Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The foreign pickers that come to my village do go home at the end of every season. They're hardly gonna fancy staying for winter 'cause they live in caravans.

And naturally, UK students would have to be paid the minimum wage...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mate i've got it; 0 hour contracts.
  • "Fruits of Learning" - picking apples to earn tuition fee credits that can be exchanged for either cash (but below minimum wage as the scheme will be legally volunteer work) or to go toward paying tuition fees (but at a rate of 75p in the pound to cover 'admin' fees).
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Farmhands 4 Justice
  • We've just bought a Brexit Cunt vacuum. It better be good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A European Court of Justice Buster?
  • I want a vacuum running a billion units of power. And with no safety testing! Or guarantee!

Fucking EU. I have a right to buy shoddy goods and ruin the environment if I want.
  • The EU don't need one of those because they already suck.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    I want a vacuum running a billion units of power. And with no safety testing! Or guarantee! Fucking EU. I have a right to buy shoddy goods and ruin the environment if I want.

SHIT LIKE THIS!!!!    ^^^^^^

We had BS kitemarks long before EU standards, in fact what do you think most of the EU standards were originally based on??

I know you are probably (hopefully) being facetious, but so many of my friends aren't, and that's my fault for having stupid friends
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Why do I think that those aren't going to magically return in the absence of EU standards.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    I want a vacuum running a billion units of power. And with no safety testing! Or guarantee! Fucking EU. I have a right to buy shoddy goods and ruin the environment if I want.
    SHIT LIKE THIS!!!!    ^^^^^^ We had BS kitemarks long before EU standards, in fact what do you think most of the EU standards were originally based on?? I know you are probably (hopefully) being facetious, but so many of my friends aren't, and that's my fault for having stupid friends

Yes but there are 500 restrictions to pillows and that's clearly just absolute madness. How dare a man in Brussels who has never slept dictate how my pillow should be constructed.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Motorbike helmets have both certifications. We only have to worry about stuff that's manufactured in the UK...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Motorbike helmets have both certifications. We only have to worry about stuff that's manufactured in the UK...

Which is nothing so hey

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • What are we going to manufacture here that won't be exported to Europe?
    Changing the rules to be different to the EU just means most will have to adhere to two sets of rules. No company is going to make two versions of a product if they can help it.
    As for European manufacturers, they may decide to add on additional cost to meet our standards or in some cases just not bother for such a small market.
    We may even get products later than mainland Europe.
  • The nerds will vote when we get games and computer bits later.
  • Nah they will just moan on 4chan and call the EU racist or something equally stupid.
    They will probably blame a woman.
  • I really want to be able to see a glimpse of Post-Actual-Brexit media. I want to see where the blame game is pointing after we get everything we vote for.
  • The EU for not giving us a good deal (read not giving us our wildest dreams).

From that point if we go into recession then the similarities between this and the climate Hitler gained power in are going to start aligning. Switch out Treaty of Versailles with EU Deal.
    The Muzzers are already lined up to be our racial scapegoat.
  • Bookmarking this for 5 years
  • cockbeard wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    SHIT LIKE THIS!!!!    ^^^^^^ We had BS kitemarks long before EU standards, in fact what do you think most of the EU standards were originally based on?? I know you are probably (hopefully) being facetious, but so many of my friends aren't, and that's my fault for having stupid friends

You can thank (No prizes for guessing) The Daily Mail for this, thanks to this sort of bullshit.
  • I think goes to show how conditioned we are as a nation to marketing.
    I seriously question how many of these people were unhappy with their vacuum cleaner until they learned there was a betterer one out there.

As it is when I used to sell flooring in John Lewis we would recommend not getting Dysons as they were too powerful and damaged handmade rugs and wore carpets quicker. The looks on John Lewis customers faces when they realised their overpriced tat was worse than a Henry.
  • But you have to clean four times a week to get the same clean!
  • Dyson cordless Bastard quite good at cleaning the PC.
  • What does Andy think of that though?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Escape wrote:
    Which is nothing so hey

britishrainierwolfcastle.gif
  • hunk wrote:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/17/dark-money-democracy-billionaires-funding

This should actually be in the Brexit thread as well. This is how Trump and Farage won, it was never just 'the Russians', it was also an inside job. It's conservative Big Business trying to change the political landscape, trying to wholly control it; buying their way into power with what is effectively covert propaganda.

Mercer, Bannon, Trump are obvious manifestations of this desire but so are Putin and his oligarchs. And that's the real link between western conservative populism and current Russia. It's about Big Business and the Billionaires club succesfully owning (pwning?) their country, its political course and the surrounding political landscape due to covert funding and misleading targeted propaganda, all enabled by new cutting edge IT tech.

And as always the law is way behind current tech developments....This loophole will persist as long as those in power don't have any incentive to close it. Money rules everything?

From the US thread but also relevant here.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brexit, grassroots victory for the common man? Yeah, not so much.

DAH9JkFXcAEnCyR.jpg_large_zpses6dk29z.jpeg

Next up: Water wet, politician refuses to give straight answer to simple question, rich bloke found dodging taxes, athletes are over-paid, bear shits in woods, Pope says "I'm Catholic", and scientists announce colour of sky to be blue.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Cambridge Analytica are suing us over those reports.

:D
  • Haha, best news ever!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Cambridge Analytica are suing us over those reports. :D

Amazing. That means they’re scared.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!