking joke last time, even up to the actual night of the count but there you go, somehow he ‘won’ and it’ll happen again.
    He was new then and offering something different. Now he's the one that's been stinking up the White House for the last 4 years. And he still only won by a quirk of the system.

His hopes now rest on stopping people from voting, or Biden getting his cock out in the middle of a debate. Neither of which seem that far-fetched, admittedly.
  • I think the states are so fragmented that anything is possible. The idea that Pelosi would get the presidency without a large part of the country reaching for their second amendment guarantee is beyond me at this point.

I don't know how they get put back together to be honest. Certainly Biden isn't the man to do it. Look at how devicise the covid situation is over there. Sure, in other countries there are people who don't want to wear masks or don't care but it has gone so tribal there.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Certainly if Trump clearly blocks the election or loses and refuses to leave I think America have much bigger problems than if he were to just be reelected.

Ultimately though I don't think he has the guts for it. He is a weak willed man who is much more likely to run away with his tail between his legs while lashing out viciously. He isn't Hitler, he has no grand vision for America.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!